Barack Osama?

• 89 replies

pmg911

Re: Barack Osama?
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2008, 02:31:19 PM »
Guys.. . I ma backing out of this thread..

For those voting for Obama..   good luck...  please find me in four years and tell me if you are happy with your choice...

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2008, 02:35:37 PM »
lol I think, as absurd as they may be, that I meet your criteria to be allowed to talk with you, PMG. I earn an income, own my home, pay taxes... I think that covers it?

I'm also a life-long (and mine's been fairly long) student of history (among other things); and taking everything into consideration I think it's a slam-dunk that W and his administration are not only the worst in our history, no other even comes close.

I said once before in response to something you posted that there are none so blind as those that will not see.

It fits you perfectly.

« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2008, 02:44:31 PM »
lol I think, as absurd as they may be, that I meet your criteria to be allowed to talk with you, PMG. I earn an income, own my home, pay taxes... I think that covers it?

I'm also a life-long (and mine's been fairly long) student of history (among other things); and taking everything into consideration I think it's a slam-dunk that W and his administration are not only the worst in our history, no other even comes close.

I said once before in response to something you posted that there are none so blind as those that will not see.

It fits you perfectly.

I fit the bill as well, and I'm in a bracket where personally I would benefit more from McCain's tax plan than Obama's.

It's an issue that's barely debatable, even the Republican party has disowned him throughout this year's campaigns (at all levels, not just POTUS).  And it was already being discussed during his first term.  W is one of the three or four worst President's in the history of the US and certainly the worst in my lifetime.

« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2008, 02:48:22 PM »
PMG

I asked you two questions about Obama that you clearly avoided and instead tried to attack me by saying I'm too young or I don't make enough money to have an opinion.

I'll ask it again...

Is there anything you like about Obama?

Is there anything you agree with him in his policy?

I'm not for or against either Obama or Mccain. My vote can still be swayed. I just want to see your thoughts since you seem so involved in the topic.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2008, 03:23:07 PM »
NO thanks, Muslims,Arabs arent one of my favorites right now. They have shown their hatred towards Americans too many times that now I only have that image of them and I hold a grudge for my own reasons. My signature pic was taken a couple of years ago, do you think Obama would dress in a turbin now during an election?

No because idiots like you would make a big deal of it.  And given that all Muslim Arabs (forget about the fact that Obamas father and stepfather while both Muslims,  were not Arabs)  hate Americans (stupidest thing ever posted on any of the three boards - and I've read Realfan and Oldred/Scotch).  You are aware that there are white muslims, black muslims, and asian muslims as well as middle easter muslims aren't you?  didn't think so.  Remind me not to send any of my kids to Iona.

At least Marco is man enough to admit he's a racist bigot.  Anyone else want to raise their hand?

Yup thats why I put a comma inbetween Arabs and Muslims. I dont care what color they are(I never said anything about color,you did), if I see someone with a turbin whether hes Arab or not I think terrorist. What do you think when you see them taking photographs of buildings or the subway? You think tourist or terrorist. Cmon bleeding heart, lets hear it

You see, I think tourist.  I'm not a racist.

Since you have no problems calling me a bigot and a racist, I have no problem calling you a liar. IM comfortable with my postion, are you?

Maybe you're not a bigot and a racist, you just post bigoted and racist things. 

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2008, 04:24:19 PM »
NO thanks, Muslims,Arabs arent one of my favorites right now. They have shown their hatred towards Americans too many times that now I only have that image of them and I hold a grudge for my own reasons. My signature pic was taken a couple of years ago, do you think Obama would dress in a turbin now during an election?

I believe that pictures was taken when Obama was visiting a muslim country and out of respect he wore the local dress. Anyway....I hope you truely don't believe all Abrabs are the same, all Black people and Jews are the same. We are all individuals. My grandmother grew during segragation in North Carolina and tells me stories you would not believe but yet see taught me to judge people as individuals based on how they treat you. I am black so if I walk into your office for an interview I really have no chance of get the job?

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2008, 04:34:02 PM »
there are plenty of pictures of bush holding hands with sheiks...and in awfully funny looking local garb.

this doesn't qualify me for anything...but i'm one of the oldest people on this site...own my own home...raised a family and have held some pretty decent jobs.  in my humble opinion, bush is the worst president in american history in practically any level you look at him...economy, internationally, constitutionally, etc.  to say, as pmg911 does, that he's one of the best is like saying norm is the best basketball coach in ncaa history...the results don't count.

geez...even mccain says he wants to end the bungling we've seen over the last eight years.  that doesn't tell you anything?

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2008, 05:43:29 PM »
PMG

I asked you two questions about Obama that you clearly avoided and instead tried to attack me by saying I'm too young or I don't make enough money to have an opinion.

I'll ask it again...

Is there anything you like about Obama?

Is there anything you agree with him in his policy?

I'm not for or against either Obama or Mccain. My vote can still be swayed. I just want to see your thoughts since you seem so involved in the topic.
I agree with Obama that going into Iraq was a mistake. I agree with Obama that we should be talking to Cuba and I'm all for free trade with cuba.

