Marquette Game 3/9

• 82 replies

Poison

Re: Marquette Game 3/9
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2016, 10:48:02 PM »
Last game of the season and no one on this team has any idea what he's doing

But that's on the coach, because he's Chris Mullin. And Because of Steve Lavin, I guess.
Elephant in the room. Players have been bad but the coaching has been horrible. One win in 3 months. No one saw this coming after 7-3 and Syracuse game. Hope staff figures something out by next season besides the increase in talent level.

I could see Mullin resigning and Barry becoming the coach. What I'd rather see is PJ Carlisimo. He was so hard on his players that one of them tried to kill him. I'd hire him, give him a multi million dollar deal, and a taser.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:49:14 PM by Poison »

goredmen

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2016, 11:00:02 PM »

But that's on the coach, because he's Chris Mullin. And Because of Steve Lavin, I guess.
Elephant in the room. Players have been bad but the coaching has been horrible. One win in 3 months. No one saw this coming after 7-3 and Syracuse game. Hope staff figures something out by next season besides the increase in talent level.

I could see Mullin resigning and Barry becoming the coach. What I'd rather see is PJ Carlisimo. He was so hard on his players that one of them tried to kill him. I'd hire him, give him a multi million dollar deal, and a taser.

Hope that first part is a joke

Marillac

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2016, 11:01:34 PM »

We all hope at least a part of every Poison post is a joke.

Ellison has a layup every possession if he wants one.

goredmen

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2016, 11:05:24 PM »
I really don't understand why this season as bad as it has been surprised anybody. Our best player in this game was a guy who couldn't see the court last year on a roster that only had 6 guys. The team's best player this season is somebody that could still be in high school. One of the "senior leaders" on this team is a guy that was an average at best player for Missouri State. Anything more than 8-10 wins this year would have been a miracle. No coach alive or dead would have been able to lead this group to a much better season.

That being said there are definitely some concerning things regarding the lack of improvement in some areas where talent isn't everything but overall wait until the team has some actual players before wanting the coach to resign

goredmen

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2016, 11:05:48 PM »

The problem is he's so nuts you can never be sure

Marillac

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2016, 11:13:29 PM »

He's a very frustrating player.  Terrible feet on defense...weak....terrible decisions.  He'll never be able to defend the PG position.

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2016, 11:15:03 PM »
Problem  Marillac is how many lay ups will Ellison make. Just missed a bunny then traveled on his way in. It's like the guy who tells his coach get me the ball and his coach tells him there is a reason you are open, the other team is not covering you because you can't shoot. Ellison misses tons of lay ups.

goredmen

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2016, 11:15:46 PM »

He's a very frustrating player.  Terrible feet on defense...weak....terrible decisions.  He'll never be able to defend the PG position.

I was talking about Poison, but that works also

Poison

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2016, 11:16:50 PM »

Don't be so negative. Believe in the process.

paultzman

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2016, 11:21:20 PM »
Frankly I feel fine about putting the balls away. Crap roster, new staff, yeah, but this is dreadful & hard to rationalize there's been much improvement.

Clean slate, new faces & player improvement this summer hopefully equates to a team that can at least compete most nights.

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2016, 11:24:55 PM »
Frankly I feel fine about putting the balls away. Crap roster, new staff, yeah, but this is dreadful & hard to rationalize there's been much improvement.

Clean slate, new faces & player improvement this summer hopefully equates to a team that can at least compete most nights.

Yup, I didn't expect to win many games this season. I just thought they would have been more competitive though.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 11:25:29 PM by stjohnnie75 »

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2016, 11:25:47 PM »

Totally agree. I used to be depressed for 2 weeks when the season ended now it will be a relief.

Poison

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2016, 11:26:14 PM »

That isn't going to be enough. They need to be good next year.

Poison

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2016, 11:29:20 PM »
Where the hell is Sima?

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2016, 11:35:22 PM »
Where the hell is Sima?
Been better without sima and yakwe tonight, somehow

goredmen

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2016, 11:39:43 PM »

Define good and what you would be satisfied with next year

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2016, 11:42:11 PM »

Facing UCONN, and Cuse in the NIT for a retro BET. That would be a good year. Better they remain in the NIT and we make the tournament.
Cougar O' Malley

Marillac

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2016, 11:47:40 PM »
Is it just me or is Gus Johnson a HUGE St. John's fan? 

Marillac

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2016, 11:51:57 PM »
I don't care if Jones score 80, you can't rely on him late. 

Poison

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2016, 11:55:04 PM »

The NIT and 8 conference wins