Zach B Lavin Rip

• 131 replies
Re: Zach B Lavin Rip
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 03:03:26 PM »
Isn't Arbitello the same guy who said that St. John's coaches had never been to CTK---two days before Adonis committed?  I guess we went to FIU to recruit Adonis.

Arbitello isn't the guy to make up stories or hold grudges for no reason. He's a good dude. If he says something negative about somebody he has a reason

Is Arbitello the same child that was talking trash about Lavin on Twitter?

Arbitello does not like Lavin, but he has his reasons. Whether they are legitimate or not is up to you, but there are reasons

Cae to share what those are?  When  people have facts, unless it is from someone who asks you not to repeat, why not tell what they area.  And if someone asks you not to tell, why say that you know something at all?

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 03:07:32 PM »
Yea I don't understand why folks don't share more.  Someone previously said that the CTK coach wanted Lavin to hire someone but he refused. And that is why there is beef. I asked for clarification and no one ever responded.

goredmen

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2015, 03:07:47 PM »
Isn't Arbitello the same guy who said that St. John's coaches had never been to CTK---two days before Adonis committed?  I guess we went to FIU to recruit Adonis.

Arbitello isn't the guy to make up stories or hold grudges for no reason. He's a good dude. If he says something negative about somebody he has a reason

Arbitello does not like Lavin, but he has his reasons. Whether they are legitimate or not is up to you, but there are reasons

Cae to share what those are?  When  people have facts, unless it is from someone who asks you not to repeat, why not tell what they area.  And if someone asks you not to tell, why say that you know something at all?

Honestly, I don't know what exactly all the reasons are. I know Arbs thinks Lavin has been disrespectful on multiple occasions but I am not sure of specifics. I also think another reason is that Arbs doesn't like that Lavin hasn't been recruiting CTK and NYC kids as hard as Arbs and other NYC HS coaches would like, hence these most recent Twitter comments about Alkins

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2015, 03:28:26 PM »

Honestly, I don't know what exactly all the reasons are. I know Arbs thinks Lavin has been disrespectful on multiple occasions but I am not sure of specifics. I also think another reason is that Arbs doesn't like that Lavin hasn't been recruiting CTK and NYC kids as hard as Arbs and other NYC HS coaches would like, hence these most recent Twitter comments about Alkins

So, you just made a statement that Arb had reason to be upset with Lavin, but don't know the reasons, right?  Gotcha!

Well, I was told Arb has an agenda for his reason(s) to why he was upset with Lavin.  Agenda....  Ahhhhh!  Sounds like some of y'all on here.

Poison

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2015, 03:42:14 PM »

He's crying like a little girl on Twitter. That's exactly how Lavin should treat him.

goredmen

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2015, 03:44:30 PM »

So, you just made a statement that Arb had reason to be upset with Lavin, but don't know the reasons, right?  Gotcha!

Well, I was told Arb has an agenda for his reason(s) to why he was upset with Lavin.  Agenda....  Ahhhhh!  Sounds like some of y'all on here.

I didn't say his reasons were legit or anything, but I don't think it's based on just blind hate or that he has an agenda. He's not that type of guy

goredmen

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 03:49:09 PM »

He's crying like a little girl on Twitter. That's exactly how Lavin should treat him.

If the best HS coach in the area that churns out high D1 prospects and currently has a potentially game changing prospect playing 10 minutes from campus, would you treat him like a little girl or would you try to mend fences? Arbs made the point that if Lavin doesn't like Arbs he can recruit Alkins through his AAU coach, which Lavin apparently hasn't been doing. This whole staff should be fired if they are not making every effort to get into the Alkins sweepstakes

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2015, 03:49:22 PM »

I didn't say his reasons were legit or anything, but I don't think it's based on just blind hate or that he has an agenda. He's not that type of guy

You may know better than I do.  But I spoke to someone who I respect, and he told me it's (the dislike towards Lavin) based on an agenda.  Who knows?

desco80

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2015, 03:49:51 PM »
Everyone has an agenda. 
And many of the local schools would like to have Lavin mentioned as "recruiting" one of their players, because it raises that players profile, even if they end up going to a MAAC  A10 NEAC  school etc. 
Also, for the most part Lavin fills his roster on the back end with guys like amar, hooper, marco, lipscomb, stewart, Henderson etc...favors or outreach to other constituencies.  Our 12 and 13th men aren't local kids, and that offends some people.

