Obekpa

• 479 replies

desco80

Re: Obekpa
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2014, 03:00:06 PM »
Hooper is graduate student will be able to play immediately.     Johnyshorejohnny on redmen.com heard from a reliable source CO is leaving. I do not think this is an April fools joke.

Maybe not from him, but maybe the good source he has didn't was fooled by a prank.  I'm not going to believe anything until tomorrow. 

Come on Marillac, are you actually surprised?   Somewhere in the back of your mind you knew this was a real possibility.   

Trone

« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2014, 03:02:38 PM »
Is onekpa next? who cares.  He quit on this team and is not the kind of player that deserves to wear the uniform.  He got a lot of blocks but all help side or after his man beat him.  I wont be sorry to see him go, I think this team is better off without him and sanchez.  Lav will find some bodies to stick down low and whoever they are, they will by default be an upgrade

derk

« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2014, 03:36:46 PM »
A reliable Redmen poster just confirmed Obekpa is definitely leaving. Any trend here guys or are we going to rationalize this one as well. Next shoe to drop?

Stand clear if Mkras is in the vicinity

Marillac

« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2014, 05:01:00 PM »
If this was a sinking ship or any type of emergency, the first thing I'd have to do would be to knock half you guys out for your own good.  Jesus Christ do you guys panic quickly or what?  WTF.

To date, we've lost a kid to the effing NBA draft and his best friend who graduated.  This twit Jayon is just trying to keep his fifteen minutes going by throwing sh*t at the wall and seeing what sticks.  Lucky for him, if it doesn't quite stick, Marco Baldi will be happy to pick it up and slap it back on the wall along with some other sh*t he head from a guy in Columbus Circle wearing a St. John's hat. 

Relax guys. 

Hooper will graduate his year..?

Will he be able to play right away with 2 years of eligibility left..?

Yes to both.  He said he wanted to be remembered as the best shooter in school history and he only gets sh*t on these boards.  Good for him. Only at SJU do we attack the 12th and 13th men and walkons. 

Foad

« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2014, 05:05:35 PM »
He said he wanted to be remembered as the best shooter in school history

Then he should have made more shots.

pmg911

« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2014, 06:56:49 AM »
I was at NIT last night and saw 2 large SJU boosters...    both are not happy and both think Obekpa is not returning

hnk

« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2014, 08:27:11 AM »
Large enough to replace him?       Maybe they think that because the read this board

paultzman

« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2014, 08:40:35 AM »
Told this may be a transfer, not a decision to play for pay. Interesting, if that occurs, considering amount of PT he would get at SJU.

Edit- should have said may be, not will be. Sorry.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 09:06:44 AM by paultzman »

DFF6

« Reply #128 on: April 02, 2014, 08:48:25 AM »
Told this will be a transfer, not a decision to play for pay. Interesting, if that occurs, considering amount of PT he would get at SJU.

So, Obekpa would rather sit out a full year waiting to play for another school than get 30 minutes per game with us next year as our main front court option?  Meh, I'm not worried. Just gives C. Jones a bigger opportunity to shine next season, so, we've got that going for us.........

hnk

« Reply #129 on: April 02, 2014, 08:56:17 AM »
Pittsburgh??????

mkras99

« Reply #130 on: April 02, 2014, 09:22:18 AM »
Obekpa choosing to leave or being asked to do so?

« Reply #131 on: April 02, 2014, 10:21:55 AM »
If he did refuse to go back into the BE tourney game then he might have been asked to shape up or leave the program. He would be missed on the court but that kind of attitude would kill a locker room.

« Reply #132 on: April 02, 2014, 10:23:09 AM »

A question or an insinuation?

mkras99

« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2014, 10:59:39 AM »

A question.

desco80

« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2014, 11:04:22 AM »

A question.

All rumors at this point, but it's assumed he's leaving of his own volition.   I would imagine Lavin would try to "reform" him before kicking him off the team.   Especially when he doesn't have another big man

« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2014, 11:46:20 AM »
I heard he was transferring to the Donatelli Hair Styling Academy

SJUFAN

« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2014, 12:27:15 PM »

A question.

All rumors at this point, but it's assumed he's leaving of his own volition.   I would imagine Lavin would try to "reform" him before kicking him off the team.   Especially when he doesn't have another big man

Why is this being assumed? He didn't go back into the game in the B.E.T. Yet he started in the N.I.T.? That doesn't look like a coach who wants to kick a player off the team. Obekpa wants to go to the league now, he wanted to go last year. I think its possible he returns just so he can try to go to the league after next year opposed to two years from now having to sit out a year if he transfers. I think that is the strongest agrument for him staying and until stated otherwise that is the case, put the rumors to rest.

« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2014, 01:28:08 PM »

A question.

Why is this being assumed? He didn't go back into the game in the B.E.T. Yet he started in the N.I.T.? That doesn't look like a coach who wants to kick a player off the team. Obekpa wants to go to the league now,

What league are we speaking of?  League of Extraordinary Gentlemen? Surely not one that pays people for playing basketball.

Chilleb

« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2014, 02:08:05 PM »
And when I first got wind of this story  a month ago I was crucified. Smh. Don't kill the messenger

paultzman

« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2014, 02:12:56 PM »
And when I first got wind of this story  a month ago I was crucified. Smh. Don't kill the messenger

Always had faith in you Chilleb. Your information & sharing observations are greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 02:14:52 PM by paultzman »