Next year's Big East

• 32 replies
Re: Next year's Big East
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2016, 03:58:01 PM »
will be beautiful to see the downfall of Nova. I dont know if there is a team in BE I hate more than them.  We need to end the losing streak against them.  They will not be the same with no Arch and Ochefu. Butler will be toast too with no Jones and Dunham.  Hopefully Whitehead leaving knocks the hall down a bit too. Need him to have good tourney so he jets.

Arch is a punk, but I don't mind their fans, so I don't mind them as much as Duke, SU, Rutgers and Seton Hall.

How is he a punk?!?

He's a star player on a hated rival.  In other words "a punk".

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2016, 05:16:25 PM »
will be beautiful to see the downfall of Nova. I dont know if there is a team in BE I hate more than them.  We need to end the losing streak against them.  They will not be the same with no Arch and Ochefu. Butler will be toast too with no Jones and Dunham.  Hopefully Whitehead leaving knocks the hall down a bit too. Need him to have good tourney so he jets.

They are loaded with talent. Hart, Jenkins, Bridges, Booth, Brunson, Paschall, and Spellman

You cannot just look at who is leaving when evaluating a team for next season. Players always improve and recruits and transfers who sat out come in. Nova is going to top 10 again I would think.

One could only hope. I just want to reach the point in our program when we can start beating them again. I just hate their preppiness and arrogance.  Yea those are some good players they have left but hopefully our guys and new ones play with a fire and can split with them next season. Just hate Nova with a passion thats all.

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2016, 05:29:44 PM »
Conference is losing more elite talent in one year than it has since the Big East split. You ant lose Dunham and Jones and not take a step back.  You can't lose Dunn and expect to be the same. There will be a chance for us to jump over several teams. Give me our situation over Marquette's any day of the week.

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »
Conference needs UCOnn back

hnk

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2016, 05:56:40 PM »
First, it needs St. John's back!

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 06:32:57 PM »

They are loaded with talent. Hart, Jenkins, Bridges, Booth, Brunson, Paschall, and Spellman

Painter is top 100 on scount as well.

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2016, 08:10:39 PM »
Conference is losing more elite talent in one year than it has since the Big East split. You ant lose Dunham and Jones and not take a step back.  You can't lose Dunn and expect to be the same. There will be a chance for us to jump over several teams. Give me our situation over Marquette's any day of the week.

I also wouldn't be surprised Bentil bolts, as well.

MCNPA

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2016, 09:28:05 PM »
Uconn ain't coming back.  As far as next year goes, we will be much more competitive.  We will be an extremely athletic team, but still by far the youngest in the country I'm sure.  I expect improvement in our overall talent level that is two fold, but we still have to see what all the parts are and how everybody fits. 

I don't expect Lovett nor Ponds to struggle.   Lovett was practicing all year this season and will be ready to go.  Ponds is a gamer and not shy on the court.  He can score the ball really well and has quick feet and hands on defense.  He will be brought along ath the pace he plays at because we also have Ellison and Mussini.

Big upgrades in frontcourt as well.  Ahmed and Frudenberg replace Durand and Ron and there is a huge upgrade in talent.  Add Sima and Yakwe who were excellent as freshmen,  will be a year better, and we add Owens and who knows whom else. 

Gonna be fun for sure.  Lots more talent to watch grow.

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2016, 10:38:26 PM »
Boy Lavin really drummed that youngest team in the country mantra into SJU fan's heads didn't he? Aren't we always automatically the youngest team in the country every year? If we had 13 fifth year seniors some would still be saying that. Good built in excuse for another lousy season?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:39:16 PM by Celtics11 »

Marillac

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2016, 10:04:06 PM »
Top of the league won't be far from the old league next year.  Xavier's young kids impressed the hell out of me.  They are really only losing Remy "First Half" Abel and James Farr.  Reynolds and O'mara can absorb Farr's 20 minutes without much issue.  Nova will be nasty again with Brunson, Hart, and Jenkins back and plenty of bigs to pickup the 22 mpg they lose from Uchefu.  The Hall comes back much better on paper.  Butler loses some nasty players, but Chrabazc really showed something in that loss to Virginia and they can never be written off from making the dance and are always a threat to win a few games once there.  G'town should be pretty solid too.

Providence should take a step back...more if Bentil bolts.  Marquette figures to be in for a tough climb with Ellenson ready to hire an agent.

The problem is now the ACC has shown clear dominance over the rest of the country.  Cuse got lucky with their draws, but six of the sweet 16 is just crazy.

Wods317

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2016, 10:12:10 AM »
Was just reading some stuff and looking over rosters and recruiting classes and I think the Big East is going to be very deep next year. The first team that jumped out to me is Creighton. They bring almost everyone back and add Foster who was a big time scorer at K State and a four star Center named Patton who redshirted this year. I think they will be an NCAA team next season. Nova should be very good as should Xavier definitely top 15 teams. Georgetown has so much talent so they have a shot to figure that out and be much better. Providence I think providence is the one team I see taking a large step back bc they lose Dunn and maybe Bentil and played poorly down the stretch with those guys. Marquette has a ton of young talent and should be as good if not better. DePaul will be horrible as usual. Seton hall if they return Everton will
Be an NCAA team also. Butler will take a step back possibly but they have some nice players coming in also. We will be much better as well so I think this league might no have two top 5
teams next year but will be more well rounded from top to bottom.

NCAA Teams
Nova
Xavier
Seton Hall
Creighton

Bubble Teams
Butler
Marquette
Georgetown

If no one else leaves I think we are looking at this next year.

ras

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2016, 11:35:25 AM »
Top of the league won't be far from the old league next year.  Xavier's young kids impressed the hell out of me.  They are really only losing Remy "First Half" Abel and James Farr.  Reynolds and O'mara can absorb Farr's 20 minutes without much issue.  Nova will be nasty again with Brunson, Hart, and Jenkins back and plenty of bigs to pickup the 22 mpg they lose from Uchefu.  The Hall comes back much better on paper.  Butler loses some nasty players, but Chrabazc really showed something in that loss to Virginia and they can never be written off from making the dance and are always a threat to win a few games once there.  G'town should be pretty solid too.

Providence should take a step back...more if Bentil bolts.  Marquette figures to be in for a tough climb with Ellenson ready to hire an agent.

The problem is now the ACC has shown clear dominance over the rest of the country.  Cuse got lucky with their draws, but six of the sweet 16 is just crazy.
The ACC was always a great league. Now throw in Syracuse, ND and Louisville . also throw in the breaks they get w seeding and ref calls, and you have the top BB league.

Poison

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 11:44:37 AM »

Arch is a punk, but I don't mind their fans, so I don't mind them as much as Duke, SU, Rutgers and Seton Hall.

How is he a punk?!?

He's a star player on a hated rival.  In other words "a punk".

1st time we played them, after the play had stopped, he gave Mussini a jab with his shoulder and played it off like it was inadvertent. It wasn't. It's like he's in high school, and he's bullying a freshman. Well, since that was our story last year, we really can't complain too much.