Providence Predictions

• 107 replies

Pete88

Re: Providence Predictions
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2016, 01:26:20 PM »
Amar lost out there
Hope he really gets lost
Bad team from start, but any notion they got better as season progressed is nonsense. Pathetic defense. Staff has to take a hit there.

You can make the argument that the team has regressed (i know, that is an almost impossible possibility)... Hard to point to any one player outside of YK and see improvement from beginning of season.  Love the staff but man...

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2016, 01:31:21 PM »
If you guys are on the ledge year 1,  I can't wait to read this page next year.  I can't see great improvement year 2 in the standings. Year 3 is our splash

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2016, 01:42:24 PM »
Has never nervous Pervis been to a game?

boo3

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2016, 01:52:06 PM »
Matt A only guy on staff that earned his paycheck this year..

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2016, 02:03:14 PM »

How do you figure?

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2016, 02:03:51 PM »
How does Durand get a foul called on him boxing out?

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2016, 02:04:18 PM »
As well, god bless Zendon for doing whatever he does for free, even if not good.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 02:07:42 PM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2016, 02:05:08 PM »
Ellison lack of effort on d

boo3

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2016, 02:14:13 PM »

How do you figure?

He's done his job.. Recruited his ass off. Been lead guy on majority of commits I believe..

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2016, 02:17:58 PM »

How do you figure?

He's done his job.. Recruited his ass off. Been lead guy on majority of commits I believe..

Agreed. Prooved his worth as expected. As has St. Jean I would assume.  I can't say the whole staff hasn't worked hard. Year 1, we take our lumps, it will pay off

Pete88

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2016, 02:19:49 PM »
Poor Mussini just so overwhelmed, honestly feel bad watching him out there and getting manhandled every which way imaginable. 

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2016, 02:21:51 PM »
Poor Mussini just so overwhelmed, honestly feel bad watching him out there and getting manhandled every which way imaginable. 

What makes him any different from the rest?

goredmen

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2016, 02:23:53 PM »
Bad team from start, but any notion they got better as season progressed is nonsense. Pathetic defense. Staff has to take a hit there.

I somewhat disagree. There have been discouraging blowouts but the team has been competitive in some games as well (Xavier x2, Nova, SHU), which with this roster is somewhat surprising.

We have definitely gotten better as the season had progressed, the problem is other teams have gotten better too.

There are only 4 guys on this current roster that will be getting playing time in the future. Yakwe has definitely shown improvement, Sima got hurt and never seemed to be 100% after that, Mussini seems to have regressed but I'd like to see him play off the ball with better playmakers on the floor to get him the ball before a final verdict is reached, and I personally think Ellison has shown some improvement but he's still a freshman and will make dumb/lazy mistakes from time to time.

The others, Durand, MV, Felix, Amar, CJ haven't really improved individually throughout the course of the season, but none of those guys will be key contributors moving forward so I'm not losing sleep over that.

To say we haven't improved overall is an overreaction to getting beat the way we were supposed to get beat by teams like Providence. If we played Incarnate Word at CA tomorrow it would be a much different result than what happened when we played them in December

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2016, 02:25:19 PM »
Nice dunk from Durand and Felix on senior day

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2016, 02:26:44 PM »

I somewhat disagree. There have been discouraging blowouts but the team has been competitive in some games as well (Xavier x2, Nova, SHU), which with this roster is somewhat surprising.

We have definitely gotten better as the season had progressed, the problem is other teams have gotten better too.

There are only 4 guys on this current roster that will be getting playing time in the future. Yakwe has definitely shown improvement, Sima got hurt and never seemed to be 100% after that, Mussini seems to have regressed but I'd like to see him play off the ball with better playmakers on the floor to get him the ball before a final verdict is reached, and I personally think Ellison has shown some improvement but he's still a freshman and will make dumb/lazy mistakes from time to time.

The others, Durand, MV, Felix, Amar, CJ haven't really improved individually throughout the course of the season, but none of those guys will be key contributors moving forward so I'm not losing sleep over that.

To say we haven't improved overall is an overreaction to getting beat the way we were supposed to get beat by teams like Providence. If we played Incarnate Word at CA tomorrow it would be a much different result than what happened when we played them in December

Great post gr

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2016, 02:33:36 PM »

You're kidding, right.  Incarnate Word would wipe the floor with us.  I can't see any improvement...no "D"...free throws are embarrassing...turnovers...dumb plays...how about that two on one fast break where Mussini pulled up with a three?  Sure, help is on the way.  I don't know if it's enough help to overcome this most pathetic of seasons ever.

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2016, 02:35:34 PM »

You're kidding, right.  Incarnate Word would wipe the floor with us.  I can't see any improvement...no "D"...free throws are embarrassing...turnovers...dumb plays...how about that two on one fast break where Mussini pulled up with a three?  Sure, help is on the way.  I don't know if it's enough help to overcome this most pathetic of seasons ever.

Besides Jesus Christ, what coach would have had a better season?

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2016, 02:42:14 PM »
Only watched a few minutes.   Repulsive.  Saw towards the end of first half when it looked like they were starting to put together a little run to end the half. Then they got a turnover and a two on one fastbreak.  What does Mussini do?  He pulls up for  a three, which he misses by a mile. And they have been doing this a lot this year.  Must be Chris' philosophy.  A dumb one.  You'd have to shoot close to 75% on three's for that to make any sense.

Aside from that they're not pressuring three point shooters.

It s always the teams that are either really good or really bad that have bulls eyes on their backs.  If teams think they should thump you then they do.  That s another danger in losing all those early games; teams try harder and they seem to shoot better when they are open.  Of course they shouldn't be open that much, which has a lot to do with it too.

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2016, 02:43:46 PM »
Still behind the staff and their future building this program.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 02:44:04 PM by WillieG »

paultzman

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2016, 02:49:04 PM »
Staff & kids must improve dramatically next season on defensive end, new players or not. Effort & execution defensively is horrible. Staff can't get a pass there, sorry.