Rob Thomas Ballin

• 38 replies
Rob Thomas Ballin
« on: December 03, 2007, 10:37:44 PM »
Looked really really good. His handle is a lot better than I thought. Showed he can run the floor and get up above the rim. He looks in the best shape since he's been at sju by far.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Rob Thomas Ballin
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 10:49:59 PM »
Where you see him? Scrimmage?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 11:10:30 PM »
taftner getting some pick up in. Obviously not going all out but he runs the pg for any team he plays for and pretty much does anything he wants. Doesn't mix it up inside or fight for rebounds....He is being pretty careful out there but he has a nice cross over.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 09:16:46 AM »
 :D At first glance, I thought the title of this thread was "Rob Thomas Bailin" as in bailing out.  I darn near swallowed my tongue  I was very glad I read it wrong.  :D

southernjohnny

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 09:25:42 AM »
  that is our best player, i said it last year before he was declared partial....and i will say it again...he is by far our best shooter...

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 10:36:30 AM »
  that is our best player, i said it last year before he was declared partial....and i will say it again...he is by far our best shooter...
If he's as good as you say-- can he hit the three?-- THEN this team will surprise.  We need outside threats badly.  Even if he's a standstill shooter for the first year.

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 11:04:57 AM »
i think he can hit the 3 but his range is more within the 3.

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 12:07:38 PM »
robs a good kid and is so pumped to play. it will be awesome to see him out on the court, especially since mase is out till who knows when.
We Not Me

southernjohnny

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 12:16:18 PM »
If he's as good as you say-- can he hit the three?-- THEN this team will surprise.  We need outside threats badly.  Even if he's a standstill shooter for the first year.
  i would not put him out on the perimeter...he is average from 3, or atleast he was..his Poison is 18 ft and in....something we have sorely missed...a mid range jumper....also could stop the zones...having a big man flash into the lane, and hit the jumper....

Poison

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 02:29:41 PM »

Norm said not to expect much. Take that for what it's worth.
Maybe he's trying to take pressure off of him.

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 06:18:03 PM »
Can't wait to see him suit up.  I'm sure he'll be "eased" in to everything, but man it'll be nice to see him finally out there.  I wish him nothing but the best.

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 07:17:06 PM »
I don't think Norm likes to set up false expectations. Perhaps Norm now prepares for the worst and is far from being an optimist. If he makes predictions and they fall short his head is on the chopping block so he goes the politician route when he talks about matters like this.

Don't expect much from Rob Thomas...if he flops he told you not to expect anything...if he does well its all gravy

Poison

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 08:33:18 PM »
I don't think Norm likes to set up false expectations. Perhaps Norm now prepares for the worst and is far from being an optimist. If he makes predictions and they fall short his head is on the chopping block so he goes the politician route when he talks about matters like this.

Don't expect much from Rob Thomas...if he flops he told you not to expect anything...if he does well its all gravy

Norm's is very close to the chopping block.

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 11:25:19 AM »
Remember Rob hasnt practiced with the team at all either so it is going to take a while for him to get acclimated with the offense, or lack there of, before we see him putting up big minutes.

Poison

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 11:39:55 AM »
Remember Rob hasnt practiced with the team at all either so it is going to take a while for him to get acclimated with the offense, or lack there of, before we see him putting up big minutes.

Pre-season is over. There is no more time. No more cup cakes. Roberts lives or dies with this class.

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 12:54:17 PM »
Whatever Rob can give us is gravy this year.  No one expected him to give us ANYTHING when he went down and now its possible he can give us some quality minutes.  I'm real curious to see how Norm goes about bringing him back because if he wants to see him practice for awhile first he'll miss most of our weaker opponents until BE and I really dont want a guy we've never seen in college getting his first looks then.  If I was Norm and he's physically ready to go I'd give him mins vs Niagara from the get go and see if he can be a help.  Right now I cant imagine him being worse then Evans and we really could use a scorer off the bench.

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 02:48:56 PM »
big east boards reports thomas won't be available until the tournament in hawaii.

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 02:56:16 PM »
This was always the case due to his academic eligibility and not being able to play until after the first semester ended. This shouldn't be new news to anyone who has been following since the summer or the beginning of the season.

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 03:14:30 PM »
the buzz was started somewhere (here?) that he'd be playing beginning the 15th.  this just clarifies things.

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 03:38:53 PM »
the buzz was started somewhere (here?) that he'd be playing beginning the 15th.  this just clarifies things.

It was on redmen they said that. Here the consensus was always that he would be ready by hawaii which was the first eligible game(s) post fall semester.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 03:42:52 PM by JJ »