Slice

• 512 replies
Re: Slice
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2016, 02:57:56 PM »
My brother spoke to a friend in Toronto who knows Thon Maker personally. Was told Thon has cut his list of 6 schools to 3: ASU, Notre Dame, and us. It may be a long shot, but maybe this is not over yet and Slice still has a chance to land a big fish. Thon is anxious to have this over and is said to be deciding soon.

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2016, 04:56:30 PM »
Clearly this message was not read correctly. I was talking about this year only. Matt A has brought in all recruits thus far and in-game coaching was clearly not a strength of ours. Hence the "I love slice and this whole staff". Only talking about one year. Said the opposite of wanting him to leave. Just didn't seem to fulfill his role for this first year. I am grateful he is here and hope he brings what he brought to kentucky.

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2016, 05:00:14 PM »
They cant be true why would he schedule an official to UNLV if he already eliminated them

Lets stick to recruits we have a chance to get maybe Slice can help with Freeks brother

I think a lot of Slice success came lately was that he had Cal who is the best finisher in college basketball helping him

Hopefully one day Chris can become a good finisher

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2016, 05:04:44 PM »
And in terms of bringing in these 5 star recruits he is known for bringing in, someone like thon maker would be huge for him and us. There is a ton of pressure on being at least competitive this year...the buzz of mullin being back in town will probably not survive longer if we flop again next year and then it would be even less likely he can attract 5 stars. Please do a better job of interpreting my posts...This was one questioning post (where i mentioned my love for slice and the staff) and I am incredibly optimistic about this program. Even if he doesn't bring in 5 stars he will be an asset to this program, just think that is what he is known for and i think with time he'll crush it for us.

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2016, 05:15:13 PM »
That UNLV job opening has some juice. Can see Slice walking away very easily. Still hearing no love lost between the recruiting assistants.

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2016, 05:16:38 PM »
They cant be true why would he schedule an official to UNLV if he already eliminated them

Free trip to Vegas for the Maker contingent.

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2016, 05:23:33 PM »
Talked to a lot of people and no one has heard that Rohrssen is unhappy and is prepared to leave.

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2016, 05:25:16 PM »
Talked to a lot of people and no one has heard that Rohrssen is unhappy and is prepared to leave.

Until something better comes along. Shortly

goredmen

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2016, 05:27:38 PM »

How is he going to get any halfway decent head coaching gig after he failed as a HC at Manhattan?

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2016, 05:32:10 PM »

How is he going to get any halfway decent head coaching gig after he failed as a HC at Manhattan?

Never said anything about head coaching

goredmen

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2016, 05:35:32 PM »

So whoever is going up against him for a particular recruit is just gonna use the play that he left Pitt, then UK then SJU after one year so how can you trust that he won't leave again before the kid's sophomore season

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2016, 05:38:31 PM »

So whoever is going up against him for a particular recruit is just gonna use the play that he left Pitt, then UK then SJU after one year so how can you trust that he won't leave again before the kid's sophomore season

The recruits he usually lands don't stay for their sophomore seasons

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2016, 05:49:16 PM »
I hope they have a good young recruiter ready to take his place

Who would take his place you cant survive with one recruiter

Also it would be nice for them to hire one of the young ex players and train them to become part of the program like Duke does even Seton Hall does it.

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2016, 05:58:52 PM »
Whats up with Lavin and the USF and UNLV jobs?  I hope Slice doesn't join forces with Lavin.  I know they were friends at one point, from when Lav worked for ESPN. Tthen later with Slice at manhattan.  At least until the Briscoe fiasco.

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2016, 06:04:05 PM »
Not Lavin. 

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2016, 06:06:25 PM »
I hope they have a good young recruiter ready to take his place

Who would take his place you cant survive with one recruiter

Also it would be nice for them to hire one of the young ex players and train them to become part of the program like Duke does even Seton Hall does it.
If Slice left that would leave Chris, Matt and St. Jean. They would be in no position to train a young coach they need training themselves.

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2016, 06:16:20 PM »
Marco - if Slice left any ideas who would take his place

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2016, 06:22:47 PM »
Marco - if Slice left any ideas who would take his place

Wouldn't matter at that point.

paultzman

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2016, 06:24:30 PM »
Baldi wise?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 06:29:03 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2016, 06:26:00 PM »
Larry Brown domino?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.