APR Rating

• 25 replies
Re: APR Rating
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2014, 07:56:17 PM »
Further they got hurt by Stith leaving mid season lost both his points.

If SJU had a slew of kids flunking or dropping out I would worry.  Nothing like that is happening.

Not to mention they have 2 kids who I would guess could match anyone in the new BE in terms of academic acumen, Hooper and GG.

Stith didn't leave though. He stayed in school.

Also the acumen of Max and Gift don't really matter.  It's keeping kids enrolled.  Even if they declare for the draft (Moe) or transfer (Nuri, Amir).  Its keeping them in good standing and not flying the coop.  If we continue to get high profile recruits who won't last 4 years, this is imperative.

Moose, did Amir fly the coop or finish the semester?

You are right on Stith.

And my point is 11-12 was a one off because of the roster size.

I get it retention matters.  Assuming SJU keeps a full roster or close to it the rest of the way they will be fine.

They are not close to losing a scholarship.

Less concerned with losing a ship since I'm not a believer in 13 anyway.  Its the postseason issues that Uconn went thru that are the worst case scenario.

That would take several years of really bad scores.

I think UCONN had back to back years in the low .800's.

My only point is Lavs is not recruiting dead beats and over the long haul SJU will be fine.

SJU bounces back with an APR of 1000 for the last year, 2012-13, and the 3 year average concluding with 12-13 of 942.  Again the APR itself is misleading to begin with just like last year's 900 for SJU was misleading.  It does not really equate into Academic success.

But my point about not panicking after last year is correct.  SJU is fine.

http://web1.ncaa.org/maps/aprRelease.jsp

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2014, 08:02:21 PM »

If SJU had a slew of kids flunking or dropping out I would worry.  Nothing like that is happening.

Not to mention they have 2 kids who I would guess could match anyone in the new BE in terms of academic acumen, Hooper and GG.

Also the acumen of Max and Gift don't really matter.  It's keeping kids enrolled.  Even if they declare for the draft (Moe) or transfer (Nuri, Amir).  Its keeping them in good standing and not flying the coop.  If we continue to get high profile recruits who won't last 4 years, this is imperative.

You are right on Stith.

I get it retention matters.  Assuming SJU keeps a full roster or close to it the rest of the way they will be fine.

Less concerned with losing a ship since I'm not a believer in 13 anyway.  Its the postseason issues that Uconn went thru that are the worst case scenario.

My only point is Lavs is not recruiting dead beats and over the long haul SJU will be fine.

SJU bounces back with an APR of 1000 for the last year, 2012-13, and the 3 year average concluding with 12-13 of 942.  Again the APR itself is misleading to begin with just like last year's 900 for SJU was misleading.  It does not really equate into Academic success.

Damn we had to wait 11 months for a pat myself on the back post on this thread ?

You could have at least had referenced yourself in the 3rd person like Marillac and NoHope do. Having to wait 11 months you deserve it :)

On a serious note that is good to hear that the score is higher

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »

You are right on Stith.

Damn we had to wait 11 months for a pat myself on the back post on this thread ?

You could have at least had referenced yourself in the 3rd person like Marillac and NoHope do. Having to wait 11 months you deserve it :)

And the SOB who was worried does not even post anymore...LOL!!!

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2014, 08:26:24 PM »

You are right on Stith.

Well according to Paultzman he's either with a new silicone valley start up or starring in the hbo tv show Silicon Valley. I forget which one

And since Moose loves when I hijack threads let me just say that tv show Silicon Valley is freaking funny
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:28:05 PM by mjmaherjr »

Marillac

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2014, 01:35:42 PM »

You are right on Stith.

Nobody puts Moose in the corner.