Big East Tournament

• 186 replies

johnniesfilmmaker

• Aspiring filmmaker
    • Through the Viewfinder
Big East Tournament
« on: March 03, 2016, 10:30:41 AM »
No way we win the Big East or even make a real run at anything. But we're fans so we root for it anyway. And there is a path that favors our chances that is well within reach.

If we draw Marquette and beat them we play Xavier. We haven't played that poorly against Xavier losing by 7 to them I believe on the road. Then there's a chance we play either Seton Hall or Creighton. If we draw Seton Hall, we have a chance, Creighton could be interesting with how much they slaughtered us by. This is all a fantasy within a dream sequence but let me enjoy it.

My question is, let's say we shock Providence (or even if we don't) if Marquette beats Butler and Xavier beats Creighton. It puts Creighton, Butler, and Marquette in a 3 way tie. Who would be the 7 seed in that scenario?

Re: Big East Tournament
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 11:36:15 AM »
No way we win the Big East or even make a real run at anything. But we're fans so we root for it anyway. And there is a path that favors our chances that is well within reach.

If we draw Marquette and beat them we play Xavier. We haven't played that poorly against Xavier losing by 7 to them I believe on the road. Then there's a chance we play either Seton Hall or Creighton. If we draw Seton Hall, we have a chance, Creighton could be interesting with how much they slaughtered us by. This is all a fantasy within a dream sequence but let me enjoy it.

My question is, let's say we shock Providence (or even if we don't) if Marquette beats Butler and Xavier beats Creighton. It puts Creighton, Butler, and Marquette in a 3 way tie. Who would be the 7 seed in that scenario?

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 11:45:33 AM »

Those three teams would be considered a mini-conference, and there cumulative records against the other two schools is first tiebraker.  I don't have the time to check who wins that.

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 11:51:42 AM »

johnniesfilmmaker

• Aspiring filmmaker
    • Through the Viewfinder
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 01:42:48 PM »

Those three teams would be considered a mini-conference, and there cumulative records against the other two schools is first tiebraker.  I don't have the time to check who wins that.

Thank you

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 05:12:37 PM »
I don't know which made me laugh harder, the Jarvis pic or Mora.

wpc77

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 05:27:38 PM »
Hahaha.  The Jarvis picture in response to that post is pure gold

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 05:31:56 PM »

This is quite possibly the greatest picture that has ever been posted in this message board.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 06:45:09 PM »
Marquette

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 10:44:33 PM »
Listen, all I'm saying is if we make it to the semi finals we aint losing the tournament.

TONYD3

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 08:09:58 AM »
Listen, all I'm saying is if we make it to the semi finals we aint losing the tournament.
We have had teams not qualify for the big east with a better shot to make the semi finals.

Foad

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 08:31:08 AM »
Just think, if it weren't for the way Norm Roberts developed his last senior class many young Saint John's fans would not have ever experienced the thrill of a BE tournament win. Thanks Norm.

Poison

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 09:02:27 AM »
Just think, if it weren't for the way Norm Roberts developed his last senior class many young Saint John's fans would not have ever experienced the thrill of a BE tournament win. Thanks Norm.

We owe him so much. What a wonderful person he is.

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 09:10:22 AM »
That was a fun game. I wasn't that far from the ball brownlee threw up in the stands.

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 10:22:27 AM »

If it weren't for Jim Burr and Tim Higgins deciding to not do their jobs in the final few seconds of regulation we may not have had that thrill either.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 12:10:12 PM »

If it weren't for Jim Burr and Tim Higgins deciding to not do their jobs in the final few seconds of regulation we may not have had that thrill either.
But, we would have had a healthy DJ for the NCAA tournament.  We probably would have been knocked down to a 7 seed, but maybe would have gotten a more favorable matchup then Gonzaga (without DJ, they killed us on the boards).

« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:10:52 PM by sju61982 »

TONYD3

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2016, 05:48:46 PM »
As much fun as it was beating Rutgers. It was awful when DJ got hurt. I as so excited . Ran from the subway. I snuck down to like 5 rows behind the Syracuse bench. It was an electric atmosphere. I wanted to beat gonzaga. But I would have fathered beat Syracuse that day.

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 02:33:05 PM »
Vs Marquette. Ellenson has a bum ankle

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 08:33:39 PM »
Notice Raftery is already in Indy doing the Big 10 Tourney for the Big 10 Network.  He usually works it just for CBS on the weekend. but now he is actually working for the Big 10 Network tonight.

Evidently the CBS/Big 10 has rights on Raft over the Big East.

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 10:28:07 PM »
Evidently Lavin said Seton Hall was too immature to beat Creighton, and SH used it as bulletin board material.  Afterward, Willard sent him  Luther Wright jersey.  (Wright ended up in an asylum. Subtle message).  So Lavin said something about Willard tonight but I missed it.  Stoner had to say, "only kidding" for him.  But I missed what it was.  Did anyone catch it?