1/11 vs Depaul

• 107 replies

TONYD3

Re: 1/11 vs Depaul
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2020, 04:23:13 PM »
To be fair I think a lot of people weren’t paying attention to this one. Couldn’t even get it on TV in Baltimore so had to listen on the radio.

What is fair about that? Sorry you spend time in Baltimore. I heard it’s beautiful this time of year. Go back to your hole

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2020, 04:55:39 PM »
I think the guys did a good job today of playing together. We had some good contributions at different times from a lot of players.

I'm glad Dunn got nod over Champagnie. I think Dunn made the most of it and Champagnie responded well off the bench with key contributions in the 2nd half.

Still some things that are still concerning moving forward. We were -11 on rebounding margin. This was masked by +11 on turnover margin. Still waiting for a game where Heron and LJ are both clicking.

Bottom line is we won a game at home we were supposed to win. Lets build on that.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Johnny23

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2020, 05:00:14 PM »
Well aware. Fun day today guys. Wish we were 2-2. But season is still in good shape

Indeed. 12-5 and the best is yet to come. Anderson on track for his 18th consecutive above .500 season.

Johnny23

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2020, 05:02:16 PM »
still looks rough and still think the team isnt very good. nice to get a win. and it is strange to see people only post during losses

Haters gonna hate. Real fans stick by their team through thick and thin. The only game I didn't enjoy this year was the G'town game. Out of 17 games played that's not a bad stat. Anderson has this program going in the right direction. It takes time.

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2020, 05:17:34 PM »
Haters gonna hate. Real fans stick by their team through thick and thin. The only game I didn't enjoy this year was the G'town game. Out of 17 games played that's not a bad stat. Anderson has this program going in the right direction. It takes time.

Having concerns or questioning is not hating. Everyone here wants to win, be successful, and do it consistently.

While I'm a DePaul believer they are still projected to be the 10th place team. We played better than them today and deserved to win however there are take aways from today's game that are both positive and negative.

We have an uphill climb rest of year. We need to be better if we plan to steal some games on the road.

« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2020, 05:30:18 PM »
Having concerns or questioning is not hating. Everyone here wants to win, be successful, and do it consistently.

While I'm a DePaul believer they are still projected to be the 10th place team. We played better than them today and deserved to win however there are take aways from today's game that are both positive and negative.

We have an uphill climb rest of year. We need to be better if we plan to steal some games on the road.

I agree...questions, concerns,analysis are what this board is all about...I enjoy the posts that are positive and also the ones that have constructive criticism...the ones I do not care for are the ones that end up being straight bashing or even insulting to fellow posters...then again, I’m an old man, so maybe time has passed me by and that’s what the keyboard is for...enjoy the win people!!!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 06:19:43 PM by Johnnies93!! »

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2020, 05:49:52 PM »
I agree...questions, concerns,analysis are what this board is all about...I enjoy the posts that are positive and also the ones that have constructive criticism...the ones I do not care for are the ones that end up being straight bashing or even insulting to fellow posters...then again, I’m an old mad, so maybe time has passed me by and that’s what the keyboard is for...enjoy the win people!!!!

I'm with you 100%. Its something I've been trying to clean up because it's been the worst it's ever been.

cjfish

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2020, 06:45:42 PM »
DePaul had 12 less shots so the rebounding was okay. More opportunities at defensive rebounds accounts for most of the differential. TOs continue to be strong. If we play the kind of D this team has shown (except for first half of GT game) we will be in most games and win our share

Johnny23

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2020, 06:51:13 PM »

You can question or have concerns based on false premises, ill will or hate. Clearly some on here are more transparent about it than others.

Every W in conference is a good win especially with how deep the conference is this year.

As I said outside of the G'town game we've basically been competitive in every game this season. That's a nod to the coaching staff. The team has a lot of underclassmen that will only get better. My expectations for this team haven't changed based on what I've seen through 17 games. I always thought we'd be fighting to stay out of the bottom tier of the league but be competitive and scrappy due to Anderson's style. I had them at 16 wins before the year but it's tracking more to be an 18+ win season with multiple Top 25 wins which I'll be more than happy with in Year 1.

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2020, 07:16:10 PM »
DePaul had 12 less shots so the rebounding was okay. More opportunities at defensive rebounds accounts for most of the differential. TOs continue to be strong. If we play the kind of D this team has shown (except for first half of GT game) we will be in most games and win our share

Good points on rebounding.

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2020, 07:19:59 PM »
You can question or have concerns based on false premises, ill will or hate. Clearly some on here are more transparent about it than others.

So let me get this straight you say it's ok to question or have concerns about the team because you're wrong or a hater for thinking it.

This might be my favorite post of all time. So if we miss a bunch of shots and I say man we're a bad shooting team I must be a hater or it's false premises the ball didn't go in the hoop because we're bad at shooting.

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2020, 07:24:19 PM »
Dave ur a loser go root for Nebraska and get off this board

TONYD3

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2020, 07:25:12 PM »
So let me get this straight you say it's ok to question or have concerns about the team because you're wrong or a hater for thinking it.

This might be my favorite post of all time. So if we miss a bunch of shots and I say man we're a bad shooting team I must be a hater or it's false premises the ball didn't go in the hoop because we're bad at shooting.
You questioned nothing for 4 years.

wpc77

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2020, 07:42:50 PM »
I'm with you 100%. Its something I've been trying to clean up because it's been the worst it's ever been.

Thanks for your efforts, Dave.  Appreciate the use of this site

Johnny23

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2020, 07:44:26 PM »

I said "based on false premises, ill will or hate".  What the hell does missing a bunch of shots and saying we're a bad shooting team have to do with that phrase?

Absolutely nothing is the answer. That's weak man. At least be able to comprehend what I'm saying if you're going to respond in kind. The example you used is surface level and not pertinent to my point. You know better.

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2020, 07:51:36 PM »
Dave ur a loser go root for Nebraska and get off this board

You nailed it.

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2020, 07:53:41 PM »
You questioned nothing for 4 years.

If that's the way you want to remember it fine but far from true. I think this has been discussed at length. You can revisit those threads or if you'd like click on my post history and scroll through at your leisure.

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2020, 07:57:01 PM »
I said "based on false premises, ill will or hate".  What the hell does missing a bunch of shots and saying we're a bad shooting team have to do with that phrase?

Absolutely nothing is the answer. That's weak man. At least be able to comprehend what I'm saying if you're going to respond in kind. The example you used is surface level and not pertinent to my point. You know better.

Hypothetical analogy

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2020, 08:09:43 PM »
I am 1000% right ...people leaving and u keep missing Matt A ....See ya

Rodman

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2020, 08:12:31 PM »

What exactly are you doing to clean it up?  This board is a joke.  I bet a lot of posters are afraid to share because anytime Tony says something halfway reasonable or logical he gets annihilated for it.  The vitriol on this board is totally one directional.  I have been a fan of this program since 1985.  I will continue to root for the team regardless of the coach.  I would never root for them to lose because I don't like the coach.