Max Hooper

• 25 replies
Re: Max Hooper
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2016, 09:50:37 PM »
I was a manager when he was here, always was the last one to leave the gym games and practices both. Not surprised he is finding success. Always worked hard. So happy for him.

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2016, 10:26:49 PM »
The biggest mistake Hooper made was transferring from Harvard because that would have looked a lot better on a job resume

He won't ever have to worry about struggling to find a job
oh I forgot. Rich father or something like that ?

Music industry tycoon
I met his dad in the pizza place, across the street, before a game. He was visiting Max from California.  He certainly wasn't shy about stating how successful he or his son were.  Definitely a good guy though.  He said he had his own company and it was very successful.  Talked about how Max was majoring in Psychology because he wanted to go into coaching.  Also said he would graduate with a masters degree, which he is in fact finishing up right now.  Seems to me he'd make a good coach.

Moose

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 10:38:15 PM »
The biggest mistake Hooper made was transferring from Harvard because that would have looked a lot better on a job resume

He won't ever have to worry about struggling to find a job
oh I forgot. Rich father or something like that ?

Music industry tycoon
I met his dad in the pizza place, across the street, before a game. He was visiting Max from California.  He certainly wasn't shy about stating how successful he or his son were.  Definitely a good guy though.  He said he had his own company and it was very successful.  Talked about how Max was majoring in Psychology because he wanted to go into coaching.  Also said he would graduate with a masters degree, which he is in fact finishing up right now.  Seems to me he'd make a good coach.

Agreed regarding his Dad.  He was at quite a few games.  Good guy.  Just like his son.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2016, 11:22:16 PM »
His inbound play at Alumni cost us an Ncaa tournament bid that year.  Minus this one play - Hollywood goes an astounding 3 for 5 and we don't have a living legend coach that sits on the scorer's table.

So there's that.
And what genius of a coach put him in that position when he wasn't running multiple pick plays for him? And where was the triangle to inbound the ball?

Rhetorical questions, right?  I was at alumni that evening thinking similiar.

No one has ever questioned my unflappable objectivity and keen, unbiased observational  aptitude when it comes to Johnny basketball.

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2016, 11:33:12 PM »
'Our former head coach could have also figured out how to make the tournament...Don't think that should have been too much to ask.'

We Are...St. John's!  Making the tournament is almost ALWAYS too much to ask. 

Hadn't made it since 2002 when Hollywood's squad did the seemingly impossible and danced in 2011.  His teams tourney qualified 40% of the time and he was a Gene Keady hair away ( read above about the tragic Hooper play) from making the Ncaa's what would have been an astounding 3 or even 4 out of five years.

All of us Johnny fans owe a debt of gratitude to SL.

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2016, 11:28:58 PM »
Killing it right now during big second half comeback in the esteemed vegas 16 championship game. Finish with a win max.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.