Starting Lineup

• 81 replies
Starting Lineup
« on: March 15, 2020, 12:32:17 PM »
Gonna be fun to talk about, let’s just say LJ leaves and we’ll leave him out of the lineup, but if he stays he’ll just be plugged into the 3 or 4 spot.

I’d love to see a lineup of

P. Alexander
R. Dunn
G. Williams
V. Cole
J Roberts

The you freaking got

McGriff
Wusu
Caraher
Moore
Steere
Sears
Earlington coming in, not even counting the 1 good transfer Mike will get if LJ doesn’t come back. Going to be a really fun year.

Johnny23

Re: Starting Lineup
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 12:41:41 PM »
Very encouraging. If LJ does leave then let's get another big in here.

A 20 win season for Anderson in Year 2? It's possible.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 01:39:53 PM »
Gonna be fun to talk about, let’s just say LJ leaves and we’ll leave him out of the lineup, but if he stays he’ll just be plugged into the 3 or 4 spot.

P. Alexander
R. Dunn
G. Williams
V. Cole
J Roberts

The you freaking got

McGriff
Wusu
Caraher
Moore
Steere
Sears
Earlington coming in, not even counting the 1 good transfer Mike will get if LJ doesn’t come back. Going to be a really fun year.

I don’t think we can identify starters at this point, but I think Champagnie has to be one of them.

Dunn could be a spark off the bench in certain games, but until he develops a consistent jump shot, he’s limited in what he can do.

My 5 for next season considering what we know now...

Alexander - PG
Cole - SG
Figueroa - SF
Earlington - PF
Roberts - C

Dunn and Williams are the first two off the bench. Also, we don’t know if everyone is coming back. I doubt it. Dunn could bolt. Guys like Caraher and Steere might be more suited to play at a lower level.

The players that stood out to me who could make a big jump are Champagnie and Earlington. Both started to come into their own recently. Hopefully, they can build on their recent success.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 01:42:58 PM by Poison »

Foad

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 01:58:02 PM »
I don’t think we can identify starters at this point, but I think Champagnie has to be one of them.

[…]

Alexander - PG
Cole - SG
Figueroa - SF
Earlington - PF
Roberts - C

?

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 02:21:39 PM »
?

How do we leave him off any starting 5....he was our best player the last 3 weeks!!so FOAD I’m with you on this one..
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 02:22:18 PM by Johnnies93!! »

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 02:34:12 PM »

Dunn could be a spark off the bench in certain games, but until he develops a consistent jump shot, he’s limited in what he can do.

Alexander - PG
Cole - SG
Figueroa - SF
Earlington - PF
Roberts - C

Dunn and Williams are the first two off the bench. Also, we don’t know if everyone is coming back. I doubt it. Dunn could bolt. Guys like Caraher and Steere might be more suited to play at a lower level.

The players that stood out to me who could make a big jump are Champagnie and Earlington. Both started to come into their own recently. Hopefully, they can build on their recent success.
How the heck do I forget the best player on this team this year????? Holy cow that adds another dimension. How do I forget freaking JULIAN CHAMPAGNIE

Foad

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 03:29:37 PM »
How do we leave him off any starting 5....he was our best player the last 3 weeks!!so FOAD I’m with you on this one..

Obviously good old Poison made a sin of omission and I was just ribbing him. Sub Champagnie for LJF, if he comes back I'll eat my hat, he checked out three months ago.

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 04:09:53 PM »
I would go

Pg Alexander
Sg Cole
Sf figgy
Pf Julian
C Roberts

Then
McGriff
Dunn
Williams
Earlington

Off bench
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 04:12:13 PM by Johnnies93!! »

ras

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 04:16:37 PM »
I think in BE competition Earlington has looked better then Roberts and deserves to start over him. Posh , Williams, Cole ,Champ, ME  assuming LJ doesn’t return.

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 05:17:13 PM »
You'd hope Posh walks in as a day 1 starter but could be Dunn.

Dunn and Roberts are best suited to be energy spark guys off the bench. Same for Earlington. Honestly that's a solid second punch.

I know nothing about Cole but I hope he can be an option scorer.

Haven't heard much talk on transfer front but hasn't really been listening either. Hope everyone stays but good chance they don't.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 05:29:21 PM »
With how Anderson utilizes his bench I'm not sure the "starter" versus "reserve" distinction matters that much.  Based on the Earlington's and Williams improvement this year, I wouldn't be shocked if either ends up starting.

You'd hope Posh walks in as a day 1 starter but could be Dunn.

Dunn and Roberts are best suited to be energy spark guys off the bench. Same for Earlington. Honestly that's a solid second punch.

I know nothing about Cole but I hope he can be an option scorer.

Haven't heard much talk on transfer front but hasn't really been listening either. Hope everyone stays but good chance they don't.

