Ricardo Gathers - PF - Riverside Academy - Reserve, LA - BAYLOR

• 1016 replies
Re: Ricardo Gathers - PF - Riverside Academy - Reserve, LA - BAYLOR
« Reply #980 on: April 10, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »
Gathers sounds pretty supportive of the move....

@qmillertime all i know is one year with your boy and you'll go out with a bang. Whatever you wanna accomplish i'm coming to help ya bro.
So much for gathers reconsidering-unless someone can talk so sense into him right quick.

pmg911

« Reply #981 on: April 11, 2012, 08:24:20 AM »
SJU runs a clean program and always has.

Every succesful high level program breaks the rules to different degrees, no one runs a clean program and has continued success.

« Reply #982 on: April 11, 2012, 12:39:21 PM »

Every succesful high level program breaks the rules to different degrees, no one runs a clean program and has continued success.
Than maybe we do run a clean program.

« Reply #983 on: April 11, 2012, 01:16:37 PM »
Except for Jarvis, there is no hint of anything suggesting SJU has not run a clean program. Jarvis was an anomaly and a cancer. But the other coaches we have had have been clean. Let's not put ourselves down unnecessarily.

DFF6

« Reply #984 on: April 11, 2012, 01:19:26 PM »
Except for Jarvis, there is no hint of anything suggesting SJU has not run a clean program. Jarvis was an anomaly and a cancer. But the other coaches we have had have been clean. Let's not put ourselves down unnecessarily.

Not so sure about how clean Fran was.  He definitely exercised piss poor judgment.

« Reply #985 on: April 11, 2012, 01:59:43 PM »
Clearly, Fran made some poor judgments, both in the locker room and carreerwise. But I have never heard a hint that he was violating recruiting rules. Why are we SJU fans so determined to cast aspersions on our school? I , for one, have always taken pride in our clean record over many decades. That is why the Jarvis episode hurt so much. A terrible blot on  a record we should all be proud of. 

sju89tr

« Reply #986 on: April 11, 2012, 02:34:37 PM »
Every program breaks rules, many worse than others, the stupid ones get caught (Calipari, Sampson etc.) the smart ones get a pass (Coach K, Howland) You cannot survive these days without doing it. 

pmg911

« Reply #987 on: April 11, 2012, 03:07:41 PM »
Well said TR

paultzman

« Reply #988 on: April 11, 2012, 03:10:38 PM »
Telep notes Gathers not signing now, wants to see what happens with Baylor investigation. His beloved brother sw Telep.

“@DaveTelep: About to jump into an ESPN chat. Have some news to pass on regarding Ricardo Gathers. Join us at 3pm ET http://t.co/Kup6zU2t
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 03:11:04 PM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #989 on: April 11, 2012, 03:22:34 PM »
Moot point now, with NCAA accepting Baylor's self imposed sanctions.

sju89tr

« Reply #990 on: April 11, 2012, 03:33:25 PM »
Telep notes Gathers not signing now, wants to see what happens with Baylor investigation. His beloved brother sw Telep.

“@DaveTelep: About to jump into an ESPN chat. Have some news to pass on regarding Ricardo Gathers. Join us at 3pm ET http://t.co/Kup6zU2t

If I were Lavin I would be on Rico every minute of the day, Drew probably doesn't care as he does it to every other coach who has a verballed player.

Moose

« Reply #991 on: April 11, 2012, 03:57:48 PM »

Its funny to see Gathers say one thing and then 'news' of Gathers saying something else.  Oh brother
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #992 on: April 12, 2012, 11:30:24 AM »
Every program breaks rules, many worse than others, the stupid ones get caught (Calipari, Sampson etc.) the smart ones get a pass (Coach K, Howland) You cannot survive these days without doing it.
Don't believe you can say Cal himself was caught as in both the Camby and Rose violations Cal himself was actually cleared-not saying he is clean or not just that nothing has ever been actually pinned on him directly at least to my knowledge.

« Reply #993 on: April 12, 2012, 11:50:40 AM »

Right after the Gathers "news," Reggie Rankin was asked this concerning biggest recruiting surprise(s):

"Chris (St. Louis): Of the prospects already committed, who surprised you the most with where they decided to commit?

Reggie Rankin
  (4:05 PM)
I am a little surprised, from a geographic standpoint. Kyle Anderson to UCLA. Kaleb Tarczewski to Arizona. Glen Robinson (son of Purdue great Glen Big Dog Robinson) to Michigan. There are a lot of things that could influence a decision but these surprised me.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:50:58 AM by bball purist »

Moose

« Reply #994 on: April 12, 2012, 11:53:55 AM »

Right after the Gathers "news," Reggie Rankin was asked this concerning biggest recruiting surprise(s):

"Chris (St. Louis): Of the prospects already committed, who surprised you the most with where they decided to commit?

Reggie Rankin
I am a little surprised, from a geographic standpoint. Kyle Anderson to UCLA. Kaleb Tarczewski to Arizona. Glen Robinson (son of Purdue great Glen Big Dog Robinson) to Michigan. There are a lot of things that could influence a decision but these surprised me.

Reggie really needs more love as one of the experts.  He really knows his stuff.  Moreso than some of the blowhards out there.

« Reply #995 on: April 12, 2012, 01:33:48 PM »

Reggie Rankin

Reggie really needs more love as one of the experts.  He really knows his stuff.  Moreso than some of the blowhards out there.
I agree.  When I read that he was surprised, that surprised me.  Like you said Moose, he usually knows what's going on.

boo3

« Reply #996 on: April 12, 2012, 06:43:24 PM »

Don't tell Baldi.

Tha Kid

« Reply #997 on: April 13, 2012, 09:15:06 AM »
Would there be anything better for banter on this board than Iona coming out as a dirty program and having to watch Baldi bash them?  I do not wish that on Iona, but it'd make for some great message board fodder
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #998 on: April 13, 2012, 09:26:57 AM »
Would there be anything better for banter on this board than Iona coming out as a dirty program and having to watch Baldi bash them?  I do not wish that on Iona, but it'd make for some great message board fodder

Iona has had its fair share of  dirty laundry, see Ruland as player and coach. Sore loser Kevin Willard  is even spreading rumors about the team recently.

Moose

« Reply #999 on: April 13, 2012, 09:28:14 AM »

Iona has had its fair share of  dirty laundry, see Ruland as player and coach. Sore loser Kevin Willard  is even spreading rumors about the team recently.

What is Willard saying