Who Transfers?

• 575 replies
Re: Who Transfers?
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2016, 11:19:07 AM »
BTW if you look at the poll results Williams giving everyone the finger

Foad

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2016, 11:32:20 AM »
Good grief, I turn my back for a second and the sky is falling again.

Not my style, but that would be a really bad loss. Most of the hope for the future is getting good players and Slice was going to be huge part of that. He gave our recruiting legitimacy

Yes from a BB standpoint it would be bad to lose one of the better recruiters in the game. Perception would be bad depending on where he went and why he and who replaced him. It's also worth noting that he's only had two coaching jobs in his career (Pitt and Manhattan) where he stayed more than two years, so he seems to have a little Larry Brown in him.

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2016, 11:37:12 AM »

Not my style, but that would be a really bad loss. Most of the hope for the future is getting good players and Slice was going to be huge part of that. He gave our recruiting legitimacy

Yes from a BB standpoint it would be bad to lose one of the better recruiters in the game. Perception would be bad depending on where he went and why he and who replaced him. It's also worth noting that he's only had two coaching jobs in his career (Pitt and Manhattan) where he stayed more than two years, so he seems to have a little Larry Brown in him.

He left those places while they were successful. Would look like abandoning ship in this instance
Don't mean to feed the beast but the two people who posted it aren't usually Joe Panic's ( Not to be confused with the kid who plays with the Giants from ST John's)

« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2016, 11:42:09 AM »
Has Slice run point on any recruit currently in the fold?

« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2016, 11:44:45 AM »
Has Slice run point on any recruit currently in the fold?

Ponds?
But what does it matter? Obviously he is a good recruiter. Can he continue that here? Who knows but if he can't..........

Poison

« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2016, 11:57:35 AM »
Hold on, I thought this was the dedicated staff?

Foad

« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2016, 12:13:37 PM »

He left those places while they were successful. Would look like abandoning ship in this instance
Don't mean to feed the beast but the two people who posted it aren't usually Joe Panic's ( Not to be confused with the kid who plays with the Giants from ST John's)

What if he left to star in Glengarry Glen Ross on Broadway or to take the UNLV coaching job or he's marrying Mary Ann Jarou and moving to LA? What if he's stepping aside so that Mullin can afford to hire Jeff Van Gundy as an X and O guy? A month ago everyone was panicking because Lovett was transferring. Fans have become so used to panicking that they panic preemptively.

« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2016, 12:30:43 PM »

What if he left to star in Glengarry Glen Ross on Broadway or to take the UNLV coaching job or he's marrying Mary Ann Jarou and moving to LA? What if he's stepping aside so that Mullin can afford to hire Jeff Van Gundy as an X and O guy? A month ago everyone was panicking because Lovett was transferring. Fans have become so used to panicking that they panic preemptively.

Lovett thing is a good point.

Wait you of all people think having Lavin's sloppy seconds would be a good thing?

Foad

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2016, 12:36:44 PM »

Lovett thing is a good point.

Wait you of all people think having Lavin's sloppy seconds would be a good thing?

Well no but I'm not bald.

« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2016, 12:53:41 PM »
Moose trying to stir thefragile fan base pot
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 12:54:19 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2016, 12:57:25 PM »
He doesn't have a thing on you in that department my Bald-i friend.  ;) :)

paultzman

« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2016, 01:02:23 PM »

Don't think so.

« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2016, 01:10:02 PM »
ST John's basketball-around every corner a dick punch awaits you!
Should be the program's slogan

« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2016, 01:11:24 PM »

Don't think so.

Just busting his balls.

Imagine if I posted this. Haters would be hating lol

« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2016, 01:13:05 PM »
Maybe he's going to Zona with Rawle. His 1st recruit

goredmen

« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2016, 01:15:09 PM »

Don't think so.

What would be the reason behind him leaving or at least considering it?

« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2016, 01:57:21 PM »
There are quite a few head coaching jobs that have opened.

If he left for a HC job, you could understand it.  If he were to bail for an assistants job anywhere else, that would be very damaging.  Would be saying that he can't recruit the big fish for St. John's. If that happens, this whole thing could blow up.

Hope that this is just a rumor like the LoVett bailing thing and that Slice stays and lands us some 5 stars in '17 and '18.

ras

« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2016, 01:58:10 PM »
Amar... Not a big east player
I think from a talent standpoint, he is a he most dispensable. RF is a stretch 4 and a better shooter., Jones provides the. Big body. That said, he has a great attitude and helps w the Euro connection.

ras

« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2016, 01:59:39 PM »
Would hate to see Slice leave. But Matt is an excellent recruiter. If Slice left would like to replace him w Dunlap if feasable.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:02:11 PM by ras »

boo3

« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2016, 02:03:12 PM »
Outside of Rutgers, this is the worst program in major college hoops....and ya'll wonder why someone would leave?