Norm is coming back..

• 66 replies
Re: Norm is coming back..
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2010, 07:33:54 AM »
yeah i do. omari wanted to come. st. johns is his favorite team. and he is a new yorker hands down.  and i remember that game him and kevin was balling that game. also winston graham was killing for us. damn there was a game i wished i had tapped of when he went up against dc assault in duke. man he was going off. that was the game when his stock was the highest. but oh well. he just has to get it back. i think he will for the nit

dont you think rob thomas was norms best recruit coming in?? Ive heard he was expected to jump straight to the NBA before the 1 year removed rule.
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2010, 10:19:07 AM »
kob, can you replace norm?
no i dont have the money or the heart for that. im the 1st to admit it im a good solider. not so much of a good leader. plus i like norm
What refreshing honesty. Thanks.

pmg911

« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2010, 01:14:47 PM »
yeah i do. omari wanted to come. st. johns is his favorite team. and he is a new yorker hands down.  and i remember that game him and kevin was balling that game. also winston graham was killing for us. damn there was a game i wished i had tapped of when he went up against dc assault in duke. man he was going off. that was the game when his stock was the highest. but oh well. he just has to get it back. i think he will for the nit

dont you think rob thomas was norms best recruit coming in?? Ive heard he was expected to jump straight to the NBA before the 1 year removed rule.

I am not sure about the NBA part but this might be a fair statement in terms of potential coming in.

Rob had a ton of ability but always battled his weight and then had that devastating injury.

« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2010, 03:22:37 PM »
kob, can you replace norm?
no i dont have the money or the heart for that. im the 1st to admit it im a good solider. not so much of a good leader. plus i like norm

Kob, do you like Norm as our coach?

kob24

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2010, 11:41:02 PM »
rob before he was injured was a pro. he was mvp of abcd. he got injured while he was at south kent i belive. remember he orginally commited to arizona.

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2010, 01:22:00 AM »
rob before he was injured was a pro. he was mvp of abcd. he got injured while he was at south kent i belive. remember he orginally commited to arizona.
KOB as I recall the catastrophic knee injury occured during a pick-up game at St. John's.  Ron Linfonte was the first person to see him and that's why he called it the worst injury of it's kind he's ever seen.  The struggles with weight did indeed began at South Kent and seemed to change him from the explosive wing player we saw at ABCD camp to a guy who played on the low block.  I can remember seeing a game against Paterson School where he played really well in limited minutes against Davon Jefferson, a guy who would end up at USC with O.J. Mayo and get an NBA cup of coffee.  And he originally committed to South Florida before St. John's

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2010, 01:36:33 AM »
KOB as I recall the catastrophic knee injury occured during a pick-up game at St. John's.  Ron Linfonte was the first person to see him and that's why he called it the worst injury of it's kind he's ever seen.  The struggles with weight did indeed began at South Kent and seemed to change him from the explosive wing player we saw at ABCD camp to a guy who played on the low block.  I can remember seeing a game against Paterson School where he played really well in limited minutes against Davon Jefferson, a guy who would end up at USC with O.J. Mayo and get an NBA cup of coffee.  And he originally committed to South Florida before St. John's

Did he hurt himself before that time in Taffner too? I forget. However I was playing ball in Taffner when Rob hurt himself. It was such a weird fall, it didn't look like he hurt himself yet he was in extreme agony.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle