« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 10:11:47 AM »
Anyone know the reason?

Jones played great

Re: Sima's playing time last night
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 10:26:06 AM »
Maybe flu. Everyone has

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 11:05:29 AM »
Has anyone noticed that he just throws the ball up when he goes to the hoop. Its really weird. Needs a lot of work

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 11:09:22 AM »
Has anyone noticed that he just throws the ball up when he goes to the hoop. Its really weird. Needs a lot of work

Lack of teaching basics at the High School and AAU level is ridiculous.  Ellison does the same

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 11:27:13 AM »
They made their comeback with Jones at center.

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 02:57:20 PM »
My guess was just a combination of Jones playing great and mostly matchups. Fischer was kind of limited last night because of foul trouble and he's more of the inside big, Ellenson can really stretch you out on the perimeter if he wants and while neither is exactly Bill Russell, Yakwe is much better suited for that inside/outside combo on D and you couldn't take Jones off the floor his offense was the only reason we were in the game. That was my initial thought anyway.

ras

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 07:31:45 PM »
Did Sima fully recover from his injury? He looked better pre injury and looks like he has regressed. In the beginning of the year I thought we had a future pro. But based on his play lately , I don't think he looked like a BE starting center. Of course he is only a freshman and I know bigs take longer to develop. But, does anyone know the status of his injury?

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 08:23:35 PM »
My opinion it was a combo of hitting the expected freshman wall - especially for his position (battling with grown men in many instances) - and the hand injury. Still love his upside and expect him to make great strides.

Poison

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 08:29:05 PM »
Did Sima fully recover from his injury? He looked better pre injury and looks like he has regressed. In the beginning of the year I thought we had a future pro. But based on his play lately , I don't think he looked like a BE starting center. Of course he is only a freshman and I know bigs take longer to develop. But, does anyone know the status of his injury?

I don't think he made a free throw after returning from his injury. It had to made a difference. Still, even before his injury, when he was contributing quite a bit, we could see that he needed to get stronger, and he needs to develop an offensive game. He now has the time to work on it.

IDK of anyone noticed it, but Zendon was the first person to talk to Sima at the very end.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:30:21 PM by Poison »

TONYD3

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 08:32:43 PM »

I don't think he made a free throw after returning from his injury. It had to made a difference. Still, even before his injury, when he was contributing quite a bit, we could see that he needed to get stronger, and he needs to develop an offensive game. He now has the time to work on it.

IDK of anyone noticed it, but Zendon was the first person to talk to Sima at the very end.
Zendon has been very active the entire season .

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 08:35:22 PM »
I noticed that also, Zendon did the same thing when Amar and Ellison fouled out. Mitch Richmond on the other hand, looks like a statue. Only thing I've seen him do on the bench all season is laugh at Mullin when he gets crazy haha.

hnk

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 08:42:11 PM »
I don't think Mitch is allowed to talk to the players during the game.  He's not a coach....an extra staff member.  Cady wasn't allowed either.

Poison

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 08:46:25 PM »
I noticed that also, Zendon did the same thing when Amar and Ellison fouled out. Mitch Richmond on the other hand, looks like a statue. Only thing I've seen him do on the bench all season is laugh at Mullin when he gets crazy haha.

Richmond is a name. Other than that, I have no idea why he's here.

Pete88

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 08:51:14 PM »

Richmond is a name. Other than that, I have no idea why he's here.

Yeah, no idea why Mullin would have a NBA Hall of Famer on staff???  What could he possibly know about basketball.

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 09:06:12 PM »
Pretty sure Mitch isn't supposed to talk to the kids during the game. Could be wrong though.

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 09:11:54 PM »
I don't know official do's / don'ts of Special Assistant during game or during practices, but if nothing else he keeps Mullin sane and helps with recruiting.  Could he be getting as much $$ as Slice for what I would think would be much less work ?

I know he role with the players is supposed to be limited and I think he's done that well.  Though yesterday during one of the timeouts I saw him being quite engaged with one or two of the players...First time I really saw that all season beyond a few words or a handshake.

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 09:23:36 PM »
Richmond has actually been more active than I had envisioned. Zendon too seems like he has a real good relationship with the kids.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2016, 10:52:05 PM »
So if Richmond yells out loud looking in the opposite direction of a player to box out is he speaking directly with the players?  Does NCAA have spies in the building?  For 400 plus a year he better be talking to players
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2016, 11:01:49 PM »
Thought Sima showed a decent shooting from early in the year. Once he got hurt he started just throwing it up there. assume it may all related to the injury.. Has a lot of potential.

On the topic of reduced PT, Balamou saw little time in 2nd half and no time down stretch even as guys were fouling out (Dial was even inserted).