Calm Before the Storm: St. Bonaventure [Johnny Jungle]

• 54 replies
Re: Calm Before the Storm: St. Bonaventure [Johnny Jungle]
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2009, 03:47:57 PM »
I'm very geographically challenged.

In that case, and since you are a South Jersey guy, I just want to clarify something for you.
Westchester is not the same as West Chester.
I would not want you to take a road trip and end up in the wrong state!

I'm central jersey.  >:( We get pretty serious about that around here. South Jersey might as well be Pennsylvania it gets a little weird and slow out there.

??
thought you were from Spring Lake?

Pt. Pleasant which is very close in proximity to Spring Lake.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2009, 04:06:06 PM »
It's been many moons since I was in Rochester for a couple of tournaments; but I don't recall it being so bad.  Just another non-descript upstate town that isn't NYC like so many others.

It's not like it's Troy.

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2009, 04:07:25 PM »
It's been many moons since I was in Rochester for a couple of tournaments; but I don't recall it being so bad.  Just another non-descript upstate town that isn't NYC like so many others.

It's not like it's Troy.

Carmine, you were probably legless and beer goggled while there

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2009, 04:08:48 PM »

In that case, and since you are a South Jersey guy, I just want to clarify something for you.

I'm central jersey.  >:( We get pretty serious about that around here. South Jersey might as well be Pennsylvania it gets a little weird and slow out there.

??

Very familar with Jersey Shore. My point is pretty much everything past exit 98 on the Parkway is SOUTH JERSEY though!

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2009, 04:10:08 PM »

??

Very familar with Jersey Shore. My point is pretty much everything past exit 98 on the Parkway is SOUTH JERSEY though!

I'm exit 98.  :)

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2009, 04:14:13 PM »

It's not like it's Troy.

Things I am 100% sure about:
1. Norm is a bad coach
2. Pizza should never be eaten with a fork
3. No one should ever go to Rochester for any reason!

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2009, 04:17:15 PM »

??

I know, otherwise known as the first exit in South Jersey

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2009, 04:19:47 PM »

??

Typical Benny from Staten Island you are.

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2009, 04:25:27 PM »
So it looks like St. John's will be streaming Bloombergs feed online....but not for free.

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2009, 04:35:39 PM »

??

Pt Pleasant, Manasquan and Belmar are pretty much Staten Island South :)
Little older now so I prefer Spring Lake, Sea Girt and most recently since it has been built up Long Branch myself.

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2009, 04:39:04 PM »

??

Pt Pleasant, Manasquan and Belmar are pretty much Staten Island South :)
Little older now so I prefer Spring Lake, Sea Girt and most recently since it has been built up Long Branch myself.

Pier Village is nice area in Long Branch. You'll enjoy a lot of resturants in Asbury Park too if you head over. They've really pumped a lot of money there. I still recommend Djais to anyone who is from Staten Island, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, North Jersey. I swear its the best place to go around here  ::)

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2009, 06:27:31 PM »
So anyways a little funny story, I initiated conversation at the gym today with someone wearing a St. Bonaventure shirt saying "we play you guys tomorrow" and conversation continued and turns out he runs a St. Bonaventure site called...

http://thebonablog.wordpress.com/

Who would have thought in a little beach town in NJ people who run sites covering the Johnnies and Bonnies would work out at the same gym?!?!? What a small world.

Also the guys over at http://bonabandwagon.proboards.com have taken notice to our thread here. I'm not sure what they think about our matchup.

I was browsing around on one of those boards and I saw a post where they guy said that Digger Phelps mentioned that SJU is his sleeper team for the tourney.

Did anyone else hear that? Supposedly he made the comment during the UCLA game.

Yea, I was watching when he said this. He claimed St. John's as his "Wild Card" team in the Big East.

Mentioned returning all starters, the maturation of DJ and Paris, getting Mason back for a 5th year, and that Norm will have this team playing hard every night. He thinks the Big East can realistically get 8 or 9 teams in the tourney and predicts we will be one of them.

Note while he was saying this, Hubert Davis and Jay Bilas were just staring at him in disbelief. Once he finished, Hubert and Jay just started laughing and kept saying "ST JOHNS?!". I appreciate Digger showing us and the BE some love, but clearly the ACC guys werent having it.

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2009, 10:06:12 AM »

It's not like it's Troy.

Carmine, you were probably legless and beer goggled while there

No way. I was a highly skilled athlete back then.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2009, 10:33:05 AM »
Troy - also rough.  man.... upstate NY...

Marillac

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2009, 11:01:04 AM »
Troy - also rough.  man.... upstate NY...

Damn good football program outta Troy.  They were our rivals in high school back when we just destroyed New Rochelle.