Gerardo Suero - SG/PG - OSNA - Centereach, NY - WABASH VALLEY JC

• 34 replies

Randomhero423

http://hsnewyork.scout.com/2/740597.html

STJ and Pitt top two.  He sounds real good.

I know ya know somethin Kob..  watcha got?  :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 02:23:14 PM by kjd01067 »

Re: Gernardo Suero SG/PG
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 09:18:03 AM »
this guy is starless!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 10:22:17 AM »
i guess he can't play then!

seriously, every time a name has popped up on the message boards this year, that player gets snapped up.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 10:24:38 AM »
and isn't it gerardo suero?

this whole "scoring in bunches" thing is okay, but is he going to routinely go 5 of 16 like Mase?  this team doesn't need another bricklayer. 

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 11:01:46 AM »

seriously, every time a name has popped up on the message boards this year, that player gets snapped up.

thats simply because the realistic recruits for the 2008 class are sub-par for BE talent.....now i aint gonna drill anybody willing to come here, but once in a while we would like to hear names in the caliber of:

Lance Stephenson
Dominic Cheek
Durand Scott

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 11:16:44 AM »
he can play. his game is sort of similar to doron lamb hes crafty and is long and knows how to score. hes filled out a bit more physically of late but will still develop. i see him more of a SG but he could play the 1.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

mkras99

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 11:37:42 AM »
he can play. his game is sort of similar to doron lamb hes crafty and is long and knows how to score. hes filled out a bit more physically of late but will still develop. i see him more of a SG but he could play the 1.

Big East player?

Re: Gerardo Suero SG/PG
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 12:18:33 PM »
If we didn't want Bolding...why are we interested in another 2G that can't shoot?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 12:23:35 PM »
If we didn't want Bolding...why are we interested in another 2G that can't shoot?

I'm not sure how interested we are but I think there is a big difference from showing interest and showing high interest. I think we would kill Norm for not showing interest in players around the NYC area and now that he is too we're still upset.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 12:38:07 PM »

oh, no doubt.  i was being facetious; i'd like to know more about suero.  been hearing about him for a minute, and if he can handle the rock AND score?  sounds promising to me.

thats simply because the realistic recruits for the 2008 class are sub-par for BE talent.....now i aint gonna drill anybody willing to come here, but once in a while we would like to hear names in the caliber of:

Lance Stephenson
Dominic Cheek
Durand Scott

Randomhero423

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 01:53:29 PM »
obviously i'd like us to get involved with major recruits but norm will never get them. plain and simple.

he's got interest by pitt so he's a good player i'd assume.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 01:54:55 PM »

oh, no doubt.  i was being facetious; i'd like to know more about suero.  been hearing about him for a minute, and if he can handle the rock AND score?  sounds promising to me.

Lance Stephenson
Dominic Cheek
Durand Scott

(that's what i meant to say.)

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 01:57:47 PM »
obviously i'd like us to get involved with major recruits but norm will never get them. plain and simple.

pitt's taken some decent players and made them influential talent.  i look at levance fields and man, he's not all that great.  but the pitt staff has molded him and the rest of that team into a squad that can maximize their talents, know when to shoot, know when to run, and play lock down team defense.  it's not just about the talent, it's about how that talent is molded and trained. 

tom crean's not bringing in 5-stars.  pitt doesn't bring in the 5 stars that other teams do.  but those dudes get coached.  well.

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 02:17:38 PM »

Never is a strong word and is Justin Burrell #1 prep player in the country not a big recruit. I'm all for criticizing and commenting on things but it annoys me when people do so unfairly. We can say we're not happy with the recruiting it hasn't been up to our par of standards for what we expect St. John's to be but to say he is never going to land anyone big is just an unfounded statement to make. We need to win and the recruits will roll in.

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 02:19:57 PM »

pitt's taken some decent players and made them influential talent.  i look at levance fields and man, he's not all that great.  but the pitt staff has molded him and the rest of that team into a squad that can maximize their talents, know when to shoot, know when to run, and play lock down team defense.  it's not just about the talent, it's about how that talent is molded and trained. 

tom crean's not bringing in 5-stars.  pitt doesn't bring in the 5 stars that other teams do.  but those dudes get coached.  well.

I totally agree with you peter and the difference between pitt, marquette, and ourselves is if we start winning we will get those 5 star guys. If St. John's becomes prevalent again we immediately leap frog teams like those just because of our location.

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 02:20:52 PM »

Never is a strong word and is Justin Burrell #1 prep player in the country not a big recruit. I'm all for criticizing and commenting on things but it annoys me when people do so unfairly. We can say we're not happy with the recruiting it hasn't been up to our par of standards for what we expect St. John's to be but to say he is never going to land anyone big is just an unfounded statement to make. We need to win and the recruits will roll in.

JJ is right. on a side note, why is everyone in panic mode? late-signing period ends in a few months. lets see what happens...

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 02:21:33 PM »

I'm not sure how interested we are but I think there is a big difference from showing interest and showing high interest. I think we would kill Norm for not showing interest in players around the NYC area and now that he is too we're still upset.

Nobody is upset that he is showing interest...its just why turn down Bolding and continue to recruit 2G's? 

I try not to judge a class until its complete...but at this point it looks like nobody wants to come to St. John's...we needed some good news and Bolding could've been it.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 02:51:56 PM »

Nobody is upset that he is showing interest...its just why turn down Bolding and continue to recruit 2G's? 

I try not to judge a class until its complete...but at this point it looks like nobody wants to come to St. John's...we needed some good news and Bolding could've been it.

Ok I'm purely speculating and just thinking of possible scenarios that no one has thought of. Perhaps Bolding wanted to play right away and the staff didn't feel he would. There are chemistry issues there. Maybe they see Bolding's ceiling as not being as high as others on the board. Recruiting isn't as easy as saying well he is the #97 recruit lets take him ahead of the #103 recruit. If it were that easy no coaches would invest time in scouting themselves.

Randomhero423

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 03:06:15 PM »
Burrell was a top 50 recruit.  I'm talking five star guys. 

kjd01067

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=829644

Gerardo Suero stood out for the Upstate Basketball Club, scoring 24 points and making a variety of plays all over the court. A 2008 prospect attempting to get through the NCAA Clearinghouse, Suero said he is hearing from UCLA, St. John's, Providence, Marquette, Pittsburgh, Memphis, USC, Washington State and DePaul. Providence, Pittsburgh, Memphis and Washington State were in the game watching Suero, who is new to the States from the Dominican Republic.