Staff Evaluation

• 203 replies

Poison

Re: Staff Evaluation
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2016, 11:16:06 AM »
I stand corrected. Forgot all about those guys.

Marillac

« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2016, 02:46:06 PM »
6 or 7 more of those babies and I'll start to find the end of the hole  I dug for myself with the Durand Johnson all-league prediction.

When did you get out of the hole you dug that entire summer you spent raving about Malik Stith.

That was really more about being a leader as a less talented lone veteran with a winning pedigree  on a team of talented newbies. I think I deserve a pass on that since I couldn't possibly have known just how much of a blowhard and/or liar Lavin was that first summer and I believed him when he said he's never seen a player work harder than Stith in his career and the navy seal b.s..

I'll always be ready to reach on a less talented backup PG that has guts and will work his ass off. 96 was the year I became obsessed with the college game and I loved what the 5'9 less talented Corey Wright did for that team as a backup for and playing next to the exponentially more talented God ShamGod.

tnice

« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2016, 02:58:38 PM »
Thon, Alkins, and Fraudenberg are 5 star close to pro ready. With those level of prospects they are expected to come in right away with little to no learning curve unlike 3 stars and 4 stars, thus their rating! If they produce no matter our record expect 1 and done like Moe. And if all 3 or a combination of them come here the team has to be knocking on the doors to an NCAA berth and splitting with Nova or other top contenders to consider the season a success etc. Middling around 500 with that talent is not enough and much should be expected considering their pedigree. It would be different if they were 3 and 4 stars like the current bunch that need a few years to develop.

I don't think it's helpful to call out these high school kids as pro ready. Last summer, Cheik Diallo was Chris Webber, only better. Now, he's not good enough to earn more than 5 minutes a game in the Big 12. Hype doesn't help these kids. Let them come here, and let them do it quietly. If they turn out to be the rare overachieving recruit, then great, but until that time, let's not add to the pressure.

So hype doesn't help the kids, let them come here and do their thing, if they overachieve its rare, don't add to the pressure....but you "don't think an NCAA tournament bid is too much to ask considering the degree of understsanding that we've been asked to have regarding the complete rebuild this year. " Got it.

Foad

« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2016, 03:41:04 PM »
I couldn't possibly have known just how much of a blowhard and/or liar Lavin was that first summer

You had me at blowhard.