18-19 Season

• 256 replies

paultzman

18-19 Season
« on: February 21, 2018, 12:45:11 PM »

St. John's and Georgia Tech will play a neutral site game in Miami this December, per @JonRothstein

Re: 18-19 Season
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 01:00:04 PM »
Has it been announced what preseason tournament the Johnnies will be in next year?

goredmen

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 01:16:25 PM »
Has it been announced what preseason tournament the Johnnies will be in next year?

Legends Classic in BK with Temple, VCU and Cal

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 01:35:27 PM »

Legends Classic in BK with Temple, VCU and Cal
Well that increases our chances of seeing Jordan Brown play live in a college basketball game. Unfortunately in might be in a Bear's uniform. Would much prefer him in red and white.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 12:29:57 PM »

Poison

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 12:42:44 PM »

St. John's and Georgia Tech will play a neutral site game in Miami this December, per @JonRothstein

Thanks for sharing. This is kind of odd. Why are we playing Georgia Tech?

ras

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 12:48:36 PM »

Why not?

Marillac

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 01:04:18 PM »

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 01:15:42 PM »
I have zero inside info. But why should we glean a random twitter post to mean he's definitively coming back? That could be about anything.

paultzman

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 01:29:03 PM »
I have zero inside info. But why should we glean a random twitter post to mean he's definitively coming back? That could be about anything.

Heard he is returning for sure fwiw

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 01:31:30 PM »

That winning streak might actually save the program

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 01:38:27 PM »

It feels that way.

Poison

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2018, 01:43:12 PM »

Why not?

Because they’re bad at basketball.

goredmen

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2018, 01:49:11 PM »

Why not?

Because they’re bad at basketball.

So is St. John's

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2018, 02:00:05 PM »
I'm very intrigued by a potential Simon-Ponds-Clark-Owens-Keita lineup. Kind of reminds me Providence's lineup of Cartwright-Diallo-Lindsay-Bullock-Watson. We can finally play big. I love Owens as a stretch 4, and weak-side help defender, rather than him guarding the opposing teams best big-man 1 on 1 where he struggles and fouls a lot.

Obviously a lot can change, but then we would have Mikey Dixon, Trimble, and Greg Williams as three very capable reserve guards who can score. I think we would need another big man transfer, or recruit to pair with Josh Roberts on the bench. Another high quality wing would be great too because I don't think Diakite will contribute much next year. But I think we have a shot to be pretty good next year, and unlike this year have a good amount of depth.

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 03:25:57 PM »
I'm very intrigued by a potential Simon-Ponds-Clark-Owens-Keita lineup. Kind of reminds me Providence's lineup of Cartwright-Diallo-Lindsay-Bullock-Watson. We can finally play big. I love Owens as a stretch 4, and weak-side help defender, rather than him guarding the opposing teams best big-man 1 on 1 where he struggles and fouls a lot.

Obviously a lot can change, but then we would have Mikey Dixon, Trimble, and Greg Williams as three very capable reserve guards who can score. I think we would need another big man transfer, or recruit to pair with Josh Roberts on the bench. Another high quality wing would be great too because I don't think Diakite will contribute much next year. But I think we have a shot to be pretty good next year, and unlike this year have a good amount of depth.

Simon/Ponds (if he returns) will be a top 5 backcourt in the country.
Owens/Keita could be our twintowers ala Ewing/Cartwright in the late 80s.
Clark is probably our best shooter so I like him on the wing, and he can take it to the hoops when he chooses to.
That's a very good starting 5.
Would love to see Matt get a Grad Transfer big, maybe Josh Cunningham?

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 03:36:40 PM »

Simon/Ponds (if he returns) will be a top 5 backcourt in the country.
Owens/Keita could be our twintowers ala Ewing/Cartwright in the late 80s.
Clark is probably our best shooter so I like him on the wing, and he can take it to the hoops when he chooses to.
That's a very good starting 5.
Would love to see Matt get a Grad Transfer big, maybe Josh Cunningham?

Cunningham would have been a good get 4 years ago. A great get 3 years ago. And a fantastic get now. Havnt heard he is transferring.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

QuanMan

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2018, 05:04:21 PM »
Agreed, Josh Cunningham is the perfect grad transfer piece for this team. Fills a big need, can play down on the box at the 4 and on the wing as well. It would be fitting, Lavin recruited him back during the 13-14 season before he went to his father's alma mater Bradley. Has had a solid career at Dayton and has plenty of big game experience.
Section 3
Section 116

QuanMan

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 05:25:00 PM »
Btw, to all the gossipers-

Oroachimaru
@Sneaky_Bounce
 18h18 hours ago
More
I Wasn’t Raised To Quit... ANYTHING
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2018, 06:30:56 PM »

Yeah that 4 game winning streak really saved the program without it they would be so much worse off...