Slice

• 512 replies
Re: Slice
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2016, 07:33:59 PM »
As long as no Mexican idiots muck up the process.

goredmen

« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2016, 07:53:29 PM »
Chris Sheridan tweeting that cal will be the coach and president of the nets

Just predicting, not reporting. Can't see Cal taking the Nets job. The Nets are quite possibly in the worst shape of any team in the four major sports right now

« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2016, 09:07:46 PM »
Chris Sheridan tweeting that cal will be the coach and president of the nets

Just predicting, not reporting. Can't see Cal taking the Nets job. The Nets are quite possibly in the worst shape of any team in the four major sports right now

Cleveland Browns.  Nets are bad but will have tons of cap space and exceptions this summer.  Cal likely has ideas on how to spend that, as would anybody.

« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2016, 12:22:41 AM »
We need to watch Ben Howland

Keep throwing out names. Bound to hit one eventually  ;D

« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2016, 06:12:53 AM »

Don't bite the hands that feed you , junior

« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2016, 07:56:35 AM »
Why would Cal be looking at Nick Richards and Naz Reid if he was leaving Kentucky

He has the best job in College Basketball why would he leave it for the nets

wpc77

« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2016, 08:18:31 AM »
Fwiw, I asked Pete vescey about the predcition/tweet, and he said it was nonsense

« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2016, 08:32:27 AM »

If you only brought anything to the table. Ever.  :2funny:

« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2016, 08:45:49 AM »

If you only brought anything to the table. Ever.  :2funny:

Snore

« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2016, 11:20:47 AM »

I wouldn't count on it  ;D ;D

johnniesfilmmaker

• Aspiring filmmaker
    • Through the Viewfinder
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2016, 12:52:27 PM »
Cal pretty much said he will never leave Kentucky now that his son is walking-on. He'll be there another 5 years taking him to about 62 and he said at that point why not sign one more big contract for 10 or so years taking him to close to 70 and then retiring.

He gets paid a ton of money and his recruiting pretty much does itself at this point. And now he gets to enjoy the ride with his son. Why would he ever leave that scenario for the Brooklyn Nets or any NBA job for that matter? Even if it were the Knicks or the Celtics or the Lakers? He'd get about the same money for triple the pressure and more responsibility. Cal could coach his ass off these next 5 years and then sit on his hands for the next 5 if he really wanted and not worry about getting fired until the 5th year.

As much as I would love to see Cal leave, it's never going to happen. And I doubt it would do anything of real significance to the college basketball world.

« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2016, 11:15:13 PM »
That UNLV job opening has some juice. Can see Slice walking away very easily. Still hearing no love lost between the recruiting assistants.

Can you elaborate, I thought they were all very close.

goredmen

« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2016, 12:30:02 AM »
That UNLV job opening has some juice. Can see Slice walking away very easily. Still hearing no love lost between the recruiting assistants.

Can you elaborate, I thought they were all very close.

Yeah lol Marvin Menzies is gonna wind up getting that job.  That job in that now terrible conference had some real juice.

Wods317

« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2016, 08:05:17 AM »
Slice hasn't landed that big fish yet but with his connections and reputation I would love to see him stick around because eventually he will get his man. He might be getting frustrated that all these 5 star players he think he is in good with have spurned him so far and that has got to be eating at him because he probably wasnt told no too many times at Kentucky. I think once we get a winning record and show we have pieces for the future Slice would do a great job getting us some big recruits. Hope that whatever is going on can be worked out because he is a nice weapon to have along with Matt A.

derk

« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2016, 10:49:25 AM »
Do you people understand how frigging difficult it is to land a competitive recruiting class after winning 1 conference game and having such a terrible record for the last 25 years. And having a rookie coach albeit HOF amer . Staff has done a tremendous job so far. Get ready it will take another 2 years to straighten out the last 25 years of incompetence.

« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2016, 11:01:13 AM »
No one can deny Slice has a lot of connections but don't forget he does not have Cal to close the deal with the recruit

The coach of USF Orlando Antigua was suppose to such a great recruiter in Kentucky how many top notch recruits has he sign without Cal

I just Slice to get some 4 star recruits like Matt is doing

« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2016, 01:29:12 PM »
Patience...he's trying to sell top notch recruits to a team with 1 win in conference. Team needs to show top flight recruits we can win first.  Ponds, Freudenberg, and Ahmed are a great start. We win next year and Slice will start hitting on the big time 5 star recruits. Keeping optimistic

« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2016, 02:34:15 PM »
like your optimistic view hope you are right

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2016, 04:29:44 PM »
Dedicated to the fans who are overly concern after one year...I'll follow Mullin and his staff to the end of he line.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqhdRs4jyA
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2016, 07:10:12 PM »
It's starting to sink in.  Message board fans are all insane!  (Except me, of course.)