Providence Predictions

• 107 replies
Re: Providence Predictions
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2016, 02:53:06 PM »
Staff & kids must improve dramatically next season on defensive end, new players or not. Effort & execution defensively is horrible. Staff can't get a pass there, sorry.

Staff nor players should get a pass on defensive effort.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2016, 03:03:57 PM »
There's no coaching to fix warn down players that are getting their face kicked in every game. This team needs to rest, reset, and reload for next year.

The big victories so far have been beating Cuse (two in a row, don't care it was a fluke either...) so far top recruiting class in the BE and top 25 overall, with room to get better.

Mullin learned a lot, will adjust, and have the players to run his system...They will also be Inexperienced like this year and struggle. If next year's team is not careful they will let their guard down and lose to teams like Incarnate Word.

Is a realistic goal making the NIT next year?

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:07:29 PM by nudginator59 »
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2016, 03:05:32 PM »
Does anybody have any word on this negatively impacting the recruits at game.  Anybody have any knowledge or insight on this.  Imagine it would be hard for it not to hurt real bad.  Maybe it could help?  More playing time maybe?

TONYD3

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2016, 03:09:37 PM »
There's no coaching to fix warn down players that are getting their face kicked in every game. This team needs to rest, reset, and reload for next year.

The big victories so far have been beating Cuse (two in a row, don't care it was a fluke either...) so far top recruiting class in the BE and top 25 overall, with room to get better.

Mullin learned a lot, will adjust, and have the players to run his system...They will also be Inexperienced like this year and struggle. If next year's team is not careful they will let their guard down and lose to teams like Incarnate Word.

[/quote
Enough of this. They were not worn down.

paultzman

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2016, 03:10:23 PM »

Would hope NIT attainable, but I wonder what Mullin's system is defensively? It is one thing to want to run & take first open shot as he has said, but I worry about his approach on the other end of the floor. Keeping the faith though.

Foad

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2016, 03:10:34 PM »
The others, Durand, MV, Felix, Amar, CJ haven't really improved individually throughout the course of the season,

Chris Jones hasn't improved?

paultzman

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2016, 03:13:41 PM »
Does anybody have any word on this negatively impacting the recruits at game.  Anybody have any knowledge or insight on this.  Imagine it would be hard for it not to hurt real bad.  Maybe it could help?  More playing time maybe?

Certainly not a positive, but PT rules & Lord knows they should see opportunities on that end. Staff also relates very well to coaches & players. That said, next year a better product must be in evidence.

paultzman

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2016, 03:14:31 PM »
The others, Durand, MV, Felix, Amar, CJ haven't really improved individually throughout the course of the season,

Yes he has

goredmen

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2016, 03:16:49 PM »

Sure I'll give you that one. But whether he has improved or not is really irrelevant. He's not an important piece. We shouldn't be counting on him to give us anything more than 5 fouls a game next year

Foad

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2016, 03:22:10 PM »
Sure I'll give you that one. But whether he has improved or not is really irrelevant. He's not an important piece. We shouldn't be counting on him to give us anything more than 5 fouls a game next year

If whether he improved is irrelevant why'd you bring it up? Anyway, I disagree. I think that having a 6' 8" 22 year old wing player who's capable of double doubling against an NCAA tournament team on a team full of players with one year of experience or less is a positive boon. I wish we had three more of him.

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2016, 03:23:13 PM »
Year 1

paultzman

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2016, 03:24:15 PM »

If whether he improved is irrelevant why'd you bring it up? Anyway, I disagree. I think that having a 6' 8" 22 year old wing player who's capable of double doubling against an NCAA tournament team on a team full of players with one year of experience or less is a positive boon. I wish we had three more of him.

Agree

goredmen

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2016, 03:26:26 PM »

Disagree. He's the tallest midget this year. He's not a good scorer. He's not a particularly good rebounder. He's not a particularly good defender. He doesn't pass well out of the post. If we are dependent on him being a main piece next year then we'll be 1-17 in conference again

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2016, 03:34:47 PM »
Amar to CW Post

TONYD3

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2016, 03:35:35 PM »
Christian jones played a good second half. He still doesn't defend, pass well, or rebound. He still is not a rotational player on a decent being east team.

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2016, 03:46:38 PM »
Jones over final 11 games of season

-22 minutes a game
-9.1 pts  55% fg  63% ft
-5 rbs
-1.4 stls
- 1 apg

9 pts and 5 rbs in 20 minutes shooting 55% is not the guy we tell to take a hike.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:56:10 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2016, 03:48:13 PM »

[/quote
Enough of this. They were not worn down.

You never studied too hard where you actually started to do worse with practice exams or projects, and realized you had to take a break from them?
Cougar O' Malley

Foad

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2016, 03:48:26 PM »

Disagree. He's the tallest midget this year. He's not a good scorer. He's not a particularly good rebounder. He's not a particularly good defender. He doesn't pass well out of the post. If we are dependent on him being a main piece next year then we'll be 1-17 in conference again

It's odd. We've gone from him not having improved, to him being nothing more than a warm body, to now to whether he's a main piece. It's almost you change the subject every post. All I said was that he improved, which he has, and that it'd be good to have him a round as an upperclassman, which it would.

Foad

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2016, 03:49:50 PM »
He still doesn't ... rebound

He was fortunate to have those 12 rebounds bounce into his hands randomly today then. What are the odds?

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2016, 03:49:54 PM »
Jones over final 11 games of season

-22 minutes a game
-9.1 pts  55% fg  63% ft
-5 rbs
-1.4 stls
- 1 apg

9 pts and 5 rbs in 20 minutes shooting 55% is not the guy we tell to take a hike.

Have no problem with Jones coming back next year.  I just don't see it happening