Niagara Post Game

• 44 replies
Niagara Post Game
« on: December 15, 2007, 07:19:08 PM »
Just ugly, sloppy, no hustle, low iq basketball tonight. I'll be on the train for the next 3 hours. I'll have updates when I get back home.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

Re: Niagara Post Game
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 07:22:13 PM »
norm's gotta go

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 07:26:44 PM »
Still someone please tell me why we watched the niagara broadcast. Are we that pathetic that we not only have some games go completely un televised and when we get to watch on tv it's the purple eagle b cast on SNY!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 07:30:47 PM »
that's because niagara is more advanced than we are.

Randomhero423

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 07:33:15 PM »
the only part i enjoyed about this game at all was hearing the band played "impression that i get" by MMB. great song.

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 08:17:32 PM »
absolutely disgraceful.  nobody showed any care for the basketball, there was none ZERO ZIPP NADDA help defense played on too many possessions.  it seemed like sju was playing in full denial throughout the game on too many possessions.  two isolation plays for geno down the stretch? that was real brilliant. the players seemed to be apathetic throughout the game and that falls on the head coach.

also, i dont know how accurate this was but i watched the game on tv and there was ZERO crowd noise.  the christ the king-st raymonds game i was at last night was ten times louder than CA sounded. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

kjd01067

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 08:36:18 PM »
Mase and Rob Thomas back in action 12/19 bring on Ohio U.

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 11:13:24 PM »
Be interestin to see what Poison bring.
I just question y'all from thinkin we got ourselves a savior. Maybe we do, but odds say it take time.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

pmg911

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 12:20:16 AM »
When it really comes down to it...

St. John's is just not a good basketball team this year and that fact is not going to change over the next 2 1/2 months...

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 02:42:48 AM »
To say they aren't a good basketball team is fair at this point. I think we have good players and could have a good team but we aren't playing well as a team or individuals. We've failed our "tests" early on in the season but lets see if we can heat up in Miami?

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 02:47:22 AM »
New Updates Main Page

www.johnnyjungle.com

NEW Balzo's Breakdown Up

NEW State of the Jungle

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 07:53:27 AM »
 Tough "L", This game may be with them for a while. Mase & Thomas should give them some moral boast, there going to need it.  Tomas's injury really hurt,they had little impact in the paint with out him, He may not be an impact player but his game has improved over the years. If Niagara hit a few of their second half fouls shots the fans would have been on Union Turnpk before the refs. I keep telling myself that most of the Redmen were in h.s. gyms this time last year & 3 of our top 7 players are injured.  That said ,to lose to a Maac team on your home court........

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 09:46:16 AM »

St. John's is just not a good basketball team this year and that fact is not going to change over the next 2 1/2 months...

Sound mo like a prediction than a fact bre.

Me, I always gots me some hope. Cause if y'all dont got it, what the point?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 09:57:17 AM »
Where was the defense intensity we saw in the last 30 seconds?  We ought to play like that all game.

The lack of depth without TJ playing hurt is tremendously.  He may not be great, but he can play meaningful minutes.  Once Coker/Burrell fouled out, it was practically over.

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2007, 10:08:47 AM »

I'm right on with you Choz about the hope man.  So many of you are so down already you shouldnt even bother watching or cheering for this team all season.  I think most of you dont even mind if we lose bc you know you can just bash norm and if we win you can put your pom poms back on and say how you are such a fan blah blah.

pmg911

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 10:13:50 AM »

Choz..  you know I respect you...

But a prediction would be saying there is no way the team wins 14 games this year...

It always good to have hope..   but false hope does no one any good...   as a true basketball fan.. can you honestly look at this team and think they are any good.?    its not being negative..  its not bashing Norm..   its just being objective and honest...    

Guys are honestly hoping for a major boost from a kid that hasn't yet to play a game of college basketball and is coming off a devastating knee injury...     the same guy the coach has publically said to NOT exepct much from...   a guy that is NOT going to play 20 minutes a night...

At the beginning of the year I thought the team would only win 13 - 14 games...   and they have now lost two of the games I thought they were going to win before the year started...  tehy might steal a win against Cincy & DePaul but that is it...

pmg911

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 10:17:26 AM »

I'm right on with you Choz about the hope man.  So many of you are so down already you shouldnt even bother watching or cheering for this team all season.  I think most of you dont even mind if we lose bc you know you can just bash norm and if we win you can put your pom poms back on and say how you are such a fan blah blah.

Scooby. . there might be part of the fan base you are correct about...

BUT. . I am definitely in the anti-Norm Roberts camp..  I just think he is a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE game coach..  and proves it every game...

That being said..     I never ever want St. John's to lose....   it pains my stomach to see the lack of success...

Any true fan never wants them to lose...   
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 10:18:53 AM by pmg911 »

Randomhero423

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 11:44:45 AM »
the thing i don't understand is the EXCUSE 7 freshman... norm put HIMSELF into that situation and it's his fault we are that inexpericenced.  heading into his fourth year i wouldn't expect having 7 freshman and still losing games to niagara and being LUCKY to make the NIT...

kjd01067

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 12:10:27 PM »
Here is the thing, we are 6 games into the season.  Do the team and the program a favor and stand by this team for the rest of the season.  Most would consider me a Normie but I more than probably most criticize and scream at Norm during the games.  Thing is Norm is the head coach till atleast the end of the season.  I know many people want his head and I dont totally disagree but none of us that post on these boards have the pull or the wallet to sway Father Harrington one way or the other.  This team can be a decent team if Mase and Thomas can come back strong.  That might be a big IF but if you dont have hope why are you a fan.  This isnt the first game we are suppose to win this year that we will lose and we will win a couple of upsets this year too.  Remember guys everyone knew this year would have its ups and downs, so lets just watch it play out.  This may seem like a rant to some but my final point that I would like to leave everyone with is: This team might not be where you would have wanted 4 years ago but atleast we still have a team to cheer for.

Keep The Faith - STJ Fan 4 Life

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 01:02:59 PM »
Here is the thing, we are 6 games into the season.  Do the team and the program a favor and stand by this team for the rest of the season.  Most would consider me a Normie but I more than probably most criticize and scream at Norm during the games.  Thing is Norm is the head coach till atleast the end of the season.  I know many people want his head and I dont totally disagree but none of us that post on these boards have the pull or the wallet to sway Father Harrington one way or the other.  This team can be a decent team if Mase and Thomas can come back strong.  That might be a big IF but if you dont have hope why are you a fan.  This isnt the first game we are suppose to win this year that we will lose and we will win a couple of upsets this year too.  Remember guys everyone knew this year would have its ups and downs, so lets just watch it play out.  This may seem like a rant to some but my final point that I would like to leave everyone with is: This team might not be where you would have wanted 4 years ago but atleast we still have a team to cheer for.

Keep The Faith - STJ Fan 4 Life

At least we have a team to cheer for??   I cant believe sju bball has come to this.  So i guess if the team didnt fold and made it through the year it was a good one.