Xavier Predictions

• 65 replies
Re: Xavier Predictions
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2013, 05:13:23 PM »
I am one of the few Harrison backers on this board and I would put Harrison behind Bootsy, Hatten and Hardy.
I am one of the few Harrison backers on this board and I would put Harrison behind Bootsy, Hatten and Hardy.

I am huge Harrison fan, too. If anything, he's much closer to Hardy than Hatten and Bootsy. Since Lou retired, IMO, it's in this order: Artest, Hatten, Bootsy, Barkley, Postell, Brownlee and then Harrison.

Brownlee over Hardy?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2013, 05:19:11 PM »
Shooting guards since I have been a fan:
(Listing Hardy and Hatten as 2's becuase they rrally weren't point guards)
1. Mullin
2. Hatten
3. Bootsy
4. Lopez
5. Hardy
6. Harrison
7. Rowan
8. Wrght

Tha Kid

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2013, 05:31:34 PM »
1. Mullin
2. Hatten
3. Bootsy
4. Lopez
5. Hardy
6. Harrison
7. Rowan
8. Wrght

Felipe belongs in more of a SF list, doesn't he (esp. if we are going based on what they were rather than necessarily what they played)?  Tough to run him up against great shooters when he was more of a prototype 6'6 slasher.

Also, Wright ahead of Paris Horne?
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2013, 05:58:13 PM »

I am huge Harrison fan, too. If anything, he's much closer to Hardy than Hatten and Bootsy. Since Lou retired, IMO, it's in this order: Artest, Hatten, Bootsy, Barkley, Postell, Brownlee and then Harrison.

Brownlee over Hardy?

Yea, that was an oversight.

Moose

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2013, 07:11:42 PM »
I predict we win.
Oh wait is this the right place for that?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2013, 08:10:32 PM »
75-60 Xavier

Poison

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2013, 08:43:26 PM »
1. Mullin
2. Hatten
3. Bootsy
4. Lopez
5. Hardy
6. Harrison
7. Rowan
8. Wrght

I don't see how anyone that watched him play could put Lopez in the top ten. He was a lousy shooter. He wasn't even a volume shooter. I honestly think he had blurred vision.

There are not many shooting guards that I wouldn't take over him in the last 20 years, but I agree w Kid in that he was really a 3, more than a 2. He went strong to the basket, but he simply couldn't shoot, so he it wasn't often that he was given the opportunity to drive. At least not until his senior year.

An underrated SG IMO is Postell. His jumper improved leaps and bounds by his senior year, and he rose to the occasion against top competition. Something it took Lopez 4 years to do.

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2013, 08:47:12 PM »
81-79 SJU

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2013, 09:01:19 PM »
67-63. Us.

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2013, 09:15:20 PM »
Lopez was a hooting guard who did not shoot very well. He was still a good player on some bad teams and one ok team. 2 or 3 is splitting hairs anyway in college. If we were going with best shooting two guards it would be a very small list:
1. Mullin who also technically was a 3
2. Rowan no matter what Fun says
3. Bootsy
4. Hardy
5. Wright
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 09:16:00 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2013, 09:16:51 PM »
67-63. Us.

That is a name from the past.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 09:17:20 PM by we are sju »

Poison

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2013, 09:33:15 PM »
Lopez was a hooting guard who did not shoot very well. He was still a good player on some bad teams and one ok team. 2 or 3 is splitting hairs anyway in college. If we were going with best shooting two guards it would be a very small list:
3. Bootsy
4. Hardy
5. Wright

Who is Wright? Larry Wright??

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2013, 09:49:30 PM »
3. Bootsy
4. Hardy
5. Wright

Who is Wright? Larry Wright??

Yes Larry Legend. If you go by form he would be number 1. Sadly Norm was a dope

Tiznow

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2013, 10:46:38 PM »
This team shoots over 46% and keeps the opposition under 40%.

These are promising stats.  Unfortunately, this Xavier team boasts the same numbers.

This is a tough opener, but not as tough as Wisconsin in ND and Syracuse at MSG.

The johnnies put it together and pull out a win similar to the opener on the road against West Virginia three years ago. 

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2013, 10:52:39 PM »
SJU 68

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2013, 12:25:20 AM »
I had the same thought Tiznow.  Three years ago, we opened at West Virginia, who had beaten us pretty good in the Huggy-bear era and had a good team.  We then went to Providence -- always a difficult place to play and had Gtown at the Garden.  Here is hoping that these three turn out something close to those three.  I remember when we beat WVU that first game, a poster on this board -- maybe Fordham or Moose -- stated "and the Big East just took notice."  I think teams are more aware of our potential now, but let's hope that come tomorrow at around 2:00 pm, someone can post something similar.

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2013, 12:46:29 AM »
Xavier- 76
St. John's- 74

ForeverYoung

• king and the pawn end up in the same box
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2013, 12:59:54 AM »
i see SJU winning by  14 and Phil G or Branch being  player of the game!

« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2013, 01:08:42 AM »
1. Mullin
2. Hatten
3. Bootsy
4. Lopez
5. Hardy
6. Harrison
7. Rowan
8. Wrght

Michael Porter
Paris Horne
Showtime

desco80

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2013, 08:03:40 AM »
 I stand by what I said, Harrison > Bootsy.   
And you forget how much time Dangelo has left, at this point Bootsy was just beginning his SJU career.   If the biggest knock is that Harrison doesn't have the big moments that Bootsy had, then just wait - he's never been on a team that was capable of doing damage in the BE or NCAa tournaments.  Until now