Nova Game

• 86 replies

Poison

Re: Nova Game
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2016, 09:14:24 PM »
The ballas are coming...just don't get too worked up over this year.

Agree here.  We take a huge step forward in talent next year.  Truly huge step.  We also retain all that is right on this team which are some very good freshmen in Yakwe, Sima, Mussini, Lovett and even Ellison who I think has upside.  Very happy to have two forwards back in Jones and Alibegovic who have made real strides this season.  They will add a lot of depth to our group of forwards.  Next year is when this team really starts to move forward with two loaded classes of freshmen and sophs...

You think Jones is returning?

« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2016, 11:05:24 PM »
I hate to criticize any college player but Balamou is beyond awful. Forget what Lavin did with red shirting or not. Kid just is not a big east player. I am happy he stuck it out and will get a ton of playing time his last year, but I can't wait till upper class men are gone.
If he sucks, why did he did he earn a redshirt? 5th year scholarships are earned. You say he sucks and wish him gone. I agree. Not sticking up for Lavin and not abusing Felix . The kid got a scholarship. Played 4 years and should graduate. Nothing wrong was done to him. If he was better he would have played more.
We all don't have to think the same. But this theory that Felix was abused is crazy. Felix should be able to graduate for free. And he will get a chance to play professionally. Geno, Alpha, and Marco B. Are playing for pay somewhere.

With all due respect Tony, I believe he got the fifth year at sju cause we needed bodies to fill a roster. Imo, he was exactly what was needed this year. A body and a upperclassmen.  I was as big a Lavin fan as his biggest supporters.  Been a fan of sju for 30 something years and came to sju to play a sport because it was a school I was a huge fan of.  My point is, the kid on any other roster would never play and shouldn't play. Regardless of earning a red shirt or not. To be honest imo, he was brought in to help recruiting to help the pipeline with the hs he came from.  At the time he came, I don't think it was a bad recruit. Kid just isn't a big east player.  If the kid plays professionally, I wish him the best of luck.
I don't think Felix got the coaching he needed. 

Why did Felix not get the coaching he needed if Jakarr, Mo, D'lo, Dom, Jordan, Phil and Chris got the coaching they needed?
Your comparing 4 star recruits to a 2 star recruit, who was probably recruited to help w the OSNA pipeline.

Wasn't Felix a 3 star recruit, and borderline top 100?
No. Unranked kid who popped for us seemingly out of nowhere

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2016, 11:30:25 PM »
I hate to criticize any college player but Balamou is beyond awful. Forget what Lavin did with red shirting or not. Kid just is not a big east player. I am happy he stuck it out and will get a ton of playing time his last year, but I can't wait till upper class men are gone.
If he sucks, why did he did he earn a redshirt? 5th year scholarships are earned. You say he sucks and wish him gone. I agree. Not sticking up for Lavin and not abusing Felix . The kid got a scholarship. Played 4 years and should graduate. Nothing wrong was done to him. If he was better he would have played more.
We all don't have to think the same. But this theory that Felix was abused is crazy. Felix should be able to graduate for free. And he will get a chance to play professionally. Geno, Alpha, and Marco B. Are playing for pay somewhere.

With all due respect Tony, I believe he got the fifth year at sju cause we needed bodies to fill a roster. Imo, he was exactly what was needed this year. A body and a upperclassmen.  I was as big a Lavin fan as his biggest supporters.  Been a fan of sju for 30 something years and came to sju to play a sport because it was a school I was a huge fan of.  My point is, the kid on any other roster would never play and shouldn't play. Regardless of earning a red shirt or not. To be honest imo, he was brought in to help recruiting to help the pipeline with the hs he came from.  At the time he came, I don't think it was a bad recruit. Kid just isn't a big east player.  If the kid plays professionally, I wish him the best of luck.

Why did Felix not get the coaching he needed if Jakarr, Mo, D'lo, Dom, Jordan, Phil and Chris got the coaching they needed?
Your comparing 4 star recruits to a 2 star recruit, who was probably recruited to help w the OSNA pipeline.

I apologize as what I know about these players prior to their arrival here could fill a thimble.

My point, and I think it's valid, is that many players played well, improved, and thrived under the previous pariah staff.  Some to Nba level.

If you don't think that Balawho is a good player.  Perhaps it's his own fault.

Poison

« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2016, 12:13:52 AM »

I apologize as what I know about these players prior to their arrival here could fill a thimble.

My point, and I think it's valid, is that many players played well, improved, and thrived under the previous pariah staff.  Some to Nba level.

If you don't think that Balawho is a good player.  Perhaps it's his own fault.

I can't swear that he was a 3 star according to everyone but there were some on this board that thought he was a good recruit, and he might have been. I think it's unreasonable to blame his lack of success on anyone but himself. He isn't good at anything, and that's somehow someone else's fault?

« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2016, 07:08:21 AM »
I don't know what star rating Felix was but do recall reading he lead OSNA in scoring, at least at some point in the year he signed. If anything, Lavin took a chance and/or thought it would help land Obekpa too.

Lastly, if his presence on the roster also helped Yakwe make the decision to come here then I can live with a few more games with him on the floor.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:12:29 AM by RedStormNC »

MCNPA

« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2016, 07:12:55 AM »

Agree here.  We take a huge step forward in talent next year.  Truly huge step.  We also retain all that is right on this team which are some very good freshmen in Yakwe, Sima, Mussini, Lovett and even Ellison who I think has upside.  Very happy to have two forwards back in Jones and Alibegovic who have made real strides this season.  They will add a lot of depth to our group of forwards.  Next year is when this team really starts to move forward with two loaded classes of freshmen and sophs...

I think he might.  He will still get time here as we still will have a lot of young players.  The guy that might not I'd guess would be Darien Williams, as with his injuries he'd have a hard time playing into any lineup.

Wods317

« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2016, 09:16:06 AM »

I think he might.  He will still get time here as we still will have a lot of young players.  The guy that might not I'd guess would be Darien Williams, as with his injuries he'd have a hard time playing into any lineup.

Jones isn't great but in our last two games hes been one of if not our most effective player. I think he can be valuable off the bench next year playing 10-15 minutes if needed. He actually has gotten tougher on the boards and has a decent offensive game. He has become a useful player and I would like to see him stick around because he would be one of he very few upperclassman.