Joe Burton - SF - Lutheran High North - Houston, TX - OKLAHOMA STATE

• 11 replies
Scout.com article and he mentions SJU as school he would like to visit soon.  My guess is being from the Houston area he is friendly with Harrison:

Recruiting wise numerous schools took notice, and now he is gaining more and more attention on the recruiting trail.

“I am hearing from Oklahoma, West Virginia, Arkansas, Pepperdine, and a few others,” said Burton.

At this point the only visit that Burton has taken is to Oklahoma. For Burton that trip went very well.

“Oklahoma was great,” Burton explained. “They are a real up tempo team. I was just real comfortable there. I kind of felt at home.”

In terms of schools he plans to visit coming up, Burton said, “I plan on visiting West Virginia, St. John’s, Texas A&M, and Texas.”

Burton says that West Virginia is a school that he has always followed and likes.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1231559.html
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:55:59 PM by Moose »

paultzman

Re: Joe Burton - SF - Lutheran High North - Houston, TX
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 11:38:42 AM »
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 11:40:07 AM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 12:59:07 PM »
With the Under Armour Invitational in Dallas, Texas over, we reflect on some of the players who really stood out above-and-beyond the competition, playing some of their best basketball. Players like Joe Burton, Myles Turner, Isaiah Whitehead, Brady Ellingson, Quentin Snider and more put forth some incredible performances throughout the weekend. Catch a look at what some of the top performers did in Dallas.

JOSEPH BURTON - SF - 2014 - HOUSTON DEFENDERS
6-7 - ATASOCITA H.S. - PORTER, TX
Burton was a work-horse all weekend for the Defenders, leading them to the UA Invitational 17U title. Burton scored 20+ in a couple different games, rebounded the ball and made plays offensively in a variety of ways. His athleticism combined with his size was a problem for defending opponents each game as Burton was able to play on the perimeter when the defense sagged and hit some shots outside, but then blow by defenders to the rim when up too tight. Burton was explosive and dominant much of the tournament.

“@ny2lasports: 2013 UNDER ARMOUR INVITATIONAL - TOP PERFORMERS http://shar.es/wn0HK @paulbiancardi @reggierankin @bowncewithme @HWHoopsCentral”
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:59:53 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 08:22:44 PM »
Doesn't sound like SJU is involved anymore with Burton.

When it comes to his recruitment, several schools are showing Burton significant attention.

“Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, and Missouri are all talking to me,” said Burton. “I am hoping to visit all of those schools.”

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1307461.html

paultzman

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 05:05:34 PM »
“@EvanDanielsFOX: Joe Burton continued his summer climb today. Made a handful of threes and mixed in a few drives.”

Foad

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »
Doesn't sound like SJU is involved anymore with Burton.

When it comes to his recruitment, several schools are showing Burton significant attention.

“Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, and Missouri are all talking to me,” said Burton. “I am hoping to visit all of those schools.”

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1307461.html

Are he and Harrison still BFFs?

paultzman

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 09:17:52 AM »
 Four-star small forward Joe Burton continued his strong run for the Houston Defenders at Summer Jam. After going for 35 in Wednesday night's opening round, the 6-foot-6 wing dropped in another 31 on Thursday. Most noticeable is how well Burton has been shooting the ball, and after a quiet stretch he hit four three-pointers in a row while scoring a flurry of points in rapid fire fashion. Burton is brimming with confidence at this point, and it shows with how sure of himself he has been off the dribble. Burton currently sits just outside the national top 100, but that will be changing when the Rivals150 gets updated after the summer.

“@ebosshoops: Here's my coverage from Under Armour Summer Jam with new vid of Diamond Stone (free) http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1526716

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 02:16:32 AM »
A scoring Dom Pointer clone. Wouldn't mind seeing SJU get involved.

Harrison and Burton are friends.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 08:01:33 AM »

Are they still involved?

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 04:02:50 PM »

Are they still involved?

Never really were. He came on campus on unofficial. Was in town and went to see D'Angelo. Very informal.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 08:55:36 PM »
Oklahoma State
Remember who broke the Slice news