That's pretty much all I agree with him on. :)

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2008, 06:41:11 PM »

I believe that pictures was taken when Obama was visiting a muslim country and out of respect he wore the local dress. Anyway....I hope you truely don't believe all Abrabs are the same, all Black people and Jews are the same. We are all individuals. My grandmother grew during segragation in North Carolina and tells me stories you would not believe but yet see taught me to judge people as individuals based on how they treat you. I am black so if I walk into your office for an interview I really have no chance of get the job?

Right now, I have to say I have problems with the Muslim worlds. This because of recent history which is embedded in my head and plays in my mind daily. Im being portrayed as a racist which I dont think is the case. I hold a grudge, that  I probably will hold a lifetime as will some others I assume. People have been murdered,people I knew because of these extremists and I have trouble looking past that and bunch them all together.
 I dont know how black or Jewish people  became part of this conversation but to answer your question, I have no problems with that at all. But in saying that, if a white,black,jewish, hell even if a martian showed up wearing a turbin-well you know what Im thinking. Thats just the way it is.

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2008, 07:22:46 PM »

Right now, I have to say I have problems with the Muslim worlds. This because of recent history which is embedded in my head and plays in my mind daily. Im being portrayed as a racist which I dont think is the case. I hold a grudge, that  I probably will hold a lifetime as will some others I assume. People have been murdered,people I knew because of these extremists and I have trouble looking past that and bunch them all together.
 I dont know how black or Jewish people  became part of this conversation but to answer your question, I have no problems with that at all. But in saying that, if a white,black,jewish, hell even if a martian showed up wearing a turbin-well you know what Im thinking. Thats just the way it is.

Imagine how black people feel when they see white people then.

What we did to them in our country's history was far worse than 9/11

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2008, 07:37:33 PM »

You may not realize it but what you are describing is bigotry/racism in its purest form.  Holding an entire race/religion accountable for the acts of a few is a narrow minded and hateful view. 

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2008, 09:20:45 PM »

You may not realize it but what you are describing is bigotry/racism in its purest form.  Holding an entire race/religion accountable for the acts of a few is a narrow minded and hateful view. 

I cant imagine how black people feel,but some have expessed their feelings and thats fine.I dont blame them.This is America, everyone has the right to express their opinion. Im just telling  you how I feel. I wasnt around for slavery, but I had a front row seat for 9/11 and some friends are not with us anymore because of these people.

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2008, 09:33:09 PM »

Like I said, call it what you want-I dont care either way. It is what it is and Im being honest.   And BTW, you said in earlier post you wouldnt send your kids to IONA College because of what I say or think-thats kinda narrow minded as well. Ya know-lumping all those Iona people in the same category as me.

Randomhero423

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2008, 09:53:10 PM »

I cant imagine how black people feel,but some have expessed their feelings and thats fine.I dont blame them.This is America, everyone has the right to express their opinion. Im just telling  you how I feel. I wasnt around for slavery, but I had a front row seat for 9/11 and some friends are not with us anymore because of these people.

not because of arabs or muslims.  it's because of extremists.  major difference...

« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2008, 11:03:08 PM »

not because of arabs or muslims.  it's because of extremists.  major difference...

Right, I said this 20 posts ago. Just curious who are the extremists in the most recent terrorists attacks that changed the world?

Randomhero423

« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2008, 11:26:19 PM »
there are extremists of all kinds.

if the hijackers on the plane were black, would you then think every black person is a terrorist?

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2008, 12:17:45 AM »
I think what Marco said about a muslim or arab man taking photos or taking notes of some sort in the subway or of buildings would make me a bit leery too but I think thats because thats something a terrorist would possibly do and a majority of terrorists happen to be of muslim or arab descent.

I wouldn't go and punch them in the face and yell "terrorist!" but I might alert a nearby police officer and bring it to his attention to perhaps look into a situation. I believe thats being a good citizen. Thats like if I saw a man walking into a convenience store with his hat low and a puffy coat on I might avoid the store because he might be robbing the joint. I could go on an on about examples of just being perceptive and aware of your surroundings. 

« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2008, 12:34:23 AM »
there are extremists of all kinds.

if the hijackers on the plane were black, would you then think every black person is a terrorist?

I guess you'll just avoid the question and terrorist act which I am talking about

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2008, 01:37:31 AM »
Leaving alone the well-researched and unfounded "Barack Obama is a Muslim" line (there have been nearly 20 months of campaigning and every right winger and media outlet has tried to find dirt on Obama -if there was anything besides a school registration at a Muslim school in Jakarta, for a couple of years and long ago, it would have come out!);

and avoiding the fact that the guy the US assumes sent the Anthrax mailers was a white American (like the Unabomber);

and generally avoiding the slippery slope that we get into when we decide as a group that people who look a certain way are all threats, when most of the ones you see in Queens probably hate those a-holes and what they did as well, because they are immigrants who want to make that money like most folks who work hard to get to the US...

I don't think that any of the 9/11 killers wore turbAns.  They worked hard to look Americanized so as not to arouse suspicion.  And Sikhs (mostly Indian) wear turbans. 

I was fortunate not to lose anyone in the attacks (I know some successful evacuees, and a close friend lost someone on one of the flights) but we don't have to paint a whole people with the Threat Assessment Red brush.  Muslim extremists aren't the only threat, either from terrorism or in general.

« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2008, 01:52:16 AM »
Take a look at the unabomber and he'd raise an eyebrow of suspicion taking pictures too.