Re: Villanova predictions thread due
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2019, 07:25:43 AM »
Maybe because he reads your posts?

Zing

Marillac

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2019, 12:21:11 PM »
Maybe because he reads your posts?

Your streak of unfunny jokes is prolific.

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2019, 01:22:56 PM »
I think we pull this one out. 83-81

Would like to see more Roberts.

goredmen

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2019, 01:26:13 PM »
I think we pull this one out. 83-81

Would like to see more Roberts.

When we played Nova a month ago Keita only played 5 mins as did Cosby-Rountree as both teams knew they had to keep 5 perimeter players on the floor pretty much at all times. I wouldn't be surprised if it shakes out that way again tomorrow.

I wouldn't be disappointed if we don't see much or any of Roberts tomorrow as long as we don't see any Keita at all.

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2019, 01:29:54 PM »
I will be at the game also tomorrow, I can't see a path to us winning with how great Villanova has looked lately. I hope we can at least start fast...but I was at the Providence game last week and it was a morgue. We played so bad, lets hope MSG isn't a house of horrors for us tomorrow

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2019, 07:27:18 PM »
84-69 Nova. Pascall is going to have a day

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2019, 07:54:35 PM »
When we played Nova a month ago Keita only played 5 mins as did Cosby-Rountree as both teams knew they had to keep 5 perimeter players on the floor pretty much at all times. I wouldn't be surprised if it shakes out that way again tomorrow.

I wouldn't be disappointed if we don't see much or any of Roberts tomorrow as long as we don't see any Keita at all.

I think he should play significant minutes tomorrow. We can't afford Clark/Heron/Figueroa to get into foul trouble, which tends to happen when they are forced to guard bigger players in the paint. Also, Roberts brings great energy, and plays very good defense from what I've seen so far.

I think the main reason we've chosen to go small this season is that Keita hasn't really proven to be very competent at much of anything. If Roberts can rebound and play defense down low, he could be a huge asset for us.

goredmen

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2019, 08:02:23 PM »
I think he should play significant minutes tomorrow. We can't afford Clark/Heron/Figueroa to get into foul trouble, which tends to happen when they are forced to guard bigger players in the paint. Also, Roberts brings great energy, and plays very good defense from what I've seen so far.

I think the main reason we've chosen to go small this season is that Keita hasn't really proven to be very competent at much of anything. If Roberts can rebound and play defense down low, he could be a huge asset for us.

Yeah, but my point is Villanova will likely play small tomorrow too like they did against us in the first game. If that's the case, then LJ and Clark *shouldn't* get into foul trouble and if they do have Trimble or Williams come in. Wright left his starting big on the bench the whole game last time because he doesn't want to trade that matchup issue for his offense vs his defense.

Poison

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2019, 10:55:40 PM »
Lavor Postell - 76
Eric Ebertz -72

Ponds has 30 and 9 assists. Paschall has 28, and pulls down 14 rebounds.

Roberts grabs 6 rebounds off the bench, and throws down two dunks that gets the fans going.

Poison

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2019, 10:58:08 PM »

+1. Kid has to be out there. We’ve only seen a small sample, but there’s no question he’s been the best bench player last two games.

goredmen

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2019, 11:27:00 PM »
+1. Kid has to be out there. We’ve only seen a small sample, but there’s no question he’s been the best bench player last two games.

This is silly. If Villanova plays 5 perimeter guys against us again then Roberts will be useless. He'd be a liability on defense trying to guard a Guard and doesn't have close to the offense skill needed to offset that by scoring over smaller players.

That said, if Cosby-Rountree is getting burn tomorrow and is killing us in the paint, then yes Roberts should see some run. Otherwise, roll with Trimble and Williams as the guys off the bench

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2019, 11:39:36 PM »
This is silly. If Villanova plays 5 perimeter guys against us again then Roberts will be useless. He'd be a liability on defense trying to guard a Guard and doesn't have close to the offense skill needed to offset that by scoring over smaller players.

That said, if Cosby-Rountree is getting burn tomorrow and is killing us in the paint, then yes Roberts should see some run. Otherwise, roll with Trimble and Williams as the guys off the bench

Villanova may go small, but that doesn't mean Roberts is useless. It's not as though he's a huge slow center. He's a very athletic 6'8 forward. He should be able to hold his own guarding quicker players. Better than Keita anyway. And if we play Roberts while 'Nova plays small, it could give us an advantage on the glass.

We really haven't seen enough play from Roberts to draw any conclusions on how good he is. But I'd roll the dice with him tomorrow.

Poison

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2019, 12:01:26 AM »

Agreed, if they play small, but that’s not the way to beat us.

goredmen

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2019, 01:51:12 AM »
Agreed, if they play small, but that’s not the way to beat us.

It was for them the first time they played us
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 01:51:22 AM by goredmen »

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2019, 09:13:56 AM »
Lavor Postell - 76
Eric Ebertz -72

Ponds has 30 and 9 assists. Paschall has 28, and pulls down 14 rebounds.

Roberts grabs 6 rebounds off the bench, and throws down two dunks that gets the fans going.

Played against Eberz back in the day at Eastern Invitational basketball camp. Didn't go well for Baldi

Tha Kid

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2019, 12:21:41 PM »
82-75 johnnies.  Boys come to play.  Then lose a winnable game in the next two. 
"I drink and I know things"

TONYD3

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2019, 04:00:00 PM »
Your streak of unfunny jokes is prolific.
Not a joke