3) Defensive schemes

4) Shooting

5) Big men footwork

6) Finishing at the rim

7) Lots of film

hnk

Re: Off season - summer priorities
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 09:20:52 AM »
Staff should set up a "voluntary" competition for who spends the most foul shooting  hours (minimum an hour or two a day) and/or hits the most foul shots during the summer....the winner gets pride or whatever they are allowed to get.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 09:26:44 AM »
Staff should set up a "voluntary" competition for who spends the most foul shooting  hours (minimum an hour or two a day) and/or hits the most foul shots during the summer....the winner gets pride or whatever they are allowed to get.

Ellison has a nice touch from there and the rest of the core for next year will be new outside of Sima and Yakwe. Need both those guys to flirt with 60 % next year

Poison

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 11:29:12 AM »
1) Weight room

2) Free throw shooting

3) Defensive schemes

4) Shooting

5) Big men footwork

6) Finishing at the rim

7) Lots of film

Sima, Yakwe and Alibegovic should be spending their summer at a big man basketball camp.

Mussini need to hit the gym 1st. He needs to get his entire body stronger, and he needs to practice his handle.

Ellison needs to be in actual games of some sort where he can work on playing the 3, and understanding what to do when he gets in the lane.

I am very curious to see what Mullin has in store for them this summer, if I haven't already mentioned that 1000 times.

MCNPA

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 02:46:59 PM »
#1 priority... Add talent.

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 09:27:14 PM »
Mussini: Ball handling, defensive footwork, weight room.
Ellison: Ditto as Mussini
Aliblegovic: Defensive footwork, post moves, weight room, improve the outside shot as he can be the stretch 4.
Sima: Weight room, post moves, free throw shooting.
Yakwe: Weight room, post moves, free throw shooting.
Lovett: I'm hoping he will be smart and can shoot.

Don't have any info or comments on Williams, Owens, and the incoming recruits.

cjfish

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 08:11:00 AM »
free throws, weight room, pizza

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 08:12:41 AM »
Layup drills

Johnny23

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 08:35:52 AM »
Free throws x 100, moving feet on D, and moving without the ball on O.

Poison

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 09:18:57 AM »
#1 priority... Add talent.

But the staff added so much talent last summer. You think we need even more?

Poison

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 09:20:01 AM »
Mussini: Ball handling, defensive footwork, weight room.
Ellison: Ditto as Mussini
Aliblegovic: Defensive footwork, post moves, weight room, improve the outside shot as he can be the stretch 4.
Sima: Weight room, post moves, free throw shooting.
Yakwe: Weight room, post moves, free throw shooting.
Lovett: I'm hoping he will be smart and can shoot.

Don't have any info or comments on Williams, Owens, and the incoming recruits.

If Williams isn't healthy, hopefully, he won't be part of the program. Owens can play. He's further along than the rest of the bigs because he's smarter than them.

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 07:50:27 PM »
Finally saw Williams again at the game on Saturday. His arm is in a sling still. Wonder if he had surgery or if his injury is just that bad. 

goredmen

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 08:01:35 PM »
Closing out should be one of the top priorities. I don't think I was alive the last time a SJU team knew how to close out on shooters

Poison

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 08:14:37 PM »
Closing out should be one of the top priorities. I don't think I was alive the last time a SJU team knew how to close out on shooters

Having M'vouika, Mussini, Ellison, Balamou and Johnson guarding shooters was the main defensive reason why we were so terrible. Mussini and Ellison either learn how to defend, or they can ride the pine.

goredmen

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 08:21:33 PM »

Having M'vouika, Mussini, Ellison, Balamou and Johnson guarding shooters was the main defensive reason why we were so terrible. Mussini and Ellison either learn how to defend, or they can ride the pine.

Agree. Thought we had turned the corner in this area in the Syracuse game as everybody was closing out and making it tough on their shooters but that, like that whole game, was just an aberration
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 08:21:50 PM by goredmen »

MCNPA

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 08:32:50 PM »

Agree. Thought we had turned the corner in this area in the Syracuse game as everybody was closing out and making it tough on their shooters but that, like that whole game, was just an aberration

Good game to have an aberration.  I hate Syracuse.  We sucked this year but won that one game which was still entirely satisfying...

Poison

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 08:41:15 PM »

Good game to have an aberration.  I hate Syracuse.  We sucked this year but won that one game which was still entirely satisfying...

Especially if they end up in the NIT

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 08:55:05 PM »

We would be the team that keeps them out as their game with us doesn't qualify as a bad loss it is a horrible loss.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:17:20 PM by Celtics11 »

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 09:12:24 PM »
If you offered me before the season 1 Big East W but beat Cuse before a packed house at the Garden, I would have taken that over 3 conference wins unless one of those were over Nova.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Poison

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 01:24:46 AM »
SU game was an important win, I mean they all are, but that University rubs our faces in it. At the end of the day, there's only one real way to get revenge, and that's to beat them. But a few Obekpa-like fouls are also pretty impactful as well.