Nova Game

• 86 replies

Poison

Re: Nova Game
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2016, 02:19:00 PM »
Why was Ron and Johnson in til the end?

Because sadly, they were the only ones able to score the ball. The freshman should be out there, but in order to keep them out there they gotta stay out of foul trouble, and they're simply not able to do that.

I don't at this point anyone is happy with what Johnson and M'vouika have brought to the team, but they have 8 players. We can't bench them. There is no one else.

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2016, 02:30:27 PM »
I hope all of the recruits left at halftime.

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2016, 02:31:10 PM »
Just curious we on pace to have the worst season in school history or have there been worse ones? As I see it now we can easily be 0-13 going into DePaul which itself is not even a sure win at this point.

Wods317

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2016, 02:35:10 PM »
The amount of unforced turnover is what bothers me the most. I can deal with not shooting well and losing because we don't have the talent but if we just didn't hurt ourselves by throwing the ball away so much this is probably a 5 point game down the stretch. Only a couple times this year have I got really frustrated with the teams play because I know this team was thrown together but watching them toss the ball over each others heads is like something you see in cyo, can't happen.

paultzman

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2016, 02:48:53 PM »
The amount of unforced turnover is what bothers me the most. I can deal with not shooting well and losing because we don't have the talent but if we just didn't hurt ourselves by throwing the ball away so much this is probably a 5 point game down the stretch. Only a couple times this year have I got really frustrated with the teams play because I know this team was thrown together but watching them toss the ball over each others heads is like something you see in cyo, can't happen.

College ball is a guards game & we just don't have any, net of  Mussini, who at least can shoot. The absence of a penetrator & orchestrator kills us. LoVett, although a freshman, would have helped in that regard.

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2016, 03:33:12 PM »

Because sadly, they were the only ones able to score the ball. The freshman should be out there, but in order to keep them out there they gotta stay out of foul trouble, and they're simply not able to do that.

I don't at this point anyone is happy with what Johnson and M'vouika have brought to the team, but they have 8 players. We can't bench them. There is no one else.

I meant with 2 mins left

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2016, 03:50:37 PM »
I hate to criticize any college player but Balamou is beyond awful. Forget what Lavin did with red shirting or not. Kid just is not a big east player. I am happy he stuck it out and will get a ton of playing time his last year, but I can't wait till upper class men are gone.

Poison

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2016, 04:02:39 PM »
Just curious we on pace to have the worst season in school history or have there been worse ones? As I see it now we can easily be 0-13 going into DePaul which itself is not even a sure win at this point.

The worst BE season, yes. The worst overall, no. They won 6 games during the 2003-2004 season.

goredmen

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2016, 04:11:28 PM »

We will be underdogs in that game

TONYD3

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2016, 04:32:21 PM »
I hate to criticize any college player but Balamou is beyond awful. Forget what Lavin did with red shirting or not. Kid just is not a big east player. I am happy he stuck it out and will get a ton of playing time his last year, but I can't wait till upper class men are gone.
If he sucks, why did he did he earn a redshirt? 5th year scholarships are earned. You say he sucks and wish him gone. I agree. Not sticking up for Lavin and not abusing Felix . The kid got a scholarship. Played 4 years and should graduate. Nothing wrong was done to him. If he was better he would have played more.
We all don't have to think the same. But this theory that Felix was abused is crazy. Felix should be able to graduate for free. And he will get a chance to play professionally. Geno, Alpha, and Marco B. Are playing for pay somewhere.

TONYD3

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2016, 04:38:03 PM »

Billy garret, Darrick wood, and myck Henry >>>>> better then anyone we have

Moose

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2016, 04:40:56 PM »

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3147623/darrick-wood
Remember who broke the Slice news

TONYD3

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2016, 04:43:45 PM »
Not saying wood is good. He would still be our starting SG. Compared to Ellison, he is Kobe Bryant .
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 04:44:57 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2016, 04:44:02 PM »

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3147623/darrick-wood

He was a top 100 player at one point wasn't he? Wonder why he's having trouble scoring for a team with very few scoring options

Moose

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2016, 05:08:17 PM »
Not saying wood is good. He would still be our starting SG. Compared to Ellison, he is Kobe Bryant .

Compared to Ellison he's about 5 years older. Petty facts

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2016, 05:12:12 PM »

TONYD3

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2016, 05:15:01 PM »

He is the back up SG on the 9th place team and he is better then our starter . What is petty about that? I hope we beat DePaul. I think it is a bad matchup.

Moose

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2016, 05:17:40 PM »

He is the back up SG on the 9th place team and he is better then our starter . What is petty about that? I hope we beat DePaul. I think it is a bad matchup.

You are raving about a guy who is 4 to 5 years older than Ellison who averages 5, 3 and 2.
Ellison is averaging 7, 3 and 2

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2016, 05:26:21 PM »
If he sucks, why did he did he earn a redshirt? 5th year scholarships are earned. You say he sucks and wish him gone. I agree. Not sticking up for Lavin and not abusing Felix . The kid got a scholarship. Played 4 years and should graduate. Nothing wrong was done to him. If he was better he would have played more.
We all don't have to think the same. But this theory that Felix was abused is crazy. Felix should be able to graduate for free. And he will get a chance to play professionally. Geno, Alpha, and Marco B. Are playing for pay somewhere.

With all due respect Tony, I believe he got the fifth year at sju cause we needed bodies to fill a roster. Imo, he was exactly what was needed this year. A body and a upperclassmen.  I was as big a Lavin fan as his biggest supporters.  Been a fan of sju for 30 something years and came to sju to play a sport because it was a school I was a huge fan of.  My point is, the kid on any other roster would never play and shouldn't play. Regardless of earning a red shirt or not. To be honest imo, he was brought in to help recruiting to help the pipeline with the hs he came from.  At the time he came, I don't think it was a bad recruit. Kid just isn't a big east player.  If the kid plays professionally, I wish him the best of luck.

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2016, 05:56:27 PM »

With all due respect Tony, I believe he got the fifth year at sju cause we needed bodies to fill a roster. Imo, he was exactly what was needed this year. A body and a upperclassmen.  I was as big a Lavin fan as his biggest supporters.  Been a fan of sju for 30 something years and came to sju to play a sport because it was a school I was a huge fan of.  My point is, the kid on any other roster would never play and shouldn't play. Regardless of earning a red shirt or not. To be honest imo, he was brought in to help recruiting to help the pipeline with the hs he came from.  At the time he came, I don't think it was a bad recruit. Kid just isn't a big east player.  If the kid plays professionally, I wish him the best of luck.

This is his 4th year. Lavin cost him his redshirt year, he would've had one more if he didn't get screwed.