Game #15: @Xavier 1/5 430P FOX

• 161 replies
Re: Game #15: @Xavier 1/5 430P FOX
« Reply #140 on: January 06, 2020, 03:08:12 PM »
no one said the best.
My bad. The way posters lick his b*lls on here before he's accomplished anything, I just assumed he was the best.
Why does that bother you so much? 
It doesn't bother me in the least.  I'm just defending the face of the program, as we all should, and blowing back at the false narrative that our favored son was terrible and a new coach we don't know from Adam that thus far has done nothing is the bomb.

How about this fair deal? If CFC qualifies once for the Ncaa tournament in his first 3 years and twice in 4 years, if he lasts that long, I'll admit he's a better coach than Mullin.

« Reply #141 on: January 06, 2020, 03:15:58 PM »
At the end of the day the players need to make plays.

Most shots are going to be contested, players need to make plays.
Now wait just one cotton picking minute.  If Gil Scott doesn't go all John Starks on us and doesn't shoot 1 for 12; 0 for 5 from 3; with 1 assist and 4 turnovers last year against Hurley. Mullin pulls off the impossible and gets an Ncaa win at St. Johns, altering the course of history forever.

And you got the nerve to now say "players need to make plays" to defend CFC?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 02:10:45 AM by carmineabbatiello »

SJUFAN

« Reply #142 on: January 06, 2020, 03:59:03 PM »
Now wait just one cotton picking minute.  If Gil Scott doesn't go all John Starks on us and shoots 1 for 12; 0 for 5 from 3; with 1 assist and 4 turnovers last year against Hurley. Mullin pulls off the impossible and gets an Ncaa win at St. Johns, altering the course of history forever.

And you got the nerve to now say "players need to make plays" to defend CFC?

I’m defending Andersons offensive system. The offensive system isn’t the problem. Same with Mullin and if someone said thats why Mullin lost in the playin game I would have said the same thing. Mullin lost games in general because he didn’t value the defensive side of the ball. 

Once Anderson rebuilds this roster you’ll see they’ll be a better offensive team in the half court.

« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2020, 04:07:45 PM »
I’m defending Andersons offensive system. The offensive system isn’t the problem. Same with Mullin and if someone said thats why Mullin lost in the playin game I would have said the same thing. Mullin lost games in general because he didn’t value the defensive side of the ball. 

Once Anderson rebuilds this roster you’ll see they’ll be a better offensive team in the half court.

No, they won't. Just go to the Arkansas message boards. Same complaints every year:

* no half-court offense
* players standing around
* getting beat on the boards
* free throw shooting
* no inbound plays

His teams were always uneven. One year he had 8 or 9 seniors.

« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2020, 04:07:45 PM »
My bad. The way posters lick his b*lls on here before he's accomplished anything, I just assumed he was the best. It doesn't bother me in the least.  I'm just defending the face of the program, as we all should, and blowing back at the false narrative that our favored son was terrible and a new coach we don't know from Adam that thus far has done nothing is the bomb.

How about this fair deal? If CFC qualifies once for the Ncaa tournament in his first 3 years and twice in 4 years, if he lasts that long, I'll admit he's a better coach than Mullin.
I for one don't give a hoot what you admit just real tired of your defense of coach LAZY ass.

Marillac

« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2020, 11:39:20 PM »
No, they won't. Just go to the Arkansas message boards. Same complaints every year:

* no half-court offense
* free throw shooting
* no inbound plays

The getting beat on the boards aspect seems inaccurate based on what I’ve seen thus far, but the other stuff is clear as day and has been relayed to us by multiple Arkansas fans.

We have the worst inbounds plays since I’ve been a fan. At the end of the Vermont game we literally didn’t have a play down 2 with 3 seconds inbounding the ball. Even CYO coaches have a play for that scenario.

He doesn’t seem to be able to utilize good scorers...just makes them go one on one. Heron would be filthy for Butler or Creighton.

« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2020, 02:14:08 AM »
just real tired of your defense of coach LAZY ass.
Till the day I die and proud of it.  Real St. John's fan right here.

« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2020, 02:17:48 AM »
I for one don't give a hoot what you admit 
If CFC doesn't dance around here for a few years or never, I'm going to have a chuckle when the Mullin haters admit he's better than the Razorback.  I won't be happy about it but I'll have a laugh all the same.

Johnny23

« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2020, 08:21:33 AM »
The getting beat on the boards aspect seems inaccurate based on what I’ve seen thus far, but the other stuff is clear as day and has been relayed to us by multiple Arkansas fans.

We have the worst inbounds plays since I’ve been a fan. At the end of the Vermont game we literally didn’t have a play down 2 with 3 seconds inbounding the ball. Even CYO coaches have a play for that scenario.

He doesn’t seem to be able to utilize good scorers...just makes them go one on one. Heron would be filthy for Butler or Creighton.

Because inbounds plays get talked about so often when talking about a lack of coaching,  said no one ever :2funny:

TONYD3

« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2020, 09:19:28 AM »
If CFC doesn't dance around here for a few years or never, I'm going to have a chuckle when the Mullin haters admit he's better than the Razorback.  I won't be happy about it but I'll have a laugh all the same.
8-24. Blowout losses to St. Thomas, incarnate word, Fordham, NYIT. Winless vs D 1 schools in preseason tournament. 1-17 in conference. How could someone be worse?

« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2020, 10:18:59 AM »

* no half-court offense
* free throw shooting
* no inbound plays

Anderson has won 9 NCAA tourney games since y’all even have won one, give the dude a little time geez.

« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2020, 10:42:16 AM »
How could someone be worse?
By not qualifying for the Ncaa tournament in his first three seasons.

« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2020, 12:22:52 PM »
Because inbounds plays get talked about so often when talking about a lack of coaching,  said no one ever :2funny:

I will say St. Jean's success rate off of timeouts and inbound plays was pretty off the charts.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

TONYD3

« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2020, 12:27:04 PM »
I will say St. Jean's success rate off of timeouts and inbound plays was pretty off the charts.
I bash the staff more then anyone. Out of a timeout St. Jean was great. If the other team was taking a free throw and he had a chance to communicate with a guy or 2 we usually scored or got a really good look.

Johnny23

« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2020, 12:29:47 PM »

That's all well and good but I'll take a coach who's focused on implementing strong rebounding and defensive principles over a coach who draws up good inbounds plays any day.

« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2020, 12:31:45 PM »

* no half-court offense
* free throw shooting
* no inbound plays

This is not encouraging and is compounded by inferior incoming talent

TONYD3

« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2020, 12:33:28 PM »
That's all well and good but I'll take a coach who's focused on implementing strong rebounding and defensive principles over a coach who draws up good inbounds plays any day.
Not really Greg’s fault. He should have been coaching JV basketball some where. The only way he should have gotten into a big East game was with a ticket.

« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2020, 12:36:27 PM »
[/quote
So we are back to the false narative of the recruits being inferior? Most fans are very happy with our class to date as they all are performing at a high level so far this season. HS recruits Posh and Wasu doing well against a national schedule as are the two JUCO recruits. Not to mention your talent evals over the years leave a lot to be desired.

« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2020, 12:55:33 PM »

Well considering we've been out rebounded by double digits in every conference game so far I feel like we've have a lot of things we can improve on.

Johnny23

« Reply #159 on: January 07, 2020, 01:03:32 PM »
Well considering we've been out rebounded by double digits in every conference game so far I feel like we've have a lot of things we can improve on.

Our rebounding isn't the reason we have two losses in conference. Our lack of go to scorers is. Also we've improved tremendously on the glass overall this season which is much more than just two conference games.