Slice

• 512 replies
Re: Slice
« Reply #200 on: May 05, 2016, 05:36:01 PM »

« Reply #202 on: May 05, 2016, 09:41:47 PM »
(Insert vague, veiled, egodriven post here)

MCNPA

« Reply #203 on: May 06, 2016, 08:50:02 AM »
Bump...

why the bump..?
He wants to make himself seem important.

Ha...

Yes. Seem

Some people pretty tough on him but right now he's pretty damn important.  He's landed a big share of our top 21 ranked recruiting class currently.  It seems the recruits all like him as well. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #204 on: May 06, 2016, 09:34:59 AM »
Bump...

why the bump..?

Ha...

Yes. Seem

Some people pretty tough on him but right now he's pretty damn important.  He's landed a big share of our top 21 ranked recruiting class currently.  It seems the recruits all like him as well. 

Wow - I didnt realize Marco Baldi was a member of our staff !  Which one is he?  St. Jean? Slice? ;-)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 09:35:21 AM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #205 on: May 06, 2016, 10:02:47 AM »
Bump...

why the bump..?

Ha...

Yes. Seem

Wow - I didnt realize Marco Baldi was a member of our staff !  Which one is he?  St. Jean? Slice? ;-)

I'm Zendon

« Reply #206 on: May 06, 2016, 11:17:37 AM »
Haha.  Relying on you to help Sima make the jump this coming year on the offensive end and on the glass.

« Reply #207 on: May 06, 2016, 03:39:43 PM »
Bump...

why the bump..?

Ha...

Yes. Seem

I'm Zendon
Zend it in

Marillac

« Reply #208 on: May 07, 2016, 05:06:42 PM »
Bump...

why the bump..?

Ha...

Yes. Seem

I'm Zendon

Sounds like a movie title.

Booksnball

• "Success Comes To Those Who Prepare for It through
« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2016, 11:02:59 PM »
This might be the most ridiculous topic I've ever seen of a St. John's related web site/blog.

Yeah, yeah, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Slice's track record, contacts, high regard he's held in THROUGHOUT the country alone is enough to squash any similar thoughts from the novice fan.  I spoke to several long time serious fans of ALL things H.S. & College HOOPS & they had the same reaction I did when I first saw this topic. "Are you F'in kidding me. You can't be serious."

Only thing that makes sense to me is that anyone who questions Slice's contributions (like we know what goes on between the scene 24/7)  still drinks the Jarvis/Lavin (Both Program Killers)"Kool Aid" or are actual fans of a rival program. Ya think?  PS , there are quite a few bars in Brooklyn where if you brought this subject up, you'd better have insurance or a good get away plan in mind.  ;)
RK

« Reply #210 on: May 09, 2016, 12:57:03 AM »
This might be the most ridiculous topic I've ever seen of a St. John's related web site/blog.

Yeah, yeah, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Slice's track record, contacts, high regard he's held in THROUGHOUT the country alone is enough to squash any similar thoughts from the novice fan.  I spoke to several long time serious fans of ALL things H.S. & College HOOPS & they had the same reaction I did when I first saw this topic. "Are you F'in kidding me. You can't be serious."

Only thing that makes sense to me is that anyone who questions Slice's contributions (like we know what goes on between the scene 24/7)  still drinks the Jarvis/Lavin (Both Program Killers)"Kool Aid" or are actual fans of a rival program. Ya think?  PS , there are quite a few bars in Brooklyn where if you brought this subject up, you'd better have insurance or a good get away plan in mind.  ;)

I don't think anyone denies the fact that its amazing to have slice here...he just hasn't produced what he normally does with us YET

« Reply #211 on: May 09, 2016, 01:01:01 AM »
A topic talking about one of our assistant coaches is ridiculous?!?  ???

« Reply #212 on: June 06, 2016, 02:22:03 PM »
I heard he's gone and it will be made official soon...

SJUFAN

« Reply #213 on: June 06, 2016, 02:26:25 PM »

That's not good.

wpc77

« Reply #214 on: June 06, 2016, 02:44:15 PM »

Yup...

« Reply #215 on: June 06, 2016, 02:47:16 PM »

Ouch!

« Reply #216 on: June 06, 2016, 02:49:05 PM »

Ouch!
Had to know something was up when every recruit was being handled by Matt.

paultzman

« Reply #217 on: June 06, 2016, 02:58:30 PM »
Not unexpected, but a loss. He is well respected, has connections and has been a successful AC.

« Reply #218 on: June 06, 2016, 02:59:22 PM »
A loss, no matter how you "slice" it.  Do I think it automatically spells doom?  No.  Is it what I want as a fan of this program?  Absolutely not - I was looking forward to reaping the benefits of Slice's connections, whether that be NYC, NJ or elsewhere.  I hope this does not stain the program in the eyes of some of the local HS and/or AAU players, and that they chalk up the short marriage to a divergence of personalities requiring a quick and clean split. 

Easily the strangest development of the Mullin tenure to date.

« Reply #219 on: June 06, 2016, 03:00:55 PM »
June 6, D-Day... (DOOMED Day)