« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2016, 02:25:11 PM »
Let the kids decide the game man

Re: Seton Hall Game
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2016, 02:28:12 PM »

What happened?  Was following online at work

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2016, 02:34:01 PM »
You could tell how inexperienced St. Jon's was in the last minutes. 21 Turnovers and less than 50% from the line is not a winning formula. Team has improved solely on effort defensively. Still a long way to go for these young guys. The bright side is they will learn from the loss and it will help them in the next few years, when the games will carry more weight.

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2016, 02:41:58 PM »

What happened?  Was following online at work
Durand hit the first and missed the 2nd so we were up 1.  Scrum for the ball and the ref called a reach in foul on Ron.  Could / should have been called a jump ball.  Instead Whitehead hits 2 with 5 left and we fail to execute.

TONYD3

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2016, 02:47:48 PM »
That was a bull shit call. Calling in a foul in that situation the referee has to be certain . Should have been a jump .

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2016, 02:48:54 PM »
3 timeouts, Ellison trapped right in front of St. John's bench, how does Mullin not call TO?

Freshman woes extend to coach too.

Questionable lineup down the stretch. How does Mussini and Johnson sit while Christian Jones is bringing up the ball?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2016, 02:51:00 PM »
Was listening in the car.  Mitch, on the post game radio interview, a bit unhappy with foul call on Yakwe. Said it was an anticipation call by the ref.  I, myself, was a bit puzzled with a reach in call on Ron, in a scrum no less, with five seconds to go.  Never heard of that before. Since I didn't see it, maybe someone could elaborate on the calls.  Also, why would Ellison foul IW 35 ft from the hoop in that situation.

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2016, 02:52:52 PM »
3 timeouts, Ellison trapped right in front of St. John's bench, how does Mullin not call TO?

Questionable lineup down the stretch. How does Mussini and Johnson sit while Christian Jones is bringing up the ball?
Mullin can't call a TO in that situation.  Its on the players to call. 

I do agree about the line ups down the stretch was....very questionable!!

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2016, 02:53:31 PM »

Coaches arent allowed to call timeouts during live ball plays. Mullin was screaming for one right when ellison caught it and ellison never said it, forcing the TO.

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2016, 02:57:00 PM »
Was listening in the car.  Mitch, on the post game radio interview, a bit unhappy with foul call on Yakwe. Said it was an anticipation call by the ref.  I, myself, was a bit puzzled with a reach in call on Ron, in a scrum no less, with five seconds to go.  Never heard of that before. Since I didn't see it, maybe someone could elaborate on the calls.  Also, why would Ellison foul IW 35 ft from the hoop in that situation.

There was a play were Sima and Yakwe went for a block, Sima got the shooter with the body a little but Yakwe basically took the ball out of the hall guys hand he was up so high.  The ref called the foul on Yakwe and he clearly didnt do anything.  Sima could have been called but the ref didnt call that. 

We were making Whitehead go left all game.  Ellison was trying to force left and got called for a stupid foul.  Last year thats a play on.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 02:57:57 PM by upstate32 »

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2016, 02:57:35 PM »
Call against Ellison was BS too. He tried to get in Whitehead's path, going sideways at the 3 pt line, but there was little if any contact.  Whitehead didn't lose the ball and the play could have just continued.

At this point, one has to really question whether a few of these refs have it in for us. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 02:58:56 PM by simplyred »

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2016, 02:59:23 PM »

Coaches arent allowed to call timeouts during live ball plays. Mullin was screaming for one right when ellison caught it and ellison never said it, forcing the TO.
Maybe he should have screamed "call timeout Malik". Just sayin.  Hope this does not scar Malik going forward.  He really fell apart down the stretch.

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2016, 03:05:14 PM »
We was robbed
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 03:06:37 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2016, 03:07:39 PM »
At Tracks in Penn station waiting for train, just saw highlights. Was there pushing from Ellison and Gordon after game?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 03:09:53 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2016, 03:09:07 PM »
BE wants to see SHU make the tournament; a bad loss would have jeopardized that. Don't think that the refs don't know that.

desco80

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2016, 03:12:42 PM »
At Tracks in Penn station waiting for train, just saw highlights. Was there pushing froem Ellison and Gordon after game?

Looked like it started with Whitehead and D Johnson on the handshake line. 
But Gordon Ellison and Balamou (among others) were involved in a scuffle at mid court.   Lot of jostling after the buzzer.  Hard to say who initiated what.

Balamou looked the most heated.  Something must have really offended him. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 03:13:30 PM by desco80 »

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2016, 03:14:18 PM »
yelley
‏@yelbeeez
@nation_st @bballtalk923 based on replay looked like whitehead said something to Johnson in handshake line. Johnson then went off. #sjubb

TONYD3

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2016, 03:17:06 PM »
Call against Ellison was BS too. He tried to get in Whitehead's path, going sideways at the 3 pt line, but there was little if any contact.  Whitehead didn't lose the ball and the play could have just continued.

At this point, one has to really question whether a few of these refs have it in for us. 
Sadly I agree.

Foad

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2016, 03:21:54 PM »

If even you think the refs have it in for them, imagine how the rest of us feel.

Foad

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2016, 03:24:40 PM »

I'm a pretty good write, I'll try. Imagine being bent over for a prostate exam. Now, imagine that instead of his finger the doctor uses his fist. It was like that, except in a prostate exam the doctor greases his finger first.