Slice

• 330 replies

hnk

Re: Slice
« Reply #300 on: April 13, 2015, 01:34:19 PM »
i think it would definitely helping recruiting bigs if we had a respected big man coach/resource.  Zendon?

« Reply #301 on: April 13, 2015, 01:40:34 PM »
i think it would definitely helping recruiting bigs if we had a respected big man coach/resource.  Zendon?

Anyone know what Zendons role was on previous staff?

« Reply #302 on: April 13, 2015, 01:45:21 PM »

Bring CO back to the locker room when he got kicked out for that elbow.

Tha Kid

« Reply #303 on: April 13, 2015, 01:46:02 PM »

Ed Pinckney...if he comes on board I think he'd fill that role well.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 01:49:08 PM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

sju89tr

« Reply #304 on: April 13, 2015, 01:51:06 PM »

Ed Pinckney...if he comes on board I think he'd fill that role well.

Definitely and the DOBO spot should go to a SJU guy with local roots/ties
No problem with T.Mullin, Zendon, Grant, or Lopez

« Reply #305 on: April 13, 2015, 01:52:58 PM »
I wouldn't be opposed to any of those guys Ted but with Mullin, Slice, Matt, and EP (if we land him), the staff will have an abundance of local ties.  Would have no issue with the DOBO going to someone from outside NY if it is a good candidate, because I think the local aspect will be more than covered.

desco80

« Reply #306 on: April 13, 2015, 01:56:52 PM »

Volunteer assistant I think.   I think he was just trying to break into coaching ya know?

sju89tr

« Reply #307 on: April 13, 2015, 01:57:34 PM »
I wouldn't be opposed to any of those guys Ted but with Mullin, Slice, Matt, and EP (if we land him), the staff will have an abundance of local ties.  Would have no issue with the DOBO going to someone from outside NY if it is a good candidate, because I think the local aspect will be more than covered.

I just feel we owe it to someone in the family to get their careers started on collegiate level. But yes someone from the south would be my wish. We have never had a presence down there and it's close enough to NYC   

« Reply #308 on: April 13, 2015, 02:00:39 PM »

I just feel we owe it to someone in the family to get their careers started on collegiate level. But yes someone from the south would be my wish. We have never had a presence down there and it's close enough to NYC

Yeah but DOBO has limited responsibilities coaching. Most of his responsibilities are admin related (travel, hotels, meals, class schedules, etc.)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 02:13:55 PM by stjohnnie75 »

paultzman

« Reply #309 on: April 13, 2015, 04:58:05 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: #sjubb makes it official Barry "Slice" Rohrssen associate head coach.

paultzman

« Reply #310 on: April 13, 2015, 05:04:40 PM »
Nice touch Matt:

@mabde33: Happy to be working alongside "Slice"....an absolute home run addition. Now off to continue to build this program piece by piece #SJUBB

« Reply #311 on: April 13, 2015, 05:05:30 PM »
@StJohnsBBall: .@StJohnsBBall welcomes new Associate Head Coach Barry Rohrssen ARTICLE: http://t.co/SPuls3LfqL #SJUBB http://t.co/LIp3rJppr4

« Reply #312 on: April 13, 2015, 05:08:02 PM »
Very Classy.

@UKCoachCalipari
Let’s all congratulate Slice on his new opportunity at St. John’s. When he talked to me about the offer, we both got emotional.

You have to understand, we’ve been friends for 30 years. Not only that, he loved this place and the #BBN.

As we do with players and staff, when these things arise, I want our family to do what’s right for them. I couldn't be happier for Slice.

Slice is not only a great person, he’s a terrific coach and recruiter, and one of my most loyal friends.

I wish Slice and Kerry nothing but the best in their new opportunity.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 05:10:08 PM by kingofk1ngs »

« Reply #313 on: April 13, 2015, 05:09:38 PM »
John Calipari @UKCoachCalipari
I wish Slice and Kerry nothing but the best in their new opportunity.

Slice is not only a great person, he’s a terrific coach and recruiter, and one of my most loyal friends.

As we do with players and staff, when these things arise, I want our family to do what’s right for them. I couldn't be happier for Slice.

At the end of the day, it was an offer in every way – including going home – that I didn’t think Slice could pass on.

You have to understand, we’ve been friends for 30 years. Not only that, he loved this place and the #BBN.

Let’s all congratulate Slice on his new opportunity at St. John’s. When he talked to me about the offer, we both got emotional.

sju89tr

« Reply #314 on: April 13, 2015, 05:09:46 PM »
@UKCoachCalipari

Classy.

I knew a guy like Cal would not stand in the way of a guy looking for a better opportunity for his family 

« Reply #315 on: April 13, 2015, 05:25:36 PM »
Coach Cal showing real class!!

« Reply #316 on: April 13, 2015, 05:45:35 PM »

Doesn't sound like Cal. didn't he  say Louie was dying when he was an recruiting for pitt? or maybe cal is leaving for the NBA ?

sju89tr

« Reply #317 on: April 13, 2015, 05:47:50 PM »

Doesn't sound like Cal. didn't he  say Louie was dying when he was an recruiting for pitt? or maybe cal is leaving for the NBA ?

Never really could figure out if that was true or not LOL   

paultzman

« Reply #318 on: April 13, 2015, 05:56:15 PM »
Not bad if true:

@AdamZagoria: Slice Named Associate Head Coach At St. John’s; Source says he will make $450K per for 5 years http://t.co/mXjckweDc5 @SNYtv

« Reply #319 on: April 13, 2015, 06:02:51 PM »

That was old "vacated Final Fours" Cal & miserable Nets' HC Cal. New Cal can take the high road every time at UK.  He's turned recruiting on its head. He even made the Krybaby recruit one and dones more frequently because he had no choice.