SF   Cole
PF   Earlington
C    Champagnie

By the end of the year

PG   Anderson
2G   Williams
SF   Cole
PF    Champagnie / Earlington
C     Moore  (Not sure what position he plays or how good he will be - but hoping we can move
       Champagnie to the PF position with Earlington

I don’t think coach can start Dunn at the point. He showed us this year that he isn’t a point guard. If we have a natural point guard coming in, that’s who needs to run the offense.

Dunn should come off the bench, and at times I do think he can really help us. I just don’t see it if he’s asked to run the offense for 35 minutes.

Marillac

Re: Starting Lineup
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2020, 09:28:49 PM »
Dunn won’t be point. It’s not even worth discussing. He’s an undersized SF or SG that can’t shoot that well. He’s not a point.

He’s got a very good handle but he is too rushed and doesn’t have the decision-making to run a team. He would make a very good second ball-handler alongside Posh or McGriff.

Marillac

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2020, 09:32:51 PM »

McGriff has the penetrating quickness with a point guard mindset that will surprise you all.  Expect 20Minutes plus and a nice distributor.

Not one poster predicted 1/3 of the stats I had for him pre-injury, so it won’t surprise me if he does well or even beats out Posh. It all depends on his health and how much experience he got this season in practice.

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2020, 09:58:42 PM »
Not one poster predicted 1/3 of the stats I had for him pre-injury, so it won’t surprise me if he does well or even beats out Posh. It all depends on his health and how much experience he got this season in practice.

I hope your right.....I def think he would have helped this year, especially late in games...good thing is that as a coach I always like when there is competition between teammates and this will def be a good for both of them and the team....
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 11:07:27 PM by Johnnies93!! »

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2020, 11:27:02 PM »
I totally agree that Dunn is not a point guard. He is a 2G who can't shoot. I just think coach will be forced to play him there till Posh is ready to run the point full time. Dunn will not have to play 35 minutes at the point. He will share that duty with Posh. That is why I have him starting at the beginning of the season, but not at the end.

Poison

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2020, 12:51:49 AM »
If Earlington can learn to defend in the paint, I could see us going with...

Alexander - PG
Cole - SG
Williams - SF
Earlington - PF
Champagnie - C

Marillac

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2020, 01:37:18 AM »
If Earlington can learn to defend in the paint, I could see us going with...

Alexander - PG
Cole - SG
Williams - SF
Earlington - PF
Champagnie - C

Are you all there man? Seriously?

You’ve got a 6’6-6’7 kid playing SG and a 6’2-6’3 kid playing SF? I haven’t seen Cole playing defense for a second, but how many 6’6-6’7 kids can defend Big East caliber combos? Cole is a SF who can shoot. Williams is a guard and who can defend both the one and two.

Champagnie is way more of a forward than Earlington, but that is far less egregious.

Marillac

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2020, 01:49:23 AM »
I don’t know where to post it since the recruiting section hasn’t been updated, but Juju Murray is an absolute stud for 2021 and it looks like there are no big schools after him other than Dayton. Very puzzling.

He’s ranked #136 according to 24/7. This is obviously a top 60 talent. Top Marillac grade here. Get it done. Jesus Christ.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 01:54:39 AM by Marillac »

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2020, 05:24:21 PM »
Forgot to post-
Just wanted to congratulate St.Johns commit Posh Alexander on his selection as one of the 5 finalist for New York State Mr. Basketball and congrats to Tar-Heel commit R.J. Davies who won the award....

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2020, 06:28:45 PM »
How bout a
Williams
Cole
LJ
Moore
Earlington lineup

I know it’s weird to have a 6’10 guy at 4 and 6’6 at the 5 but Earlington has proved he can play the 5, you could switch them also but this lineup can stroke 1-5 and create so many mismatches in just one lineup, offensive FIREPOWER, maybe a top 2 offensive lineup in the bE

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2020, 06:43:28 PM »
How bout a
Williams
Cole
LJ
Moore
Earlington lineup

I know it’s weird to have a 6’10 guy at 4 and 6’6 at the 5 but Earlington has proved he can play the 5, you could switch them also but this lineup can stroke 1-5 and create so many mismatches in just one lineup, offensive FIREPOWER, maybe a top 2 offensive lineup in the bE

Champagne should be in there and then posh at the pg

Poison

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2020, 06:55:52 PM »
After watching more video I’m guessing that this will be it if LJ bolts...

Posh - PG
Williams - SG
Cole - SF
Earlington - PF
Champagnie - C

Earlington was a SF this year, but I think he will continue to develop his back to the basket game.

Champagnie, I expect will have to play some 4 and 5.

