Creighton Predictions

• 88 replies

isham

Re: Creighton Predictions
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2016, 04:19:54 PM »
Blame our empty suit President who blew the whole thing up.

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2016, 04:34:03 PM »
Mvouika smh

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2016, 04:37:46 PM »
Great call by Slice putting in Holifield on last possession of game down by 40.

Poison

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2016, 04:38:33 PM »
Embarrassing when Seton Hall fans are able to lay in to you and you have zero response...

I'm envious of SH..never thought that would happen.... 

We have more wins or members of coaching staff? One for each I think..

Seton Hall has one good season in 20 years. I wouldn't be envious.

Poison

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2016, 04:39:41 PM »
Mvouika smh

Him and the rest of these losers shouldn't even show up for senior night. They don't deserve it.

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2016, 04:49:05 PM »
Woof.

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2016, 05:12:50 PM »
It's been said before, let the other BE teams have their day/way this year, because in future years (like starting like next season) there will be payback when they face SJU.

Poison

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2016, 05:26:13 PM »
It's been said before, let the other BE teams have their day/way this year, because in future years (like starting like next season) there will be payback when they face SJU.

So, now it's ok to have high expectations for next year?

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2016, 05:51:08 PM »
With how their last decade has gone, any Seton Hall fan that talks smack to anyone should either be ignored or put in an asylum for being delusional.  They are having a nice year - good for them. But their fans aren't in a position to talk crap to anyone.

Embarrassing when Seton Hall fans are able to lay in to you and you have zero response...

I'm envious of SH..never thought that would happen.... 

We have more wins or members of coaching staff? One for each I think..

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2016, 05:52:31 PM »
Yea that's who we will blame. Not your boy who thought it was more important to eat at Rao's and post on Instagram than recruit quality kids who would be players when they are seniors and juniors.

Poison

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2016, 05:55:13 PM »
Yea that's who we will blame. Not your boy who thought it was more important to eat at Rao's and post on Instagram than recruit quality kids who would be players when they are seniors and juniors.

Blaming the wrong president. Only one president was a criminal.

TONYD3

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2016, 06:37:36 PM »
Also blame the fans who led the charge. Plus the sheep who believe everything they read on message boards and contributed . This shit never had to happen.

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2016, 06:46:28 PM »
This is a problem. Head Coach Chris Mullin does not hold players accountable for lack of defense and lack of effort. Second to last game of the year and we give up 100 points? There has been 0, zero, improvement on defense. Blocking a lot of shots is not defense. Blocking a lot of shots means the first and second lines of defense are getting blown past and the opposing team is penetrating to the rim.

Defense is effort, attitude and coaching. This team shows none of that. Head Coach Chris Mullin is 100% responsible. And next year? How are this year's freshmen going to improve and how are next year's freshmen going to learn if there is no teaching or accountability.

Forget Fred Hoiberg, we might have the next Clyde Drexler.

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2016, 06:47:21 PM »
Also blame the fans who led the charge. Plus the sheep who believe everything they read on message boards and contributed . This shit never had to happen.

I would rather have the worst season in history and a chance at return to some level of prominence than holding station and capping at 24-26 wins every 3 seasons or so.

paultzman

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2016, 07:16:40 PM »
Roster deficits or not, the defense is embarrassingly atrocious.

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2016, 07:18:14 PM »
trying to look at the bright side....three of our most consistent liabilities on defense are gone (DJ, Mvouika & Felix)

Question: when MUllin was being restrained, was he talking to the ref or one of Creighton's players ?

« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 07:19:44 PM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2016, 07:33:06 PM »
With how their last decade has gone, any Seton Hall fan that talks smack to anyone should either be ignored or put in an asylum for being delusional.  They are having a nice year - good for them. But their fans aren't in a position to talk crap to anyone.

Agree here.  Heck!  You even have a handful of St. John's fools fans propping up Seton Hall (basically, doing it to pat themselves on the back).  Until it seems it'll be sustainable, then whoop-de-doo about their good season.  Maybe, they were finally due.   

Yea that's who we will blame. Not your boy who thought it was more important to eat at Rao's and post on Instagram

Of course, there is some blame towards Lavin, but some of this stuff is extremely overplayed.  He doesn't have anything to do with the type of defense we're seeing. 

I'm all for giving Mullin time, similarly as I've done for the coaches prior to him.  But the defense has been abominable.  Wide open looks is a constant and easy forays to the basket has been a centerpiece for this defense.  The latter one is particularly frustrating.

I mentioned earlier in the year the staff needs to do something with this defense, but nothing has changed.  Hopefully, we see better returns on that side of the ball a season from now.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 07:38:31 PM by mjdinkins »

paultzman

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2016, 07:42:18 PM »

Agree here. 

Yea that's who we will blame. Not your boy who thought it was more important to eat at Rao's and post on Instagram

Of course, there is some blame towards Lavin, but some of this stuff is extremely overplayed.  He doesn't have anything to do with the type of defense we're seeing. 

I'm all for giving Mullin time, similarly as I've done for the coaches prior to him.  But the defense has been abominable.  Wide open looks is a constant and easy forays to the basket has been a centerpiece for this defense.  The latter one is particularly frustrating.

I mentioned earlier in the year the staff needs to do something with this defense, but nothing has changed.  Hopefully, we see better returns on that side of the ball a season from now.

Spot on Dink! Some folks get giddy about our blocks. To me it is a good piece to have, but can be fools gold. When guys blow by perimeter defenders & we overly depend on help blocks, the problem remains. Staff has their work cut out for them getting better results with on ball defense & of course our infamous deficiency, closing out on there point shooters. Hopefully this is all part of the "process" as the theme goes.

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2016, 07:46:52 PM »

Agree here. 

Spot on Dink! Some folks get giddy about our blocks. To me it is a good piece to have, but can be fools gold. When guys blow by perimeter defenders & we overly depend on help blocks, the problem remains. Staff has their work cut out for them getting better results with on ball defense & of course our infamous deficiency, closing out on there point shooters. Hopefully this is all part of the "process" as the theme goes.

+1 

They also need to find a way to teach a solid, zone defense.  They're gonna need to be a bit more flexible, based on personnel.

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2016, 07:49:29 PM »
Roster deficits or not, the defense is embarrassingly atrocious.

An understatement to say the least...our guys treat defense like a necessary evil in the way of getting down court to hoist some low % shots...very passive & CYO-like