Lamont Jones - PG - American Christian School - Aston, PA - IONA

• 560 replies

Marillac

Either you believe Robbins that its done, or Zagoria that we haven't even contacted him yet. I am leaning towards Zagoria. Neither has went back on their reports so who knows.

It's ALL OVER twitter now.  Momo to STJ and Harrow to UK.

Link?

@DaveKrupinski
Dave Krupinski
 @LennRobbins & @GoodmanCBS are correct MoMo Jones will be heading to #stjbb & #Scoop Ryan Harrow transfers to #Kentucky #Wildcats #GoBigBlue

boo3

So i understand.  The decision on whether he must sit out a year or not , has not been made?  Would it be to the teams benefit for him to sit out? Who gets squeezed out if he's allowed to play? 

DFF6

Either you believe Robbins that its done, or Zagoria that we haven't even contacted him yet. I am leaning towards Zagoria. Neither has went back on their reports so who knows.

It's ALL OVER twitter now.  Momo to STJ and Harrow to UK.

Even if it's true, MoMo is NOT a bad consolation prize by any stretch.  Now we all have to go to church, temple, or wherever one prays and light a candle for MoMo to get a waiver.

So i understand.  The decision on whether he must sit out a year or not , has not been made?  Would it be to the teams benefit for him to sit out? Who gets squeezed out if he's allowed to play? 

He can't even appy until he officially transfers.  Hopefully word comes before classes start next fall.  Who gets squeezed out?  This year you'd have to say Malik but only out of minutes for now and only if the waiver is granted.   It does give the team 13 scholarship players already committed for 2012/13 if everyone shows up as scheduled and/or stays.

Another Zagoria gaffe.
Fire Mullin.

Moose

Another Zagoria gaffe.

Can Zags call up Harrow's mom and get another interview and find out how 'home' was?  Did Harrow even visit?  Some people who followed him on Twitter still had him in his GA home last night when he was supposed to be visiting STJ.
Remember who broke the Slice news

I really wanted harrow but its a great time to be a johnnys fan when freakin momo jones is the backup plan!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

I really wanted harrow but its a great time to be a johnnys fan when freakin momo jones is the backup plan!

Great to have another local on board! Even if he has to sit out the year, he can take the point over when Nuri leaves early. What happens with Phil Greene?

So Dave is reporting this.  He was the one who said that it was unlikely Momo to SJU would happen.

Now he is reporting it is done?

DFF6

So Dave is reporting this.  He was the one who said that it was unlikely Momo to SJU would happen.

Where did you see Dave reporting on MoMo being a done deal? 

BTW, regarding MoMo's family situation, someone posted the following information on MoMo in the TusconCitizen.com

"Lamont Da’sean Jones yes his middle name is ‘Da’sean  is the son of  Janeen Fuller(mother) & Clarence Sims(father).was raised primarily by his Grandmother.
Get the picture?"

Not sure if the above quote is true, but if it is, could help in getting the waiver...

http://tucsoncitizen.com/wildcatreport/2011/05/19/new-york-post-momo-jones-will-transfer-to-st-johns/

Marillac

Great to have another local on board! Even if he has to sit out the year, he can take the point over when Nuri leaves early. What happens with Phil Greene?

$500 standing bet to any and all takers that think Nuri gets drafted in the first round in the next two years.  Stop this talk about Nuri to the NBA...it is beyond ridiculous. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 06:01:02 PM by Marillac »

dR3w

FWIW Zagoria is reporting that Harrow has not yet decided on his destination   www.zagsblog.com ....

kg44

He sounds a little like Bronx Carl.

Momo on Momo:  "To other people, it may be something new. People may be like, 'I want to watch it again, because MoMo put on a show.' But to me, it's just another day in the life of MoMo Jones."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/05/former-usc-recruit-lamont-momo-jones-leaves-arizona-but-where-does-that-leave-arizona.html

Other Great quote:  "I don't necessarily think I played the basketball that MoMo likes to play." - on his play in the second half of the Pac-10 season, March 23

http://azstarnet.com/sports/basketball/college/wildcats/article_4b9a54dc-7213-5b54-a12b-1b96f1a4ddb7.html

dR3w

He sounds a little like Bronx Carl.

Momo on Momo:  "To other people, it may be something new. People may be like, 'I want to watch it again, because MoMo put on a show.' But to me, it's just another day in the life of MoMo Jones."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2011/05/former-usc-recruit-lamont-momo-jones-leaves-arizona-but-where-does-that-leave-arizona.html

Other Great quote:  "I don't necessarily think I played the basketball that MoMo likes to play." - on his play in the second half of the Pac-10 season, March 23

http://azstarnet.com/sports/basketball/college/wildcats/article_4b9a54dc-7213-5b54-a12b-1b96f1a4ddb7.html

As Terrell Owens once said, "I love me some me".

Moose

$500 standing bet to any and all takers that think Nuri does NOT get drafted in the first round in the next two years.  Stop this talk about Nuri to the NBA...it is beyond ridiculous. 

If it wasn't 1st round I would probably take the bet.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Where did you see Dave reporting on MoMo being a done deal? 

BTW, regarding MoMo's family situation, someone posted the following information on MoMo in the TusconCitizen.com

"Lamont Da’sean Jones yes his middle name is ‘Da’sean  is the son of  Janeen Fuller(mother) & Clarence Sims(father).was raised primarily by his Grandmother.
Get the picture?"

Not sure if the above quote is true, but if it is, could help in getting the waiver...

http://tucsoncitizen.com/wildcatreport/2011/05/19/new-york-post-momo-jones-will-transfer-to-st-johns/

Looks like he tweeted it, no?

And yes that would help his waiver cause if true.

kg44

$500 standing bet to any and all takers that think Nuri does NOT get drafted in the first round in the next two years.  Stop this talk about Nuri to the NBA...it is beyond ridiculous. 

If it wasn't 1st round I would probably take the bet.

I do not think the odds are good that Nuri gets drafted in the first round in the next two years.  But I hope he does.  Nonetheless, I'd put up $500 that he does not. 

FWIW Zagoria is reporting that Harrow has not yet decided on his destination   www.zagsblog.com ....

He's got having a good day.
Fire Mullin.

dR3w

He's got having a good day.

Not that I have to regurgitate what is on twitter, but Zags is saying that Harrow didn't make the St John's visit.  I was kinda wondering about the timeline myself.  People were saying that he was done real early this morning, when I thought his visit was today.  Seemed strange to me.

kg44

ESPN reporting:

As first reported this morning by Lenn Robbins of the New York Post, former Arizona guard Lamont "MoMo" Jones is headed to play for Steve Lavin at St. John's.

Even as a transfer, his impact with the Red Storm could come as soon as next season; Jones cited moving closer to his ailing grandmother in New York as the primary reason for transferring from the Wildcats, and could be eligible to play in 2011-12 under NCAA hardship rules.

Jones will compete for playing time -- whenever he's eligible to play -- with a handful of other impressive players slated to soon join the Red Storm. Lavin signed guards D'Angelo Harrison, Phillip Greene and Nurideen Lindsey in St. John's 2011 recruiting class, and while all are listed as shooting guards, Jones is also not a true point guard. Which of those four becomes the primary distributor, and how Lavin rotates his guards will be something to watch in the coming years.

Jones has two years of eligibility remaining.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/features/rumors/_/date/20110519#4357