Next year's Big East

• 32 replies

hnk

Next year's Big East
« on: March 13, 2016, 12:44:38 PM »
The competition will be relentless.  Very few guys are leaving.  Everyone will have good guys coming in.

Butler loses only Roosevelt Jones.

Creighton loses only Groselle (who killed us)

Depaul loses only Myke Henry.

Georgetown loses only Smith-Rivera and Hayes.

Marquette probably loses only Ellenson.

Providence probably loses Dunn and maybe Bentil.

Seton Hall only maybe Whitehead.

Nova loses Arch, and Ochefu.

X loses Jamie Farr and Abell.

We will certainly be better, but hardly anyone else if anyone will be worse and many will be better too.

Foad?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 12:49:35 PM by hnk »

Re: Next year's Big East
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 01:02:00 PM »
Dunham done at Butler also

Foad

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 01:04:00 PM »
The competition will be relentless.  Very few guys are leaving.  Everyone will have good guys coming in.

We will certainly be better, but hardly anyone else if anyone will be worse and many will be better too.

Foad?

What?

Poison

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 01:07:49 PM »

Foad?

Dunn is a 7th year senior. I'm pretty sure he's out of eligibility.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM by Poison »

Poison

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 01:10:17 PM »
You can never underestimate a BE player thinking they're better than they are. Guys will go pro, and then we'll never hear from them again. And don't forget, we're losing Durand Johnson, Ron M'vouika and Felix Balamou.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 01:11:42 PM by Poison »

derk

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 02:05:29 PM »
You can never underestimate a BE player thinking they're better than they are. Guys will go pro, and then we'll never hear from them again. And don't forget, we're losing Durand Johnson, Ron M'vouika and Felix Balamou.
Addition by subtraction

Poison

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 02:41:42 PM »
Addition by subtraction

I was joking. I'm thrilled that they're leaving. Hopefully, for their sake, they took their academics seriously.

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 06:33:07 PM »
I could see Johnson playing professionally overseas.

I also think the BE will be even better next year, but almost every team is losing their best player, except maybe Nova. Guess that is probably a standard occurrence in NCAA

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 07:46:49 PM »
Well at minimum we will be a much stronger 10th place team and double our BE win output.

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 08:28:22 PM »
Well at minimum we will be a much stronger 10th place team and double our BE win output.

I'm looking forward to it.

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 09:14:40 PM »
Addition by subtraction

I was joking. I'm thrilled that they're leaving. Hopefully, for their sake, they took their academics seriously.

Or else they might find themselves the most negative posters on JJ in 20 years because they can't properly deal with the real problems they are facing In life.

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 09:52:38 PM »
Addition by subtraction

Or else they might find themselves the most negative posters on JJ in 20 years because they can't properly deal with the real problems they are facing In life.

:2funny:

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 12:09:02 AM »
will be beautiful to see the downfall of Nova. I dont know if there is a team in BE I hate more than them.  We need to end the losing streak against them.  They will not be the same with no Arch and Ochefu. Butler will be toast too with no Jones and Dunham.  Hopefully Whitehead leaving knocks the hall down a bit too. Need him to have good tourney so he jets.

pmg911

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 01:28:48 PM »
SHU will be best team in the league next year if Whitehead comes back

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 01:34:29 PM »
And if Delgado doesn't leave.

Poison

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2016, 01:52:04 PM »
will be beautiful to see the downfall of Nova. I dont know if there is a team in BE I hate more than them.  We need to end the losing streak against them.  They will not be the same with no Arch and Ochefu. Butler will be toast too with no Jones and Dunham.  Hopefully Whitehead leaving knocks the hall down a bit too. Need him to have good tourney so he jets.

Arch is a punk, but I don't mind their fans, so I don't mind them as much as Duke, SU, Rutgers and Seton Hall.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 02:30:12 PM by Poison »

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2016, 02:32:17 PM »

Arch is a punk, but I don't mind their fans, so I don't mind them as much as Duke, SU, Rutgers and Seton Hall.

How is he a punk?!?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2016, 02:34:51 PM »
SHU will be best team in the league next year if Whitehead comes back

Big IF. Only 2 years ago when Whitehead was giving it to D'Angelo Russell, Emmanual Mudiay etc. I think he's gone for sure.

Their incoming class is non-existent.

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 02:40:44 PM »

They are loaded with talent. Hart, Jenkins, Bridges, Booth, Brunson, Paschall, and Spellman

Wods317

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2016, 03:01:10 PM »

They are loaded with talent. Hart, Jenkins, Bridges, Booth, Brunson, Paschall, and Spellman

You cannot just look at who is leaving when evaluating a team for next season. Players always improve and recruits and transfers who sat out come in. Nova is going to top 10 again I would think.