Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies
Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #340 on: September 23, 2011, 03:48:40 PM »
Lol just said in another thread I am not mad at them for looking at options but C'mon dude go out of conference. It is all good maurice Harkless will chewy him out and spit him out next year :knuppel2:
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #341 on: September 23, 2011, 04:14:01 PM »
If Sampson spends the entire year at Brewster again and then goes to PC, they will have a Top 10 Class.
Providence is already ranked at #5 with the latest rankings.  Of course, this possible mess in the making has nothing to do with rankings.  Secondly, if JaKarr hears Ed and staff out, it's his choice.  But if he goes there of his own volition, then I will make judgments about his character and frame of mind when it comes to decision making.  On that note, I generally wonder how many recruits sign the LOI in November of their senior year, and then later regret it when on campus thinking, "Shoot, I'm locked in, but this really isn't the place for me. I made a mistake." There have to be some who do not think through their choice.  But they're stuck because of the LOI. 

Most frosh go through growing pains missing home.  I wonder what part that will play on Norvel.  Months ago, when the rumors started, I was on the side of any frosh, athlete or not, goes through a process when they're finally away from home.  I can only wonder with all the current stress if familiarity and longing for home is what gives Norvel doubts.

« Reply #342 on: September 23, 2011, 04:24:30 PM »
Hopefully we get some kind of sign if we still have interest in him (or if he has interest in us) soon.

Moose

« Reply #343 on: September 23, 2011, 04:59:09 PM »
If Sampson spends the entire year at Brewster again and then goes to PC, they will have a Top 10 Class.

They arguably have one now, no?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #344 on: September 23, 2011, 05:20:25 PM »

They arguably have one now, no?
Moose - yes - they're at #5 already

Marillac

« Reply #345 on: September 23, 2011, 08:42:03 PM »
What is this kid thinking? He has good friends at STJ and 25-30 mpg waiting for him.  Is he really that afraid of Gathers?

Poison

« Reply #346 on: September 23, 2011, 09:21:40 PM »
What is this kid thinking? He has good friends at STJ and 25-30 mpg waiting for him.  Is he really that afraid of Gathers?

If he really is looking elsewhere because of pt we don't want him. Only a princess would do that.

« Reply #347 on: September 23, 2011, 10:36:32 PM »

I'm wondering the same thing because I know he loves St. Johns or at least did. I wouldn't think it would be Gathers coming in because they are very different players from each other. My only guess could be he doesn't trust the staff after the Philly debacle but even that doesn't seem fair. Hopefully he is just looking around to make sure he 100% wants to stay at St. Johns

« Reply #348 on: September 26, 2011, 12:38:21 PM »
Providence and Baylor on Brewster campus today.

NYCoffey

« Reply #349 on: September 26, 2011, 12:42:29 PM »
I also saw something about Kansas being I at one point to look at him.

FWIW he is still in contact with Garrett and Pelle, so hopefully he still has loyalty to the guys he committed with. Garrett seems to be a leader and hopefully reminds him of what they can do at St. Johns.

« Reply #350 on: September 26, 2011, 02:06:07 PM »
I must admit I vacillate between being hopeful our 3 wayward recruits intend to remain in the fold and upset with Jakarr and Norvel that they do not seem fully committed to ST J. However I now think the best course of action we can take right now is to take a chill pill and just remain hopeful they all end up at ST J. They are 18 years old and were thrown a curve ball and may just need time to sort things out. Besides if coach Lavin really still wants them back it is his job to rerecruit them and remember he did a very good job the first time.

LJSA

« Reply #351 on: September 26, 2011, 07:47:40 PM »
Providence and Baylor on Brewster campus today.

How much money was in the Baylor duffle bag?

TONYD3

« Reply #352 on: September 26, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »
Why would anyone want to go to Baylor?

pmg911

« Reply #353 on: September 27, 2011, 09:00:39 AM »
and I think one particular poster here referred to BEB as a sewer...

MCNPA

« Reply #354 on: September 27, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »
To get back on topic, I'd be pisses if Jakarr ends up picking another big east school like Providence.   It's not like Lavin spurned Jakarr ala Jim Calhoun spurning Harkless.  Lavi. Was committed to getting Jakarr in here and being part of the close-knit group we were trying to build.

mkras99

« Reply #355 on: September 27, 2011, 09:38:05 AM »
To get back on topic, I'd be pisses if Jakarr ends up picking another big east school like Providence.   It's not like Lavin spurned Jakarr ala Jim Calhoun spurning Harkless.  Lavi. Was committed to getting Jakarr in here and being part of the close-knit group we were trying to build.

I forget, how did Calhoun spurn Harkless?

Moose

« Reply #356 on: September 27, 2011, 09:58:33 AM »

He brought in a guy or two after his verbal last year.  The German guy I think.  And some other one.

MCNPA

« Reply #357 on: September 27, 2011, 10:09:48 AM »

He brought in a guy or two after his verbal last year.  The German guy I think.  And some other one.

Uconn fans say it was a bit more than that even from the pieces I remember. 

Moose

« Reply #358 on: September 27, 2011, 10:11:07 AM »

Uconn fans say it was a bit more than that even from the pieces I remember. 

Can you expand?

« Reply #359 on: September 27, 2011, 10:37:44 AM »

So Harkless decommiting after another guy or two commit too makes it Calhoun spurning Harkless (if thats the real or main reason he decommited). Yet people were ripping Sampson that maybe hes opening up his commitment again because of Gathers and competition. You cant have it both ways.

Moose im not talking about you, im just talking about people on this site in general.