Roger Rubin with a joke of a comment towards johnnyjungle.com

• 8 replies
Roger Rubin with a joke of a comment towards johnnyjungle.com
« on: February 19, 2010, 08:46:09 PM »
No harm, no foul: Roberts said yesterday that there would be no disciplinary action against either Kennedy or Sean Evans for engaging a fan in a heated dialogue outside Carnesecca Arena after the Seton Hall loss. A St. John's fan website first reported the dispute as "a fight."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/2010/02/19/2010-02-19_st_johns_needs_its_floor_general_dj_kennedy_to_be_on_his_game_if_red_storm_wants.html?r=sports&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fsports+%28Sports%29&utm_content=Twitter#ixzz0g2IylYjs

Re: Roger Rubin with a joke of a comment towards johnnyjungle.com
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 08:49:22 PM »
First problem I have with this is he couldn't give the site credit by name?  Second problem is the need for him to bring up that Dave "incorrectly" labeled the incident as a fight.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 09:19:11 PM »
People need to look up the definition of a "fight."  A "fight" does not have to be physical.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&defl=en&q=define:fight&ei=Y0Z_S5LmNMXJlAfYm_n-AQ&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title&ved=0CAYQkAE

Fight- an intense verbal dispute
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 09:41:16 PM »
DJ got into some sort of fight in Taffner. Evans and another player might have been involved. Details will surely come out soon. Very disappointing.

Fight can be physical, confrontation, dispute, altercation.

I find that they couldn't address the site by name funny. It's ok. I generally like Rubin's stuff
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 10:32:55 PM »
As far as I've seen, the NY papers - and a number of others - don't give names to websites that would, well, provide more information than the main papers do.  Makes sense.  it's bad business.  But the more blog friendly outlets - SNY, Louisville Courier-Journal's basketball blogger - are more ok dropping the names of sites (if not links).  That's what I've seen anyway.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 07:43:51 AM »
The Newark examiner has used the name of the site before
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 08:02:16 AM »
Glad to see Rog got my back! lol.

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 04:07:03 PM »
No need to expose oneself to legal problems.  It is always safer not to name the site if not necessary.

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 09:42:28 PM »
Also, the St. John's official twitter feed run by the SID took a mini-jab at JohnnyJungle.  Here is the tweet:

"STJ Starters: Boooothe, Horne, KENNEDY, Mason Jr., EVANS. @STJ_Basketball and RedStormSports.com: Always the OFFICIAL WORD, baby! #stjbb"
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap