Rysheed Jordan going pro

• 114 replies

ras

Re: Rysheed Jordan going pro
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2016, 11:43:53 AM »
Ponds has the ability to play the point well.  Everyone in HS with his talent is a SG, it's HS.  His penetrating ability is excellent and he gets a lot of assists when you consider he is the show.  Havent seen enough of Lovett yet but I think we will have a great 4 guard rotation next year, though I think Ellson will see some time as a small forward,  Eillison at this point is likely the 4th guard, will have to fight Lovett for third spot.
Not if Lovett isn't here.

I didn't see Lovett on the bench ---> Lovett was not on the bench --> Is Lovett transferring ---> Lovett has transferred -----> Who will fill Lovett's scholarship ----> Our new PG, Malik Ellison

Sounds about right.

You forgot Ellison is better than Lovett.

Now its complete

In fairness I think the Ellison thing is just a way of coping with the possibility of Lovett leaving. Would be like talking yourself into an ugly girl as a replacement for your hot girlfriend dumping you.
BTW I did not see anyone actually say Ellison was better than Lovett. Does Pervis post on here?
I agree. Staff arent nice persons. If Ellison was  better than Lovett , he would be our starting PG now.

QuanMan

« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2016, 11:09:27 AM »
FWIW Sheed is preparing to go overseas within the coming days per his Twitter feed. Hope the distance helps him mature, guess the details will come out soon enough.
Section 3
Section 116

Moose

« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2016, 11:20:02 AM »
FWIW Sheed is preparing to go overseas within the coming days per his Twitter feed. Hope the distance helps him mature, guess the details will come out soon enough.

Anyone want to start a pool on how many days he lasts?
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2016, 11:26:10 AM »

I'll take airport waiting area post contact from posse. :)

Moose

« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2016, 11:27:49 AM »

I'll take airport waiting area post contact from posse. :)

I can see it now.  He goes to airport and realizes he needs a passport that he doesnt have.

*Should have read Moose thread from early last year :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

Johnny23

« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2016, 11:42:14 AM »
Sheed is going overseas. I can see it now. Look guys, Parliament, Big Ben, unemployment line...

Hope it works out for the kid.

« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2016, 11:57:47 AM »
Biggest waste of talent I've seen at SJU.

desco80

« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2016, 01:28:24 PM »
We're a country of about 300million people.  About 10 guys on every nba team are assured a spot in the league next year.   That's 300 guaranteed nba players. 
1 in a million kids can rely purely on basketball skill to earn a living.
Rysheed is not one in a million.   

These kids need to understand how long of a shot it is for even the best of them to make (and stick) in the NBA. 
If basketball is the only thing you've ever focused on... chances are astronomically high that you're making a mistake.

« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2016, 03:12:14 PM »
The year of the last NBA lockout JR Smith went to China to play and missed every practice. EVERY PRACTICE. I think he wound up owing them money. I think Rysheed attempting to commute from Philly to "oversees" will rival that situation.

« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2016, 03:25:30 PM »
The year of the last NBA lockout JR Smith went to China to play and missed every practice. EVERY PRACTICE. I think he wound up owing them money. I think Rysheed attempting to commute from Philly to "oversees" will rival that situation.

I'll never forget the game his last season in the Garden tournament.  The one after Dom dunked on that big white Gophers head and 3'lo saved the out of bounds ball than hit a 4 point play.

I think Jordan had about 19 turnovers in that one.

Wods317

« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2016, 03:29:01 PM »
We're a country of about 300million people.  About 10 guys on every nba team are assured a spot in the league next year.   That's 300 guaranteed nba players. 
1 in a million kids can rely purely on basketball skill to earn a living.
Rysheed is not one in a million.   

These kids need to understand how long of a shot it is for even the best of them to make (and stick) in the NBA. 
If basketball is the only thing you've ever focused on... chances are astronomically high that you're making a mistake.

The thing about Rysheed is that if he focused on playing ball and came to practice and every game dedicated he would have been an NBA player in mind. He had all the tools but just was lacking in the mental part of it. Some kids have no shot at the NBA like you said. Rysheed actually had a decent shot based on his size and talent but royally messed it up.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:29:53 PM by Wods317 »

« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2016, 03:41:28 PM »
Rysheed actually had a decent shot based on his size and talent but royally messed it up.

So did Barkley and Cook.  If all these guys went to Puke they stay 4 years and final fours are achieved.  Instead they come here, leave way to early and contribute to our ever lasting sucktitude.

« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2016, 04:08:42 PM »
too bad he didn't want to make it here and work on the mental aspects of being a college bball player.  If he had that sort of focus/determination the kid could have been our kris dunn next year

« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2016, 04:17:59 PM »
Jordan couldn't adjust to Queens, no chance he makes it overseas.. Bigger and better players have come home crying to mama.

« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2016, 04:19:48 PM »
Yup.  He was hideous in that game, as well as the first Nova game.

I'll never forget the game his last season in the Garden tournament.  The one after Dom dunked on that big white Gophers head and 3'lo saved the out of bounds ball than hit a 4 point play.

I think Jordan had about 19 turnovers in that one.