Johnny23

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2020, 08:52:04 PM »
I'm thinking the starting lineup looks like this if LJ leaves:

Posh
Williams
Cole
Champagnie
Toro

Bench will be very deep with Earlington, Dunn, Moore, Roberts, and McGriff. Then you got Caraher and Wusu fighting for minutes. Next season needs to get here already.

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2020, 11:24:40 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised to see Posh coming off the bench at the start of the season. Anderson seems like he prefers experience in his system and will give guys opportunities as they got more familiar.

Poison

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2020, 12:41:21 AM »

Posh
Williams
Cole
Champagnie
Toro

Bench will be very deep with Earlington, Dunn, Moore, Roberts, and McGriff. Then you got Caraher and Wusu fighting for minutes. Next season needs to get here already.

That line up is probably more likely than mine. Depending on what he does this summer, maybe Earlington can spell both forward spots and be like a super 6th man for us?

I have not seen Toro, going by the numbers, he’s played well in the past, but we have to go back more than a year to get to the guy who put up starter numbers. His stats from last season don’t tell me he’s ahead of Roberts. Consider Roberts against similar competition. In Nov/Dec, he looked like he was going to have a strong BE season. He dropped off quick once conference play started. Either way, I like that there’s some incentive to come to campus in the fall ready. Roberts has really only had one season of playing time. He could work his butt off and come back with a post up game. Let’s see if he does.

Getting back to Toro, I’m concerned about how he’s played recently. In the last game he played, Fordham shut him down. As bad as they are, he shouldn’t need anyone else on his team to help him score the ball against that lot. I keep reading here that he was great as a freshman. So was Yakwe.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 12:42:07 AM by Poison »

Poison

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2020, 08:32:31 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised to see Posh coming off the bench at the start of the season. Anderson seems like he prefers experience in his system and will give guys opportunities as they got more familiar.

That would be a mistake if there isn’t a point guard out there. Offense really struggled this year because we had one Hard working, but flawed PG. Alexander has to be the answer at the point. Or, it’s McGriff. There’s no one else.

« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2020, 08:32:48 AM »

Posh
Williams
Cole
Champagnie
Toro

I think from a pure starting point of view, CMA is more likely to lean toward guys coming back...
Dunn
Williams
Champagnie
Earlington
Roberts
Roberts is the first to come out after four minutes, replaced by Cole. Posh comes in for Dunn at the twelve minute mark. More so, who will be on the court for the final four minutes?

Marillac

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2020, 09:20:05 AM »

If Dunn is playing PG for more than 5 mins a game we are in trouble. I strongly suspect Anderson can’t wait to slide him over to the two and three the second a capable QB emerges.

I really like Dunn as a secondary ball-handling option.

Johnny23

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2020, 01:14:34 PM »
That line up is probably more likely than mine. Depending on what he does this summer, maybe Earlington can spell both forward spots and be like a super 6th man for us?

I have not seen Toro, going by the numbers, he’s played well in the past, but we have to go back more than a year to get to the guy who put up starter numbers. His stats from last season don’t tell me he’s ahead of Roberts. Consider Roberts against similar competition. In Nov/Dec, he looked like he was going to have a strong BE season. He dropped off quick once conference play started. Either way, I like that there’s some incentive to come to campus in the fall ready. Roberts has really only had one season of playing time. He could work his butt off and come back with a post up game. Let’s see if he does.

Getting back to Toro, I’m concerned about how he’s played recently. In the last game he played, Fordham shut him down. As bad as they are, he shouldn’t need anyone else on his team to help him score the ball against that lot. I keep reading here that he was great as a freshman. So was Yakwe.

Sure Earlington is versatile and can play both forward spots. Just don't want him putting the ball on the floor too much as that's really his only weakness. Hopefully he works on keeping his head up when dribbling this offseason. When he does that, look out. Because his feel for the game is awesome.

I think Anderson will probably switch starting lineups around many times throughout the course of next season. There's really 8-9 guys on this team who could start and I think 9-10 guys get a lot of minutes. 15-20+ mpg.

I agree about the PF group. It will be good for both Toro and Roberts to bang a lot in practice before next season. Hopefully they toughen up Moore too.

I just checked Toro's 2017-18 highlight reel. Man he looked really effective that season. Just a strong big body which is what we always need and he does really nice work in the post. Good footwork too.

« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2020, 01:47:20 PM »
If Dunn is playing PG for more than 5 mins a game we are in trouble. I strongly suspect Anderson can’t wait to slide him over to the two and three the second a capable QB emerges.

I really like Dunn as a secondary ball-handling option.

I agree totally...to me it’s McGriff and posh and then the other 4...
We need a true PG on floor for 40 minutes...