Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies
Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2010, 12:26:10 PM »
Oregon is going to make a strong push for Pelle now.

I mentioned the same on Redmen.com.  I also think Washington will do the same.

Marillac

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2010, 06:49:10 PM »
Damn!!!

Still think the kid is about the same as Jack?  I've never seen a kid as big get eye level with the rim like him.  It's absurd how high he gets up.

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2010, 08:39:58 AM »
May take a trip to "Midnight Madness" in Kansas (not etched in stone).

Per Rivals.... Who has the most important visitors for Midnight Madness?

Meyer: I don't know that any school has more on the line for Midnight Madness than Kansas. With only one 2011 commitment in the fold, Kansas has three of its top 2011 targets - Angelo Chol, Ben McLemore and LeBryan Nash - scheduled to be on campus. Several top underclass recruits will be on campus as well, but the priority is securing another quality recruiting class in 2011.

Bossi: That's a tough question because there are several schools that have massive groups of prospects coming in. The two that stand out to me are Kansas and Indiana. Kansas will have a top-five 2011 guy in LeBryan Nash, another five-star in Ben McLemore and possibly five-star Norvel Pelle (status of visit is still a little up in the air). In addition, the Jayhawks have their primary point guard targets from 2012 in Marcus Paige and Nino Jackson on campus. Then, from the class of 2013, they'll have the nation's top No. 1, 3, and 10 prospects in Andrew Harrison, Julius Randle and Aaron Harrison.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1138840

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2010, 09:37:44 PM »
Damn!!!

Still think the kid is about the same as Jack?  I've never seen a kid as big get eye level with the rim like him.  It's absurd how high he gets up.

Seeing more video on him I'm becoming more impressed.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2010, 09:54:17 PM »
any news on when/if hes visiting and how likely we are to grab him?

Marillac

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2010, 12:26:03 AM »

I think our chances are fading, but I trust in Lavin and the kid is Lavin's most connected city.  It's just so difficult to fend of schools like Kansas at this point when we haven't made the tournament in eight years. 

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2010, 12:51:18 AM »

I think our chances are fading, but I trust in Lavin and the kid is Lavin's most connected city.  It's just so difficult to fend of schools like Kansas at this point when we haven't made the tournament in eight years. 

I wouldn't say our chances are fading, as there hasn't been much talk about his recruitment on any front (even from the respective schools who are recruiting him).  He's still in the midst of setting up officials.

Kansas will be a formidable team to fend off for his services, but it seems we're in a good position to land Pelle.

Some of these kids like to keep things close to the vest before making an announcement.  Remember, it seemed like there was a lull with Sampson and then his name resurfaces when he visited Tennessee.

Basically, a week or so later he commits to St. John's.  Maybe, Pelle waits until the spring before he decides on a college.  I'm sure we'll hear something from Pelle and his camp before this month is over.

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2010, 01:07:03 AM »
It appears the only two big guys Lavin is recruiting who look to be Big East players are Pelle and God's Gift.  FOr that reason i would think he is condfident in landing these players.  I have no idea what is in Pelle's head but looking at Lavin's actions regarding his pf/c recruits, ill trust him.

I remember when it didnt look like Nick Johnson or Jabari Brown were coming and wondered who would be recruited as a sg.  Then all of a sudden Harrison and Greene show up on our list.  Same for PG...as the position was dwinding we wondered why Lavin never contacted Cook in the month of September, went after Mack or offered Guererro and that was b/c he was confident he had Lindsey (which i wish would be official).

Hopefully this is the case with Pelle and God's Gift.   

« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 01:10:03 AM by B-Squared »

kjd01067

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2010, 08:38:08 PM »
^^^

Lavin chasing Pelle

Steve Lavin has been trying to get Norvel Pelle all summer. Do you consider Pelle an impact freshman or a limited offensive player with major shot-blocking ability? Do you think that the positive momentum with the program will benefit Lavin? Thanks.

- Vito from Yonkers

Pelle is an impact freshman because he is a phenomenal shot blocker and all-around athlete. Yes, he is limited offensively, but I don't know of a 2011 big man who can run the floor, rebound, block shots and play above the rim as a finisher like Pelle can.

St. John's has been a prominent player in Pelle's recruitment if not the outright leader. The string of commitments by forwards and guards can only help Lavin's chances of landing this post player and what would be his first 2011 West Coast recruit.

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2010, 09:10:01 PM »
pelle would be great in lavins system no doubt about it

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2010, 12:43:38 AM »
Per Zags....  Pretty much what I heard a couple of months ago.

Compton (Calif.) forward Norvel Pelle may wait until the spring to sign, a source with knowledge says

[tweet]http://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/28526981050[/tweet]

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2010, 12:19:56 AM »
It seems we're gonna get a visit before the early signing period is over....  Pelle also recently spoke to Lavin.

Things are moving fast and furious tonight in the world of college hoops recruiting….

**First off, Norvel Pelle told me tonight by phone that he plans to visit St. John’s and Washington, but didn’t have the specific dates nailed down.

“I’m starting visits next week,” he said.

The NCAA early signing period runs Nov. 10-17 and Pelle said he hoped to take “two or three” visits before it ends.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/10/30/pelle-planning-visits-kabongo-decommits-boatright-likes-uconn/#more-41788

« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2010, 12:27:36 PM »
are we the favorite for him?
i would think so since we fit his playing style great but thats just me

TONYD3

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2010, 12:34:18 PM »
I am not sure the rules, If Pelle or another doesn't sign by NOV. 17 they can't sign until spring. Is that correct?

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2010, 12:43:02 PM »
I am not sure the rules, If Pelle or another doesn't sign by NOV. 17 they can't sign until spring. Is that correct?

Yes .....see the recruit listing page.  http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=1687.0

Early Signing Period November 10-17, 2010

Late Signing Period April 13 - May 18, 2011
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2010, 05:12:57 PM »
Visit next weekend?

[tweet]http://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/29310312270[/tweet]

Wods317

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2010, 05:53:41 PM »
Visit next weekend?

[tweet]http://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/29310312270[/tweet]

That would be awesome to get him to visit before the early signing period and also we have a exhibition game against Westmont College Saturday so he can see the team in action.

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2010, 05:54:47 PM »
http://johnnyjungle.com/recruiting/calendar/

I have a lot of resources on this site. Be sure to check them out.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2010, 12:41:02 AM »
are we the favorite for him?
i would think so since we fit his playing style great but thats just me
can someone answer me please lol -_-