Remaining Needs for Remaining Scholarship(s)?

• 92 replies
Re: Remaining Needs for Remaining Scholarship(s)?
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 10:42:35 AM »
he's got some size, can get hot from three.  he'd be an upgrade on mvouika and could play a similar role

Poison

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 11:27:28 AM »
he's got some size, can get hot from three.  he'd be an upgrade on mvouika and could play a similar role

He's a good player. I'm baffled by the fact that he had such a strong BE tourney, and then up and left the program. Why?

Foad

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 11:33:18 AM »

He's a good player. I'm baffled by the fact that he had such a strong BE tourney, and then up and left the program. Why?

Rocky Mountain High.

hnk

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 12:05:17 PM »
Anyone know of any JUCO rebounding machines?

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2016, 12:37:26 PM »
I am fine with letting jones go.

I'm sure we're not going to throw out like bath water a fifth year senior who's been a double digit scorer in 9 games and counting this season.

TONYD3

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 12:50:35 PM »

I'm sure we're not going to throw out like bath water a fifth year senior who's been a double digit scorer in 9 games and counting this season.

If he is the best option for the 5th year. Certainly bring him back. If not wish him luck. If we won any of those games this wouldn't be a conversation.

Poison

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2016, 02:26:13 PM »

That's a fair point. He has shown some improvement, and there is probably somewhere, probably hidden deep down, a desire to make a name for himself here after sitting on the bench and watching for 3 years. This season was like his freshman season at St.John's. He needs game experience.

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 05:23:30 PM »
As far as Fortune goes, the old Big East charter said that "No player that has signed an LOI with a Big East member can accept a scholarship from another member. No exceptions".  I'm fairly certain the new charter says pretty much the same.  There's no reason to believe otherwise.

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2016, 05:49:15 PM »
CJ would be nice depth next year.

C Sima
F Yakwe
F Ahmed
SG Ponds
PG Lovett

Front court depth: CJ, Amer, Freudenberg, Williams?
Back court depth; Mussini.

Who am I missing?

hnk

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2016, 05:53:49 PM »
Owens, JUCO rebounder, back up point guard, Ellison
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:54:49 PM by hnk »

Poison

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 06:14:21 PM »

C Sima
F Yakwe
F Ahmed
SG Ponds
PG Lovett

Who am I missing?

Likely that's the starting line up, but I don't know that we can count Owens out of the starting line up. Definitely not the rotation. He's more polished than Sima and Yakwe.

Wods317

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 06:31:59 PM »

C Sima
F Yakwe
F Ahmed
SG Ponds
PG Lovett

Who am I missing?

Likely that's the starting line up, but I don't know that we can count Owens out of the starting line up. Definitely not the rotation. He's more polished than Sima and Yakwe.

Just curious why you think Owens is more polished. He's played way less college minutes then Sima or Yakwe and by all accounts he is very raw. Ellison also will get minutes next year. He is the type of four year guy that good programs build around. By the time he is a upper classmen I think he will be very valuable
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:32:49 PM by Wods317 »

Moose

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2016, 06:34:21 PM »
As far as Fortune goes, the old Big East charter said that "No player that has signed an LOI with a Big East member can accept a scholarship from another member. No exceptions".  I'm fairly certain the new charter says pretty much the same.  There's no reason to believe otherwise.

The old BE charters were written way before 5th transfers became a thing.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 06:39:08 PM »
Owens, JUCO rebounder, back up point guard, Ellison
[/quote

Sorry, end of the day and can't think straight

Poison

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 06:57:06 PM »

C Sima
F Yakwe
F Ahmed
SG Ponds
PG Lovett

Who am I missing?

Just curious why you think Owens is more polished. He's played way less college minutes then Sima or Yakwe and by all accounts he is very raw. Ellison also will get minutes next year. He is the type of four year guy that good programs build around. By the time he is a upper classmen I think he will be very valuable

He plays much faster than they do. He can move the ball faster, rebound better and he's more skilled overall. He can put it on the floor. I think he will surprise some people next season.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 07:05:40 PM by Poison »

TONYD3

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 07:16:22 PM »
Never saw Owens play. Also never saw a player that skinny.

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2016, 07:47:40 PM »

The schools don't want their former players competing against them in conference games. What would fifth year have to do with that?

Moose

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2016, 11:05:16 PM »

The schools don't want their former players competing against them in conference games. What would fifth year have to do with that?

Well aware. But Not sure schools have much choice. Kid graduates in four years and has eligibility remaining. He is already once removed from conference. But I don't know for certain just pointing out this newfound trend
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2016, 07:57:21 AM »

Well aware. But Not sure schools have much choice. Kid graduates in four years and has eligibility remaining. He is already once removed from conference. But I don't know for certain just pointing out this newfound trend
I thought inter conference transfers were possible provided the kid sit out two years (versus the ncaa required one year). It effectively removes the option to transfer to another BE school because no one would lose two years and a year of eligibility. This situation actually might work.

paultzman

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2016, 08:36:36 AM »
Re: Fortune, has there been something recently indicating he would leave Boulder? This is from December;

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt-josh-fortune-1218-20151218-story.html

And more recently;

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_29482833/josh-fortune-wesley-gordon-return
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 08:40:14 AM by paultzman »