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2015, 03:51:11 PM »

Exactly!  His rant(s) on Twitter doesn't help his credibility.

goredmen

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2015, 03:51:35 PM »
Not sure how I got into defending Arbitello here, but if you look through his timeline, which of his posts from today regarding SJU make him sound like a little girl or is he wrong about?

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2015, 04:06:35 PM »
Not sure how I got into defending Arbitello here, but if you look through his timeline, which of his posts from today regarding SJU make him sound like a little girl or is he wrong about?

It's more about than what was said today. 

He also said, the staff told him, they didn't offer juniors.  Well, that goes against what they've actually done.  They've offered juniors in the past, and have already offered kids in the 2016 class.  I'm not saying, he's being untruthful.  But it doesn't sound right, being the staff has offered juniors....  Past and present.  It goes against what have actually taken place. 

The coaches aren't gonna get into a Twitter war, so I very, seriously doubt they respond to his post.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:07:10 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2015, 04:13:47 PM »

Everyone has an agenda. 

You knew my point (as, you also have an agenda), and I disagree.  But that's subjective.

And many of the local schools would like to have Lavin mentioned as "recruiting" one of their players, because it raises that players profile, even if they end up going to a MAAC  A10 NEAC  school etc. 
Also, for the most part Lavin fills his roster on the back end with guys like amar, hooper, marco, lipscomb, stewart, Henderson etc...favors or outreach to other constituencies.  Our 12 and 13th men aren't local kids, and that offends some people.

You have a good point with your latter quotes.   But he still doesn't give himself a good look, per his Twitter digs.

Moose

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2015, 04:34:14 PM »
Should a HS coach be ranting and raving on Twitter about a school in the same city as him?

Classless if you ask me.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2015, 04:42:35 PM »
Let me rephrase it shouldn't matter what city. And would he happen to be a teacher at CTK a too? Shouldn't he be setting an example for his kids. Ranting on Twitter does that?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2015, 04:49:17 PM »
@johnniefan105 I agree. There is enough talent in NYC to make SJU a powerhouse. Jefferson Cardozo Rays CTK Lincoln all have HIGH D1 players
3:14pm - 10 Jan 15

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2015, 04:50:32 PM »

You may know better than I do.  But I spoke to someone who I respect, and he told me it's (the dislike towards Lavin) based on an agenda.  Who knows?
someone posted something here or redmen.com that Lavin wouldn't give the ctk coaches nephew or cousin or inlaw a walk-on spot on the team
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 04:51:09 PM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2015, 04:52:11 PM »
@johnniefan105 @DalyDoseOfHoops @NYPost_Brazille they have offered 1 kid and he went to sju. They haven't offered anyone else.

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2015, 04:56:20 PM »
I am officially extending an offer to Rawle on behalf of SJU. 

Poison

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2015, 04:56:58 PM »

If the best HS coach in the area that churns out high D1 prospects and currently has a potentially game changing prospect playing 10 minutes from campus, would you treat him like a little girl or would you try to mend fences? Arbs made the point that if Lavin doesn't like Arbs he can recruit Alkins through his AAU coach, which Lavin apparently hasn't been doing. This whole staff should be fired if they are not making every effort to get into the Alkins sweepstakes

He sounds like the kind of person you want to stay away from, but hey, I don't really know. I'm not interested in paying any more attention than I already have to a high school basketball coach. My only point is that if he's trashing Lavin on Twitter, he's gotta have something wrong upstairs. Clearly he deserves to get smacked.