Providence Predictions

• 107 replies
Re: Providence Predictions
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2016, 03:56:23 PM »
For comparison sake Justin Brownlee averaged 5.4 pts and 3.7 rbs during BE play his junior year
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

goredmen

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2016, 04:04:02 PM »
Sure I'll give you that one. But whether he has improved or not is really irrelevant. He's not an important piece. We shouldn't be counting on him to give us anything more than 5 fouls a game next year

If whether he improved is irrelevant why'd you bring it up? Anyway, I disagree. I think that having a 6' 8" 22 year old wing player who's capable of double doubling against an NCAA tournament team on a team full of players with one year of experience or less is a positive boon. I wish we had three more of him.

Disagree. He's the tallest midget this year. He's not a good scorer. He's not a particularly good rebounder. He's not a particularly good defender. He doesn't pass well out of the post. If we are dependent on him being a main piece next year then we'll be 1-17 in conference again

It's odd. We've gone from him not having improved, to him being nothing more than a warm body, to now to whether he's a main piece. It's almost you change the subject every post. All I said was that he improved, which he has, and that it'd be good to have him a round as an upperclassman, which it would.

Yeah you're right. Not only do we need the average players with little upside from this year's horrendous team to contribute next year, we need 3 of each of them also. That makes sense.

Durand Johnson is our leading scorer. Boy, do I wish we had him plus two more of him back next year. Maybe with 3 Durands and 3 CJ's we could actually go 0-18
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 04:04:58 PM by goredmen »

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2016, 04:12:05 PM »
Sure I'll give you that one. But whether he has improved or not is really irrelevant. He's not an important piece. We shouldn't be counting on him to give us anything more than 5 fouls a game next year

If whether he improved is irrelevant why'd you bring it up? Anyway, I disagree. I think that having a 6' 8" 22 year old wing player who's capable of double doubling against an NCAA tournament team on a team full of players with one year of experience or less is a positive boon. I wish we had three more of him.

Disagree. He's the tallest midget this year. He's not a good scorer. He's not a particularly good rebounder. He's not a particularly good defender. He doesn't pass well out of the post. If we are dependent on him being a main piece next year then we'll be 1-17 in conference again

It's odd. We've gone from him not having improved, to him being nothing more than a warm body, to now to whether he's a main piece. It's almost you change the subject every post. All I said was that he improved, which he has, and that it'd be good to have him a round as an upperclassman, which it would.

Yeah you're right. Not only do we need the average players with little upside from this year's horrendous team to contribute next year, we need 3 of each of them also. That makes sense.

Durand Johnson is our leading scorer. Boy, do I wish we had him plus two more of him back next year. Maybe with 3 Durands and 3 CJ's we could actually go 0-18

Lol

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2016, 04:28:33 PM »
Jones over final 11 games of season

-22 minutes a game
-9.1 pts  55% fg  63% ft
-5 rbs
-1.4 stls
- 1 apg

9 pts and 5 rbs in 20 minutes shooting 55% is not the guy we tell to take a hike.

Have no problem with Jones coming back next year.  I just don't see it happening

Last year CJ couldn't get burn with us having only five players. If he was this good last year we could have made a run at things. I would love for him to come back for his senior year but with him graduating and being able to transfer he might have 30+ minutes a game waiting for him on a smaller team. Couldn't blame him if he left.

With that said another year as a season ticket holder has ended. I watched every game this year, never left a game early and while this team was garbage you can't say the future isn't bright. I feel bad for people who can't see it. I feel bad for people who can't see that even though we won 8 of 31 games that these kids have improved in areas. The improvements might not have mattered this year but they will going forward.

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2016, 04:30:07 PM »

Stop it you're making Durand jealous. Yes we have plenty of studs on an 8-23 team. Wish we could keep these guys forever.

Foad

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2016, 05:12:03 PM »
Providence thoughts: http://www.bigeastboards.com/

Foad

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2016, 05:15:27 PM »
Yeah you're right.

I know, I usually am.

Foad

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2016, 05:17:10 PM »
Last year CJ couldn't get burn with us having only five players. If he was this good last year we could have made a run at things.

If we had a coach last year perhaps he could have contributed. Sadly we did not.

Foad

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2016, 05:18:01 PM »
Stop it you're making Durand jealous. Yes we have plenty of studs on an 8-23 team. Wish we could keep these guys forever.

Yeah, I didn't say he was a stud. Other than that you make your usual salient points.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 05:38:29 PM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2016, 06:01:20 PM »
3 Things from this game
-Kris Dunn is WAY overrated
-Felix played his heart out today
-Ellison has shown improvement which pleasantly surprised me

After first BE tournament game, honeymoon period is officially over.  With that collection of players next year we need to be at NIT level at the very least.

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2016, 06:16:15 PM »
Staff & kids must improve dramatically next season on defensive end, new players or not. Effort & execution defensively is horrible. Staff can't get a pass there, sorry.

Staff nor players should get a pass on defensive effort.
totally agree

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2016, 06:17:59 PM »
3 Things from this game

After first BE tournament game, honeymoon period is officially over.  With that collection of players next year we need to be at NIT level at the very least.

I keep lowering my expectations so 13-15 wins I won't consider a bad season as long as we actually attempt to play defense

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2016, 06:36:20 PM »
3 Things from this game

I keep lowering my expectations so 13-15 wins I won't consider a bad season as long as we actually attempt to play defense

Agree with all except on Ellison.  Did he make his first layup of the season tonight?

Also Sima, who I am high on, has he gotten a rebound that hasn't fell into his lap?

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2016, 07:07:32 PM »
3 Things from this game

Agree with all except on Ellison.  Did he make his first layup of the season tonight?

Also Sima, who I am high on, has he gotten a rebound that hasn't fell into his lap?
Ellison I didn't think had a good day overall. Providence was much quicker.

Sima I give a pass on because to me at least he hasn't seemed the same since his injury which is understandable

Disappointing day today. Plus I was an idiot and took the points but overall just a crap game again

« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2016, 07:26:19 PM »
I cant wait for them to pay back these teams next year

I cant stand to hear lets go friars

I no they got beat bad and has nothing to do with outcome but why is ed cooley  its alright for him to be in the middle of court but chris gets warn if he does the same thing

Also they have to be worse sju foul shooting team of all time and the worse finishers going to the rim

paultzman

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2016, 07:28:22 PM »
I cant wait for them to pay back these teams next year

I cant stand to hear lets go friars

I no they got beat bad and has nothing to do with outcome but why is ed cooley  its alright for him to be in the middle of court but chris gets warn if he does the same thing

Also they have to be worse sju foul shooting team of all time and the worse finishers going to the rim

Before we get to revenge stage, perhaps we should get decent first. :)

Poison

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2016, 07:29:22 PM »
Honeymoon period is over. Time to move on. Zero returning starters. No job is safe, and no scholarship is safe. If you want to work to improve, you should be welcomed back, and if not, get out.

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2016, 07:30:33 PM »
Honeymoon period is over. Time to move on. Zero returning starters. No job is safe, and no scholarship is safe. If you want to work to improve, you should be welcomed back, and if not, get out.

Previous staffs had 1 year honeymoon?

Johnny23

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2016, 07:30:50 PM »
The only players from this year's team I see getting major minutes next year are Yakwe, Sima, Mussini and Jones. Ellison doesn't look the part of a BE player at this point and has a low bball IQ for the son of a college legend. Him and Alibegovic can transfer and neither loss will be felt.

This season was what I expected for the most part although I thought we'd have 4-5 wins in the BE.