Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cincinnati Transfer - Bayside, NY

• 1791 replies

boo3

Re: Jermaine Lawrence - PF - Cardozo HS - Bayside, NY - CINCINNATI
« Reply #1400 on: February 21, 2013, 04:41:42 PM »
What city outside of NYC do you like?

San Francisco, LA, Miami, Chicago, Washington. That's it. Rest is shit.

LA is the worst city in America.

« Reply #1401 on: February 21, 2013, 05:38:47 PM »
That's too bad. He can use some of that Bearcat cash to buy himself a present.

I am curious - why is it that a kid signs with another program and he is on the take..? I am not saying you are wrong here but are the fans of the other programs wrong when they say tyhe same exact thing about St. John's when they sign a player.

A New Yorker goes to Cincinnati over staying home and being a star, something is up. What is in Cincinnati? If he picks Georgetown, I'm disappointed, but I get it. Duke, UCLA, NC etc, but Cimcinnati? Something smells.

Maybe he likes the city of Cincinnati, maybe he felt more comfortable with the coaches/team, maybe he wanted to get out of NY, maybe he thought it was a better fit for him. It could be anything and its not absurd to think that another school can beat us for a player just by hard work. Bottom line, he is not coming and we will move on

Maybe he likes the city of Cincinnati? Come on now.

Haha I've never been but i'm sure there are people who like it

Poison

« Reply #1402 on: February 21, 2013, 06:41:57 PM »

Uh huh

Poison

« Reply #1403 on: February 21, 2013, 06:42:52 PM »
That's too bad. He can use some of that Bearcat cash to buy himself a present.

I am curious - why is it that a kid signs with another program and he is on the take..? I am not saying you are wrong here but are the fans of the other programs wrong when they say tyhe same exact thing about St. John's when they sign a player.

A New Yorker goes to Cincinnati over staying home and being a star, something is up. What is in Cincinnati? If he picks Georgetown, I'm disappointed, but I get it. Duke, UCLA, NC etc, but Cimcinnati? Something smells.

Maybe he likes the city of Cincinnati, maybe he felt more comfortable with the coaches/team, maybe he wanted to get out of NY, maybe he thought it was a better fit for him. It could be anything and its not absurd to think that another school can beat us for a player just by hard work. Bottom line, he is not coming and we will move on

Maybe he likes the city of Cincinnati? Come on now.

Haha I've never been but i'm sure there are people who like it

You mean, you haven't vacationed there?

« Reply #1404 on: February 21, 2013, 07:05:16 PM »
Downtown Cincy is really nice, clean and right near the river but on the drive from downtown to campus you go through some pretty rough areas.  The campus itself is beautiful and big but the area around it is disgusting.

boo3

« Reply #1405 on: February 21, 2013, 07:11:53 PM »
 You guys act like St. John's is some gorgeous place to spend 2 years of college ball before you go pro.  UVA it is not.

Funny stuff.

Poison

« Reply #1406 on: February 21, 2013, 07:39:04 PM »
Downtown Cincy is really nice, clean and right near the river but on the drive from downtown to campus you go through some pretty rough areas.  The campus itself is beautiful and big but the area around it is disgusting.

What on earth where you doing in Cincinnati?

LJSA

« Reply #1407 on: February 21, 2013, 08:27:30 PM »

San Francisco has great food, but the city is filthy. And try not to get murdered there because the SFPD will never solve the crime and will lie to your family about it.

Poison

« Reply #1408 on: February 21, 2013, 08:32:58 PM »

San Francisco has great food, but the city is filthy. And try not to get murdered there because the SFPD will never solve the crime and will lie to your family about it.

The city is filthy? Well then, forget it!

« Reply #1409 on: February 21, 2013, 08:50:59 PM »

What on earth where you doing in Cincinnati?

Family member had a football game against Cincy.  I stayed downtown and I was shocked at how clean it was.  You could eat dinner off the downtown Cincy streets. Then when I drove north to campus for the game I saw the real Cincinnati and it was not pretty at all.

« Reply #1410 on: February 27, 2013, 04:51:34 PM »

Uh huh

It's always been my opinion, before and after moving here, that LA is an AWFUL place to visit, even more so if you're looking for a cultural, urban experience you'd expect from a big city.  But didn't take long to realize it's a pretty great place to live.

« Reply #1411 on: February 27, 2013, 04:55:40 PM »

To visit I'd add Boston, Nawluns, Charleston, and Seattle.  I actually like me some Baltimore but that's probably because I have very good friends there, some in the restaurant industry who keep me well fed.  Want to get to Portland OR and see what's going on there.  Again, have friends and love the show. ;)

boo3

« Reply #1412 on: February 27, 2013, 05:08:32 PM »

To visit I'd add Boston, Nawluns, Charleston, and Seattle.  I actually like me some Baltimore but that's probably because I have very good friends there, some in the restaurant industry who keep me well fed.  Want to get to Portland OR and see what's going on there.  Again, have friends and love the show. ;)

Portland is a pretty sweet city. Interesting perspective on LA above.  Love Charleston as well.

crgreen

« Reply #1413 on: February 27, 2013, 06:56:02 PM »

Portland is a pretty sweet city. Interesting perspective on LA above.  Love Charleston as well.

Remember not every school is big city.  Y'all are welcome in Blacksburg any time!   Gateway to the big city of Roanoke, VA (pop. 96,000!).   :D

LJSA

« Reply #1414 on: February 28, 2013, 04:54:30 AM »
Seattle didn't do it for me the whopping one time I was there, but I will say that I thought it was the most physically fit city I've been to. I love Santa Fe, and if were are allowing for Canadian cities in the list, I think Vancouver blows a lot of U.S. cities away.

Moose

« Reply #1415 on: February 28, 2013, 09:36:28 AM »
Seattle didn't do it for me the whopping one time I was there, but I will say that I thought it was the most physically fit city I've been to. I love Santa Fe, and if were are allowing for Canadian cities in the list, I think Vancouver blows a lot of U.S. cities away.

Vancouver is pretty much a US city.  Most of Canada doesn't consider them part :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1416 on: February 28, 2013, 05:02:05 PM »
Obi-Wan: That boy is our last hope.
Yoda: No. There is another.

Like I say......
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #1417 on: February 28, 2013, 05:16:33 PM »
Obi-Wan: That boy is our last hope.
Yoda: No. There is another.

Like I say......

Haha classic choz!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

dR3w

« Reply #1418 on: March 01, 2013, 03:05:24 PM »

Remember not every school is big city.  Y'all are welcome in Blacksburg any time!   Gateway to the big city of Roanoke, VA (pop. 96,000!).   :D
I live in Lynchburg, and have been to Blacksburg a bunch of times.  Booming metropolis that it is.

paultzman

« Reply #1419 on: March 01, 2013, 03:14:36 PM »
FWIW, Maven tweeting not to be surprised if Lawrence preps another year.