Kool Aid ran out and this is the real team/coach

• 37 replies
Kool Aid ran out and this is the real team/coach
« on: January 07, 2015, 01:08:46 PM »
After more than 25 years I am just so frustrated with the status of the program.  I've been saying from the beginning of the season that we just are not that good.  You can stick the rankings up on the board but we didn't beat anyone but a down Syracuse program and that took our streak shooter to get on the best streak of his career.

This is not the kids fault.  This disaster, and it will become one, falls strictly on the coaching staff.  You can not be a program that only has 6 players at the necessary caliber to compete in this league. 

The kids play their heart out this is without a doubt, but the bench is lost on defense and just not offensively gifted.

Lavin has yet to recruit any glue guys off the bench or projects that he has turned into reliable players.

Don't even get me started on the Keith Thomas fiasco.  Hey coach when the transcript is written in a sharpie it is probably trouble..,

When Amar is in the game I watch him specifically and he can't guard anybody.  The game is too fast for him.
C Jones has the athleticism but isn't strong enough to play the 4 or 5 and on offense he gets thrown around like a rag doll
Joey D can bang but he can't do anything else.

This is not the kids fault and I can't reiterate that enough because that is what they are, kids.

Lavin also needs to step and have the kids back.  When the guy basically took a piggy back ride on our guy near the end and it was called a jumpball you need to get a technical just to show that you have the fire as well. Get a T, Get thrown out. You need to show passion. The game was basically over and they were exhausted and it almost look like that the quit on the coach after Dom fouled out. 

Say what you want about its early or whatever you want to feel better.

There is no savior that he is bringing in next year and unless this team makes the NCAA they need to start over (Which with 5 players that will be left won't be too hard)

I'll still shell out the money to go to these games and maybe sometime in my lifetime they will be back and I can tell my son that this was just a down period in the program's history...

Peace out yo,

Re: Kool Aid ran out and this is the real team/coach
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 01:14:24 PM »
Wow.  You know I feel the same way.  I came back to see if anybody feels the way I do.  This board is a joke.  God forbid anyone but the holy 10 members posts something. Please cancel my membership or ban me or whatever you fools do.  The 10 guys that post on here should just IM or something.  Post on facebook.  You can find me at the Garden actually rooting for the team not standing or sitting with my arms folded until they throw out T-Shirts.  I have lived through this program for 25 years and I am the last of the true "Loud People".  I can care less if I annoy people or if you think I'm an idiot.  I enjoy it. It is fun and we need more of it.  It used to be like that every game in the 80's and 90's.  You want to criticize Lavin let me hear you at the Garden. 

EVERY GAME TOMMY!  EVER GAME!  C'MON TOMMY! 

Peace Out Yo.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 01:19:24 PM »
After more than 25 years I am just so frustrated with the status of the program.  I've been saying from the beginning of the season that we just are not that good.  You can stick the rankings up on the board but we didn't beat anyone but a down Syracuse program and that took our streak shooter to get on the best streak of his career.

This is not the kids fault.  This disaster, and it will become one, falls strictly on the coaching staff.  You can not be a program that only has 6 players at the necessary caliber to compete in this league. 

The kids play their heart out this is without a doubt, but the bench is lost on defense and just not offensively gifted.

Lavin has yet to recruit any glue guys off the bench or projects that he has turned into reliable players.

Don't even get me started on the Keith Thomas fiasco.  Hey coach when the transcript is written in a sharpie it is probably trouble..,

When Amar is in the game I watch him specifically and he can't guard anybody.  The game is too fast for him.
C Jones has the athleticism but isn't strong enough to play the 4 or 5 and on offense he gets thrown around like a rag doll
Joey D can bang but he can't do anything else.

This is not the kids fault and I can't reiterate that enough because that is what they are, kids.

Lavin also needs to step and have the kids back.  When the guy basically took a piggy back ride on our guy near the end and it was called a jumpball you need to get a technical just to show that you have the fire as well. Get a T, Get thrown out. You need to show passion. The game was basically over and they were exhausted and it almost look like that the quit on the coach after Dom fouled out. 

Say what you want about its early or whatever you want to feel better.

There is no savior that he is bringing in next year and unless this team makes the NCAA they need to start over (Which with 5 players that will be left won't be too hard)

I'll still shell out the money to go to these games and maybe sometime in my lifetime they will be back and I can tell my son that this was just a down period in the program's history...

Peace out yo,

Not saying I'm not concerned, but by this logic Depaul is going to the NCAA tournament. I don't buy we're as good as 11-1, but I also don't we're as bad as 0-3. Teams go through slumps. I'm not ready to throw in the towel. In every season, you win some games that you might not deserve to win, and you lose some that maybe you shouldn't have lost. Let's see how it plays out in Rhode Island after 8 days to practice and regroup. At 11-4 the sky isn't falling, yet.

Poison

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 01:21:00 PM »
Wow.  You know I feel the same way.  I came back to see if anybody feels the way I do.  This board is a joke.  God forbid anyone but the holy 10 members posts something. Please cancel my membership or ban me or whatever you fools do.  The 10 guys that post on here should just IM or something.  Post on facebook.  You can find me at the Garden actually rooting for the team not standing or sitting with my arms folded until they throw out T-Shirts.  I have lived through this program for 25 years and I am the last of the true "Loud People".  I can care less if I annoy people or if you think I'm an idiot.  I enjoy it. It is fun and we need more of it.  It used to be like that every game in the 80's and 90's.  You want to criticize Lavin let me hear you at the Garden. 

Peace Out Yo.