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 05:32:16 PM »
With how Anderson utilizes his bench I'm not sure the "starter" versus "reserve" distinction matters that much.  Based on the Earlington's and Williams improvement this year, I wouldn't be shocked if either ends up starting.

You right....in his system staring really doesn’t matter....only guaranteed starters at this point to me are a Posh. Julian and LJ if he stays....

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2020, 06:27:23 PM »

P. Alexander
R. Dunn
G. Williams
V. Cole
J Roberts

The you freaking got

McGriff
Wusu
Caraher
Moore
Steere
Sears

First of all, this is way too small of a lineup. You think a 195-200 lb scrawny Cole can play PF?

Second, the starting lineup next year begins with Champagnie.

Third, I expect there to be some significant roster upheaval.

Best guess now is:

Posh
Williams
Cole
Champagnie
Roberts

Dunn first guard off the bench. Earlington and Moore first bigs. McGriff next.

There is no excuse for not adding a quality grad transfer big man.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ray Salnave end up here given his skill set and how well his backup, Rutherford, faired in terms of minutes.

Poison

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2020, 06:41:45 PM »
Obviously good old Poison made a sin of omission and I was just ribbing him. Sub Champagnie for LJF, if he comes back I'll eat my hat, he checked out three months ago.

Lol. Oops.

I guess this is a tough one.

We have to hope that Posh Alexander is ready to be a starter. It’s asking a lot.

If LJ stays, he’s starting at his position. But I agree, I wouldn’t bet on him staying.

And in that case, I guess it’s...

Alexander -PG
Cole - SG
Earlington - SF
Champagnie - PF
Roberts - C

The easiest challenge here is putting Roberts at center. There isn’t anyone else that we’ve seen that challenges him for that nod. He certainly wasn’t an above average starter, but we have no one else.

Season hinges on what Alexander and Cole can do by the time BE play begins.

We’ll probably have a couple of transfers. Caraher, Steere, Sears and who knows, maybe Dunn will bolt.

From there, Coach Anderson has to improve his recruiting. We’ll see if he can.

Marillac

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2020, 06:47:35 PM »
Lol. Oops.

I guess this is a tough one.

We have to hope that Posh Alexander is ready to be a starter. It’s asking a lot.

If LJ stays, he’s starting at his position. But I agree, I wouldn’t bet on him staying.

Alexander -PG
Cole - SG
Earlington - SF
Champagnie - PF
Roberts - C

The easiest challenge here is putting Roberts at center. There isn’t anyone else that we’ve seen that challenges him for that nod. He certainly wasn’t an above average starter, but we have no one else.

Season hinges on what Alexander and Cole can do by the time BE play begins.

We’ll probably have a couple of transfers. Caraher, Steere, Sears and who knows, maybe Dunn will bolt.

From there, Coach Anderson has to improve his recruiting. We’ll see if he can.

Earlington as a SF🙄 Do you even watch basketball?

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2020, 07:04:26 PM »
Earlington and Champaigne as our 4/5 was our best look this year. Make up for their lack of height buy forcing the other teams 4/5 to guard on the perimeter. I wanna see that continue.

Posh
Williams
LJ
Champaigne
Earlington

Dunn
Cole
Moore
Roberts

Mggriff
Caraher
Wusu

CMA should have his 9-10 guys he needs.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 07:05:08 PM »

Alexander -PG
Cole - SG
Earlington - SF
Champagnie - PF
Roberts - C

As we sit here today I agree except Roberts starting, I don't think MA is a Roberts fan. I think Moore is the fifth guy, despite the fact that I've never seen him play. Dunn, Roberts, and Williams comprise the second wave. Cadaver, Sears and Steere follow. It's not good but it's not the worst I've ever seen either, but then I'm very very old.

Poison

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2020, 07:06:46 PM »
Earlington as a SF🙄 Do you even watch basketball?

Where should he play then oh wise one?

Poison

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2020, 07:10:12 PM »
As we sit here today I agree except Roberts starting, I don't think MA is a Roberts fan. I think Moore is the fifth guy, despite the fact that I've never seen him play. Dunn, Roberts, and Williams comprise the second wave. Cadaver, Sears and Steere follow. It's not good but it's not the worst I've ever seen either, but then I'm very very old.

Roberts improved this season, but we can all see that he’s in the doghouse. He gets completely lost on defense way too often.

I think Roberts and Earlington went through some growing pains this season that will prepare them for next season.

Marillac

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2020, 07:49:57 PM »
Where should he play then oh wise one?

Center or PF. Playing him at SF takes away all of the advantages he has over taller players.

It looks like Anderson wants to get a ton of points from big men in secondary transition and scramble situations. Guys like Champagnie and Earlington mitigate the soze differential by scoring cheap points against stiff backpedaling monsters.