Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies
Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cardozo HS - Bayside, NY
« Reply #980 on: January 29, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »
I heard Jermaine is committing in 2 weeks.

Moose told me. lol

Moose

« Reply #981 on: January 29, 2013, 08:09:29 PM »
I heard Jermaine is committing in 2 weeks.

Moose told me. lol

Maher being Maher
Remember who broke the Slice news

RedVet

« Reply #982 on: January 29, 2013, 09:10:01 PM »
Ok. So I heard it was Lavin who asked the kid to postpone the visit. Don't know why. Don't know about the game.

And your source was?

Why ask him for his source?
If he could share it I would think he would have said so and so told me.........
Besides most people with information don't say who their source is because the source most likely won't get or give information if they are outed.

Just think that "I heard" leaves room for doubt. As die-hard, information-hungry fans, we've all "heard" things; question is who have we heard them from? Don't need to have specifics or betray confidences, but it would be nice to validate the veracity of one's sources without revealing them. Nothing more, nothing less.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:12:08 PM by RedVet »

Moose

« Reply #983 on: January 29, 2013, 09:11:22 PM »
Ok. So I heard it was Lavin who asked the kid to postpone the visit. Don't know why. Don't know about the game.

And your source was?

Why ask him for his source?
If he could share it I would think he would have said so and so told me.........
Besides most people with information don't say who their source is because the source most likely won't get or give information if they are outed.

Just think that "I heard" leaves room for doubt. As die-hard, information-hungry fans, we've all "heard" things; question is who have we heard them from?

No doubt.  Lot of ppl blow smoke too.  Gotta take it all in stride.

paultzman

« Reply #984 on: January 30, 2013, 12:34:06 PM »
Fwiw

“@EvanDanielsFOX: Seem to be in good shape for Lawrence RT @craiglaurasam: does he choose St John's?”

paultzman

« Reply #985 on: January 31, 2013, 03:21:14 PM »
FWIW, Maven again tweeting today, Jermaine to Cincy. Seems to be implying commitment on his birthday this Sunday. Hope he is off course.

MCNPA

« Reply #986 on: January 31, 2013, 03:23:24 PM »
FWIW, Maven again tweeting today, Jermaine to Cincy. Seems to be implying commitment on his birthday this Sunday. Hope he is off course.

I hope so too.  Would not be happy to see that.

paultzman

« Reply #987 on: January 31, 2013, 03:26:21 PM »

Me either! Nice moves like these would go well with our nucleus;

“@mainestory: THROWBACK THURSDAY: @CLHTV Jermaine Lawrence Top 20 Senior - Syracuse, UNLV, St Johns or Cincinnati http://t.co/obMxcV0w

DFF6

« Reply #988 on: January 31, 2013, 03:28:45 PM »

Doomed©
copyright of Moose
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 03:29:32 PM by DFF6 »

« Reply #989 on: January 31, 2013, 03:52:53 PM »
Who is Maven?

« Reply #990 on: January 31, 2013, 04:06:25 PM »

Hope hes wrong, at least wait for another visit Jermaine.

Didn't maven predict a Lawrence commitment to us earlier in the season?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #991 on: January 31, 2013, 04:18:51 PM »
Maven's tweet implies the handlers got their way, and that's why he's choosing cincy.

Who to believe?

People in the know have now claimed that he's def signing with us, and def signing with Cincy. 
It would be hilarious if Jermaine ends up picking UNLV or Syracuse.
But I don't see that happening.

Handlers gotta learn, STJ= a direct path to the NBA.   Was true for Moe, will be true for Jakarr after next season probably.   

DFF6

« Reply #992 on: January 31, 2013, 04:21:03 PM »
Maven's tweet implies the handlers got their way, and that's why he's choosing cincy.

Who to believe?

People in the know have now claimed that he's def signing with us, and def signing with Cincy. 

Handlers gotta learn, STJ= a direct path to the NBA.   Was true for Moe, will be true for Jakarr after next season probably.

Good points Desco.   I could use a reassuring post from SJU79 right about now.

gman

« Reply #993 on: January 31, 2013, 04:48:33 PM »

Who to believe?

I have asked before with no answer...what do handlers get out of these relationships? And who are they normally?

Moose

« Reply #994 on: January 31, 2013, 05:02:41 PM »

Who to believe?

I have asked before with no answer...what do handlers get out of these relationships? And who are they normally?

Normally they are not female.

« Reply #995 on: January 31, 2013, 05:18:18 PM »
Maybe I'm crazy
But forget the rankings
We need bigs who can rebound and finish inside
Not to mention CAN shoot free throws!
We need guys who will contribute and make the team better
Not another one and done.
I hope there are some JC guys or sleepers that fit the bill
If he has to follow advisors over his own Mom
 :crazy2:

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #996 on: January 31, 2013, 05:21:50 PM »
With him canceling the visit last weekend, and now this news it all makes sense. I will be really disappointed if we lose this kid. If Lavin wants to take this program to the next level you have got to land top talent like this in your own backyard. Does anyone have any info (79) that could dispute this new info? :'(

MCNPA

« Reply #997 on: January 31, 2013, 05:29:14 PM »
The main issue is that we don't seem to have a bevy of other options.  We really could use another PF who can score inside.  If we lose Lawrence and Jordan, I'll certainly be concerned with no other real options on board.  I hope this report is not correct or some wrong info.  We'll find out. 

paultzman

« Reply #998 on: January 31, 2013, 07:02:11 PM »
Zach B of Post feels JL will still visit SJU.

desco80

« Reply #999 on: January 31, 2013, 07:05:07 PM »

Who to believe?

So this is kind've sensitive territory, and every person's relationships are unique, but I've always understood them to be like middlemen between the family and people that want to talk to the family/kid.
Lot of people want to get near a kid with a promising career, they kind of provide that buffer.   AAU coaches want him to play with their program... talk to Larry.  All Star Game organizer wants the kid to play in his event.... talk to Larry.   Prep School coaches trying to lure the kid... talk to Larry.  And when an assistant coach from Alaska St wants to gauge the kids interest, schedule an unofficial visit, or whatever, he can only call the kid directly so many times and for a certain period, so... he calls Larry. 
Maybe Larry is someone from the neighborhood who went through the process when his brother was being recruited, maybe he's a former summer league coach.. everybody's situation is different, but the bottom line is some families have a family friend that helps them through the process.   In some ways I can see how that's helpful, and in other respects you could say it's clearly leaching off a young man.   

What does the adviser get out of it?  That's a trickier question.. the cynics will say maybe an assistant coaching job down the road, money under the table, or he becomes the kid's 'manager' two years later when he's drafted.   Maybe nothing in some cases.

Let me be clear, I'm not accusing ANYONE of anything.   Just saying that's a summary.  There are others on the board who could tell you more and give you specifics, but it's probably in everyone's best interest if they don't.   
Feel free to add to what I said - I don't portend to know everything, or even a lot.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:09:35 PM by desco80 »