Who Will Be Most Improved?

• 30 replies

paultzman

Re: Who Will Be Most Improved?
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 02:33:27 PM »
Just a hunch if he gets enough run that Felix will thrive with the point guard play.
He wont get enough run. Lavin loves Greene. Between Greene and DLO the SG position is covered.

Balamou is a three this season.  Minutes will be tough to get,but I am really looking forward to what this kid can offer.  Don't forget, he and Obekpa played a 2-3 defense in high school and AAU. 

Redshirt

guess or happening? Would love that.

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 02:42:43 PM »
Just a hunch if he gets enough run that Felix will thrive with the point guard play.
He wont get enough run. Lavin loves Greene. Between Greene and DLO the SG position is covered.

Balamou is a three this season.  Minutes will be tough to get,but I am really looking forward to what this kid can offer.  Don't forget, he and Obekpa played a 2-3 defense in high school and AAU. 

Redshirt

Guess. But lavin almost did it last year. This year he's got 13 players so what's stopping him? I would love it too, assuming it doesn't run him away.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

QuanMan

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 02:55:17 PM »
Dom is going to take his game to another level this year IMO. His athletic ability and maturity both physically and mentally as a junior is going to be off the charts. When he's assigned to defending inexperienced freshmen, it will immediately be a mismatch .

I look for his numbers to increase exponentially, especially in the steals department. I think we're going to be seeing even more fast break Sporscenter Top 10 dunks for him, and he might battle Obekpa for best defensive player on this team.
Section 3
Section 116

Marillac

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 03:08:35 PM »

Redshirt

Guess. But lavin almost did it last year. This year he's got 13 players so what's stopping him? I would love it too, assuming it doesn't run him away.

I agree. This is a textbook redshirt situation:  a player with a very high ceiling, quality upperclassmen depth at the position, and a kid that could really flourish with more skill and weight training. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:45:58 PM by Marillac »

NYCoffey

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 03:24:17 PM »
With our depth at every position, Jones and Felix should both be red shirted if they are agreeable.  I wouldn't want to force it on them and have them leave though. They could both be important pieces next year.

Moose

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2013, 03:34:26 PM »
With our depth at every position, Jones and Felix should both be red shirted if they are agreeable.  I wouldn't want to force it on them and have them leave though. They could both be important pieces next year.

Would not red-shirt Jones.  Let him get whatever time he can get this year because next year he will be needed more than Felix.
Remember who broke the Slice news

ras

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2013, 05:49:09 PM »
I agree. It is a good time to redshirt Felix. But as Moose said, we might need Jones next year. We are loosing Gift,Orlando and maybe more. Let him get some exp. this year.

Poison

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2013, 06:00:23 PM »
I agree. It is a good time to redshirt Felix. But as Moose said, we might need Jones next year. We are loosing Gift,Orlando and maybe more. Let him get some exp. this year.

I think the only thing that would make it a good idea for both Jones and Felix to not redshirt is injury. Let them go up against great comp in practice for a year. Work on their games. Both could one day be very good, but they're raw.

Marillac

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2013, 06:13:27 PM »

I think the only thing that would make it a good idea for both Jones and Felix to not redshirt is injury. Let them go up against great comp in practice for a year. Work on their games. Both could one day be very good, but they're raw.

We will likely need Jones to step up next year and the game experience is huge for that.  Plus, is he really the type of talent you want holding up a scholarship for an extra year?  This team will start to win and get big time exposures, and Lavin will be able to pull a kid more talented than Jones without much of a problem.

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2013, 06:20:42 PM »

We will likely need Jones to step up next year and the game experience is huge for that.  Plus, is he really the type of talent you want holding up a scholarship for an extra year?  This team will start to win and get big time exposures, and Lavin will be able to pull a kid more talented than Jones without much of a problem.
But if Jones doesn't redshirt and rides pine all year, he might transfer out.  It's a tough one to manage.

Moose

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2013, 07:32:57 PM »

If they redshirt they can still practice though.
Remember who broke the Slice news