I don't know if you're an idiot, but you certainly sound like an idiot. Where are the posters? People have jobs.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 01:33:14 PM »

Peace Out Yo.

I don't know if you're an idiot, but you certainly sound like an idiot. Where are the posters? People have jobs.

WTH is he talking about?  He's upset because people didn't respond or weren't in lockstep to his thread, huh?  LOL   

Sounds childish. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 02:44:17 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 01:36:16 PM »

Peace Out Yo.

WTH is he talking about?  He's upset because people didn't respond or were in lockstep to his thread, huh?  LOL   

Sounds childish. 

He needs a lesson in trolling. Maybe Marillac can help him

Tha Kid

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 01:52:34 PM »
What I'm confused about is why the 2nd post from bigmax acts like he is a different poster than the first?  Did he mean to sign onto a different account?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 01:57:14 PM »
If people don't respond in 6 min hit the panic button and curse everyone out.

It's cool to vent, this place is an outlet for that. I think over the years JJ has been a destination for fans to find news, discuss with passionate fans, and debate. This won't change. However to bigmac's point I wish more people would hop in discussion more often.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 02:05:51 PM »

It's cool to vent, this place is an outlet for that. I think over the years JJ has been a destination for fans to find news, discuss with passionate fans, and debate. This won't change. However to bigmac's point I wish more people would hop in discussion more often.
Dave: How do we do it LOUD on the board?  I'd bet some of us on this board are pretty loud when we are at games.  I'll sign in as a "loud fan." Granted, it is mostly cheering for my squads, but I've let Koach Krybaby, whining Baby Boeheim, and Ol' Roy have it more than a few times.  Folded up arms are for refs in attendance that cannot show partiality either way  :angel:

Poison

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 02:09:45 PM »
I think we've all done a fine job complaining this season.

LoganK

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 02:12:29 PM »
I don't want to speak for everyone, but I imagine for some people it becomes tiresome seeing the same things posted over and over.  In addition, posting on this board is a green light to open yourself up to endless (sometimes deserved, often times not) criticism for thinking the way you do.  I am in no way pretending I don't do the same thing, but I can completely understand people not seeing the benefit to posting their opinions only to be told how foolish and wrong they are.  There are more times where I've deleted what I was about to post than times I've actually followed through with pushing "post" simply because I felt it wasn't worth it.
For this particular thread, I thought the original post was more just bigmaxnosauce needing to vent.  Any responses would seem to go back to what half our other threads have become; the overly panicked vs. the overly relaxed.  At this point there's not much else to say about the current situation that would cause the rest of us to say, "Hey, I never thought of it like that.  That's a view that hasn't yet been represented."  We've all pretty much determined and expressed how we feel.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2015, 02:22:46 PM »
We have spent at least 2 years talking about the same thing.  The problem is that it is ONLY sports.  It is not that important in the grand scheme of things (although I am near suicide after each loss).  There is only so much that can be said.  I find that I don't even really read posts anymore beyond the first sentence or two.  By then, I get the gist of the post.  I seldom look at who the poster was unless something in the post catches my attention.

Game threads and recruiting threads are a lot more interesting than "Fire Lavin" and "Who's Next" threads.  Just my opinion.

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 02:24:23 PM »
I don't want to speak for everyone, but I imagine for some people it becomes tiresome seeing the same things posted over and over.  In addition, posting on this board is a green light to open yourself up to endless (sometimes deserved, often times not) criticism for thinking the way you do.  I am in no way pretending I don't do the same thing, but I can completely understand people not seeing the benefit to posting their opinions only to be told how foolish and wrong they are.  There are more times where I've deleted what I was about to post than times I've actually followed through with pushing "post" simply because I felt it wasn't worth it.
For this particular thread, I thought the original post was more just bigmaxnosauce needing to vent.  Any responses would seem to go back to what half our other threads have become; the overly panicked vs. the overly relaxed.  At this point there's not much else to say about the current situation that would cause the rest of us to say, "Hey, I never thought of it like that.  That's a view that hasn't yet been represented."  We've all pretty much determined and expressed how we feel.

Well said.

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 04:04:18 PM »
What I'm confused about is why the 2nd post from bigmax acts like he is a different poster than the first?  Did he mean to sign onto a different account?

That was sarcasm.  Doc taught me how to recognize that. 

He'll be happy now.  A lot of responses in his thread.

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 05:30:48 PM »

logan and simplyred are right.  this stuff just gets redundant because the trolls say the same stuff over and over.  more people would probably get involved in the conversation if they weren't around, but there's nothing you can do about that

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 07:21:11 PM »
Maven's back!

Tha Kid

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 08:08:29 PM »

That was sarcasm.  Doc taught me how to recognize that. 

He'll be happy now.  A lot of responses in his thread.

Don't confuse lunacy for sarcasm ;)
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 03:27:55 AM »
Is it me or did Providence make the Tourney last year with a rotation of 6 or 7?

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 03:42:57 AM »

Peace Out Yo.
while your first post was perfectly reasonable and well balanced I nominate this post 6 minutes later before anyone even responded as the twilight zone of the year post.

Perhaps we can change the handle on this post to bixmaxonthesauce so it looks like you didn't respond to yourself :)

Moose

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 12:37:24 PM »

Peace Out Yo.
while your first post was perfectly reasonable and well balanced I nominate this post 6 minutes later before anyone even responded as the twilight zone of the year post.

Perhaps we can change the handle on this post to bixmaxonthesauce so it looks like you didn't respond to yourself :)

It was a day and 6 minutes later but I thought the same thing you did at first.
Remember who broke the Slice news