Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies

Happy

Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cardozo HS - Bayside, NY
« Reply #1000 on: January 31, 2013, 07:08:32 PM »
Maven and Naclerio = best buds.  There is a reason he is doing this and yes he is still scheduled to visit .

MCNPA

« Reply #1001 on: January 31, 2013, 07:11:17 PM »
Maven and Naclerio = best buds.  There is a reason he is doing this and yes he is still scheduled to visit .

Thanks Happy.  That makes more sense. 

desco80

« Reply #1002 on: January 31, 2013, 07:23:14 PM »
Btw, who announces on Super Bowl Sunday?   Even if it is your birthday, that's still a little strange.   

And Lavin doesn't seem to be worrying, so I'll trust his judgement.  Remember, he came right out and said a few weeks ago that we may not sign anyone.   Either he thinks we'll land Jermaine/Rhyseed, or he's not worried about filling that last scholarship.   
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:36:16 PM by desco80 »

« Reply #1003 on: January 31, 2013, 07:31:01 PM »

Who is Naclerio?

paultzman

« Reply #1004 on: January 31, 2013, 07:32:45 PM »
This whole recruiting saga is strange. Prevailing theory seems to be family desire (SJU) v. handler's (Who knows?)
I would not be surprised either way, just my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:34:04 PM by paultzman »

Happy

« Reply #1005 on: January 31, 2013, 07:34:17 PM »

Who is Naclerio?

Jermaine's old coach at Cardozo .. Who has done us no favors IMO

paultzman

« Reply #1006 on: January 31, 2013, 07:35:58 PM »

Who is Naclerio?

Agree with that Happy!

« Reply #1007 on: January 31, 2013, 07:36:54 PM »

Who is Naclerio?

Agree with that Happy!

Is he an STJ grad? or am I making that up
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #1008 on: January 31, 2013, 07:37:46 PM »

Who is Naclerio?

Agree with that Happy!

Yes, played baseball.

« Reply #1009 on: January 31, 2013, 07:53:18 PM »

Who is Naclerio?

Agree with that Happy!

Yes.  He's always thought he deserves a place on the staff and when Norm didn't hire him what was a tenuous relationship with the school got even worse or at least that's what those posters connected to the NY basketball scene have implied.

Poison

« Reply #1010 on: January 31, 2013, 08:02:06 PM »

Who is Naclerio?

Agree with that Happy!

Yes.  He's always thought he deserves a place on the staff and when Norm didn't hire him what was a tenuous relationship with the school got even worse or at least that's what those posters connected to the NY basketball scene have implied.

We learned right away just how dumb Norm was when he ignored the chance to add a prominent NYC high school coach to the staff. He should have been blackballed from coaching for that alone.

Dan

« Reply #1011 on: January 31, 2013, 08:02:26 PM »
Maven still posts "exclusives"?

Tiznow

« Reply #1012 on: January 31, 2013, 11:00:18 PM »
Who is Maven?

I think he is that old hockey analyst on MSG.  The guy with the beard.

Tiznow

« Reply #1013 on: January 31, 2013, 11:02:24 PM »
Maven's tweet implies the handlers got their way, and that's why he's choosing cincy.

Who to believe?

People in the know have now claimed that he's def signing with us, and def signing with Cincy. 
It would be hilarious if Jermaine ends up picking UNLV or Syracuse.
But I don't see that happening.

Handlers gotta learn, STJ= a direct path to the NBA.   Was true for Moe, will be true for Jakarr after next season probably.

I have asked before with no answer...what do handlers get out of these relationships? And who are they normally?

Hopefully good seats in an NBA arena.  Maybe even next to Spike Lee.

Tiznow

« Reply #1014 on: January 31, 2013, 11:06:49 PM »
Btw, who announces on Super Bowl Sunday?   Even if it is your birthday, that's still a little strange.   

And Lavin doesn't seem to be worrying, so I'll trust his judgement.  Remember, he came right out and said a few weeks ago that we may not sign anyone.   Either he thinks we'll land Jermaine/Rhyseed, or he's not worried about filling that last scholarship.

Why should he be worried?  He's got Sir Dom for two more years.  Jordan or Lawrence are nuts not to sign up to play on the same team with Sir Dom.

« Reply #1015 on: February 01, 2013, 12:01:30 AM »
I know Maven usually has good information, and his connection to Mini-me Fran Savino, among others, means that he probably had legit knowledge to go public with this tweet.  But we heard what SJU79 said on this board.  Let's all remember the back and forth stuff we heard about Jakar last year before he popped for us.  Let's just wait and see how it plays out. 

If Lawrence doesn't come, I'd love to see the staff grab a JUCO big man.  We should be fine at the guard and forward spots, because I think everyone is coming back.

« Reply #1016 on: February 01, 2013, 12:31:04 AM »
I haven't heard anything and this is something I'd normally hear about. I wouldn't be shocked if it were true but after doing some digging today, everyone that I reached out to didn't hear anything about this and was surprised when I brought it up so I wouldn't get too worked up.

Recruiting is funny because sometimes things change quicker than the weather in Florida.

I'd expect Lawrence to announce near Spring signing period not now.

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

« Reply #1017 on: February 01, 2013, 01:08:43 AM »
I haven't heard anything and this is something I'd normally hear about. I wouldn't be shocked if it were true but after doing some digging today, everyone that I reached out to didn't hear anything about this and was surprised when I brought it up so I wouldn't get too worked up.

Recruiting is funny because sometimes things change quicker than the weather in Florida.

I'd expect Lawrence to announce near Spring signing period not now.

Thanks Dave, good to hear. 

« Reply #1018 on: February 01, 2013, 08:42:09 AM »
 Naclerio is a snake-oil salesman who I wouldn't want within a 1,000 yards of this program. We can knock Norm for a lot of his choices, but not bringing Naclerio was not one of them.

Poison

« Reply #1019 on: February 01, 2013, 08:48:32 AM »
Naclerio is a snake-oil salesman who I wouldn't want within a 1,000 yards of this program. We can knock Norm for a lot of his choices, but not bringing Naclerio was not one of them.

Norm brought in no one