Michael Chandler - C - NW FLorida JUCO - Indianapolis, IN - OREGON

• 315 replies
Re: Michael Chandler - C - Lawrence North - Indianapolis, IN
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 12:59:17 AM »
based on the video, he puts the ball on the floor way too much - which would lead to turnovers in the Big East, hopefully he has added muscle mass from two years ago.
You are a tough grader. Haven't had a legit center like this in forever.

lihoop

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 11:24:00 PM »
Celtics11 - just an observation about him putting the ball on the floor - which can be corrected. Chandler does look like a good fit for us at Center.

pmg911

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2012, 08:00:17 AM »
This young man is HIGH risk HIGH reward for St. John's.

ras

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 11:17:23 AM »
He looks like exactly what we need, a bona fide center. We are recruiting Sanchez and have Gift, both didnt even play C at their JC. I would prefer to see Sampson at the 4 and have a true ,quality center. IMO any recruit in addition to that is gravy.[ we already have 4 guards]. That said, I hope we get Sanchez because we could use 2 more post players.

uwsfan

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 03:18:44 PM »
So, has this kid qualified?

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 03:35:08 PM »
So, has this kid qualified?

Not yet.  Still waiting for the NCAA to clear him.

desco80

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 06:17:28 PM »
I haven't seen any of the normal posters who "hear" things comment on Chandler..

Are we heavily involved?  Or is this a situation where the staff was just kicking the tires and we're reading too much into a Zags report?

If the staff is comfortable with his baggage, I hope we land him.   Could really use that bonafied center. 

Marillac

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 06:47:58 PM »
I haven't seen any of the normal posters who "hear" things comment on Chandler..

Are we heavily involved?  Or is this a situation where the staff was just kicking the tires and we're reading too much into a Zags report?

If the staff is comfortable with his baggage, I hope we land him.   Could really use that bonafied center. 

Zags, not surprisingly, decided to investigate Chandler to STJ after the name was dropped on the two sites.

paultzman

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 07:06:52 PM »

This guy never came up with a scoop in his life, good at "borrowing"! His original name was Clifford Notes.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 07:08:10 PM by paultzman »

desco80

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2012, 12:29:53 AM »

Zags, not surprisingly, decided to investigate Chandler to STJ after the name was dropped on the two sites.

I know what you're saying because that is typically Zags mo, but if you look back in this thread jumpinjohnny only bumped the thread a little while after zags posted his article.  Before  that no one had commented on MC since August.   And theres been no discussion on the other site of MC.

That's why I'm asking; has anyone heard, independent of comments on board, about how involved we are with Mike C. ?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:08:39 AM by desco80 »

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2012, 12:57:31 AM »
There was discussion of a mystery big man...this was him.  I bumped the thread when Dave confirmed
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

pmg911

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2012, 06:57:52 AM »
I was told we were very close but needed to get a better handle on where he stood academically

MCNPA

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 08:38:54 AM »
I think we're probably in good shape with him.  Hopefully NCAA gives a verdict so this thing can move forward.  I wouldn't count on anything with this kid just yet before he is first cleared and then signed.  We know he has been a tad frivolous with his commits in the past.  Hopefully he has matured and is ready to move forward in his career.  Lavin is a player's coach and if anybody can get through to different types of kids it is he. 

derk

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2012, 09:54:30 AM »
I think we're probably in good shape with him.  Hopefully NCAA gives a verdict so this thing can move forward.  I wouldn't count on anything with this kid just yet before he is first cleared and then signed.  We know he has been a tad frivolous with his commits in the past.  Hopefully he has matured and is ready to move forward in his career.  Lavin is a player's coach and if anybody can get through to different types of kids it is he.

+1.

I 'll leave it to coach to determine if this is a sensible reach but if there is the slightest uncertainty on the kid I say pass. I don't want coach to be swayed by the talent and I am salivating at the idea of having a legit big time center in this program. However can't let issues stymie the development of this team the way we were blindsided last year.

Poison

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2012, 10:00:47 AM »

If we are not supposed to count on this big man, which big man should we count on? Is there a surprise coming? I hope so.

NYCoffey

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2012, 10:02:23 AM »
From some of the articles I've seen he seems to have grown up a bit. He took a year off from ball to focus on grades which is  a good sign. It sounds like he learned a lot from all of his screwing around.

MCNPA

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2012, 10:15:46 AM »

If we are not supposed to count on this big man, which big man should we count on? Is there a surprise coming? I hope so.

Sanchez a good start.  We don't need that huge post player to be successful, just more height and depth than last year.  Sanchez, Jakarr and gift up front as well as our extra depth should already big a big help.  I agree we could use a guy like chandler a ton.  If we don't land chandler, I still bet we land another big body.  Don't know exactly who.

desco80

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2012, 11:55:51 AM »
I was told we were very close but needed to get a better handle on where he stood academically

Thanks for the confirmation.   Well just have to wait and see about his elidgibility.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:56:19 AM by desco80 »

TheVig

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2012, 11:26:25 PM »
Parris Chandler ‏ @mikechan25 Close
Where in queens can I grab a pair of foams?

I asked him if he was visiting but he replied nahh. Not sure if he's in Queens or planning on it but It was exciting just to see the Q borough mentioned!

Moose

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2012, 12:49:15 AM »
Parris Chandler ‏ @mikechan25 Close
Where in queens can I grab a pair of foams?

I asked him if he was visiting but he replied nahh. Not sure if he's in Queens or planning on it but It was exciting just to see the Q borough mentioned!

That's definitely his name?
Remember who broke the Slice news